Am I alone as a buyer? Am I the only buyer who uses the feedback process for staying abreast of wha

Am I the only buyer who uses the feedback process for staying abreast of what items are still not received? Yet it is difficult to sort through multiple (hundreds) purchases when you can not print off only those requiring feedback beyond the 60 days.  I think a buyers personal history should be available to them with multiple sorting features to suit there requirements.  Is it possible to manipulate the system to see all items for past year that have not had feedback.  This educates the buyer to be more cautious with particular sellers.  I've had incidences in the past where seller has requested my patience and then still not receiving item beyond the eBay guarantee period. 

I would like to be able to manipulate my purchase history to utilize it as an inventory control method rather than searching through pages and pages of items.  Is this possible?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Am I alone as a buyer? Am I the only buyer who uses the feedback process for staying abreast of wha

Paypal allows you to file an Item Not Received case until 180 days (six months) after payment. 

If I had a hundred incoming purchases to track, I'd create a separate spreadsheet to manage that and not just rely on Feedback to determine which had arrived and which had not. It wouldn't take long to add a line to a spreadsheet per purchase and mark it received when the transaction was complete. 

As it stands, I 'flag' my email inbox message to denote outstanding orders and remove that flag when they are satisfactorily received. I have full control over the data that way. I don't like to rely on web-based software or data management for that since it's out of my hands. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

While feedback has a public relations function, letting future customers know how past customers felt about a transaction, it no longer has any effect on the sellers' accounts.

What does have an effect is the Dispute process.

Feedback is entirely voluntary. The opportunity to leave feedback disappears after 60 days. And for that matter, so does the transaction. With over 140 million transactions daily, eBay simply does not have the browser space to keep it longer.

If you are having problems with losing track of your purchases, you can take several steps.

First, before buying, look at the seller's feedback. Not just the number, look at the negative and neutral FB for patterns of non-delivery or poor quality. (Keep in mind that some people will never be satisfied. Those sellers with hundreds of negs, but 99.8% feedback are actually pretty good sellers. Because: ratio.)

Then, use a spreadsheet to track the latest date eBay says your item should arrive.

If that date passes, open an Item Not Received Dispute.

Given that you are buying cheap jewelry from China, I wouldn't bother with the suggestion to Contact the Seller.

If you do, do NOT get in a conversation. You just want a refund or a useable tracking number.

Do NOT above all, accept an offer of a replacement. That's a scam. There never was anything sent to begin with and nothing will be sent again.

The spreadsheet can be some fancy Excel thingy or just a little notebook. Or even a calendar.

But open those Item Not Received disputes and get your refund.

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of most pages.

The Paypal one is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

They work pretty much the same way, but as mentioned, PP gives you 180 days from payment for the Dispute.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply