Anyone have problems shipping to Mexico?

I sold some jewelry to a buyer in Mexico on Feb 1/17. I have never sent there before. It was not on my list of countries to ship to. But a customer begged me to send it to them. I didn't want to but said I would try it one time. I have now had a case opened against me for Item Not Received. Has anyone else had trouble with shipping to Mexico? And what are the normal shipping times to get there? Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Shipping to Mexico is a huge shipping no-no! They have a very corrupt postal system. Your item was probably pocketed by a customs agent and given to his girlfriend.

Just refund and exclude Mexico from your shipping locations.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks. I had a bad feeling about sending to Mexico. I should have gone with my gut feeling. You live & learn the hard way.  I have sent a message to the buyer. I have till the 27th to respond. Will wait till then in case of some miracle it still gets there. Otherwise I will refund & block buyer & country. Thank goodness it was only $38.00 with shipping.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You have my sympathies... It's not the Mexican customers that are the problem but the Customs Agents and Postal Workers.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Does the same problem arise with couriers like UPS?

I know Canadians hated UPS even worse than the GPS (spit spit spit), because they charged duty, sales tax and a huge customs brokerage fee on the doorstep before they would turn the parcel over.

What is the situation in Mexico?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Track-able services would be fine...

Canada Post Air Parcel Service (only Track-able service to Mexico I believe) and Couriers are guaranteed because these services have accountability for Mexican Customs and Postal Workers. 

I have one Mexican customer that sell to on occasion but he has a family member or friend in the USA that I mail it too. Then they ship it to him from there using a Tracked Service.   

Even the Mexican people know their Postal system is corrupt.....  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I haven't had much luck with shipping non tracked items to Mexico.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply