Announcement About Problem With PayPal Shipping Labels

Here is the latest Announcement About Problem With PayPal Shipping Labels That Many Of Us Have Been Dealing With.

Issue with PayPal shipping label printing

The eBay Canada team is aware of issues with shipping label printing on the PayPal platform:

PayPal recently introduced a new step in the shipping label printing flow that requires sellers to sign up for a new Canada Post account or link an existing account to their PayPal account. Once the accounts are linked, it appears that eBay sellers no longer have access to the same shipping services and rates that are provided with an eBay account.

The above changes occur when sellers initiate the shipping label printing process, either through the “Print shipping label” link on eBay, or by going directly to the PayPal platform.

We are currently working with PayPal to resolve this issue, and will provide status updates as we get them. Unfortunately, in the interim, sellers will not be able to access the full list of eBay rates and shipping services they normally receive when printing shipping labels on PayPal.  

For those who are seeking an alternative, several sellers have reported that Canada Post’s Snap Ship service is currently offering competitive rates and services.
Regards,
eBay Canada

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Just spoke to a PayPal rep. Told me 7 days it should be resolved .  What a boondoggle!  Costing me dollars.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I was just able to print a label.  Canada Post prices just went up in the past hour!!  What's going on here?  

Tracked Packeted - USA   $14.71 at 2:00pm

now $16.25 at 3:00pm

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

Here is the latest Announcement About Problem With PayPal Shipping Labels That Many Of Us Have Been Dealing With.

Issue with PayPal shipping label printing

The eBay Canada team is aware of issues with shipping label printing on the PayPal platform:

PayPal recently introduced a new step in the shipping label printing flow that requires sellers to sign up for a new Canada Post account or link an existing account to their PayPal account. Once the accounts are linked, it appears that eBay sellers no longer have access to the same shipping services and rates that are provided with an eBay account.

The above changes occur when sellers initiate the shipping label printing process, either through the “Print shipping label” link on eBay, or by going directly to the PayPal platform.

We are currently working with PayPal to resolve this issue, and will provide status updates as we get them. Unfortunately, in the interim, sellers will not be able to access the full list of eBay rates and shipping services they normally receive when printing shipping labels on PayPal.  

For those who are seeking an alternative, several sellers have reported that Canada Post’s Snap Ship service is currently offering competitive rates and services.
Regards,
eBay Canada

Except that Snap ship is not offering Light Packets, or at least it wasnt earlier when I checked to see if I could print a label!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@shama-lama-ding-dong wrote:

I was just able to print a label.  Canada Post prices just went up in the past hour!!  What's going on here?  

If you have a Solutions for Small Business card and a credit card use Canada Post's new Snap Ship.
You get an extra 15% off your regular SfSB discount during beta testing. Discount ends in July.

As to different rates: eBay has an agreement with Canada Post. PayPal does not (or has a different rate table).

Canada Post (tracked packet USA, 100g to California from Ontario, May 23) rates:

over the counter: $17.26
Solutions for Small Business level 1, EST Online: $16.25
Solutions for Small Business level 1, Snap Ship: $13.82 (with promo discount)

-..-

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@shama-lama-ding-dong wrote:

If you have a Solutions for Small Business card and a credit card use Canada Post's new Snap Ship.
You get an extra 15% off your regular SfSB discount during beta testing. Discount ends in July.

As to different rates: eBay has an agreement with Canada Post. PayPal does not (or has a different rate table).

Canada Post (tracked packet USA, 100g to California from Ontario, May 23) rates:

over the counter: $17.26
Solutions for Small Business level 1, EST Online: $16.25
Solutions for Small Business level 1, Snap Ship: $13.82 (with promo discount)

So it looks like $14.71 is the eBay rate and the $16.25 is the Paypal rate (using your CPC discount).

-..-

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Does anyone know if Snap Ship accepts paypal as payment?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Does anyone know if Snap Ship accepts paypal as payment?

Unfortunately, Canada Post is credit card only.  But they do have a survey for improvement suggestions.

Debit or paypal methods would be nice to have.

-..-

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I only use Paypal for online purchases, so Snap Ship is useless to me.  Guess I will be filling out customs labels by hand at the post office.  What a pain!  What really annoys me is the fact that my Ventureone card worked at my local post office today, but when I enter it on Paypal it says to try again later.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply