Anyone else think it'd be a good idea for an "Ebay WANTED" section? I think it'd be a great idea!!

Haven't you always wanted 1 location to ask for a missing item that you've been hunting for .. perhaps for ages?

What if someone had that exact item, collecting dust on a shelf somewhere. Maybe they never thought of posting it for sale on Ebay.

Now.. how about an Ebay "WANTED" section?  We post items that we need.. from any missing screws to reassemble an item, a missing sticker for a collection, etc..

Who knows? I've been thinking of this for years.. it certainly might just work!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Anyone else think it'd be a good idea for an "Ebay WANTED" section? I think it'd be a

There used to be an eBay wanted section. eBay got rid of it a few years ago. I believe it was because some sellers ended up selling items without listing on eBay. It was very useful though, I used it to see just what type of items in my selling categories that people were looking for.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Anyone else think it'd be a good idea for an "Ebay WANTED" section? I think it'd be a

Well would you look at that.. I never knew and I've been a member for 17 years now..

Perhaps it should be based on a vote for the seller to post an official ad on Ebay. Or Someone clicking a request button to post it on ebay for the seller. this way.. there's no "chatting" which enables sellers/buyers to bypass the ebay sellers policy..

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I thought it was cancelled because it was useless.

The dotCA one never had more than a dozen "wants' in all categories.

The dotCOM got flooded by totally useless offers, and offers for off-eBay sales.

It might work if eBay set it so there was no communication, but a seller could set up a listing and send the number to the customer.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I tried it once where I was looking for something very specific and never did find it. Instead, I got spammed with not-so-very similar offers from sellers. I think it's a good read in principle but it doesn't seem to work.

Plus, ebay probably wants people here checking every day for that special thing and buying other stuff that catches their eye instead. I bet all their search data tells them people come for one thing and buy another at least half the time. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply