Can I ship to an address that in Chinese?

I have a buyer from Hong Kong who's PayPal address is in Chinese characters. Is it ok to ship using the Chinese character address or should I insist on getting an address with Latin Alphabet characters?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can use the address in Chinese characters as long as the word China is in English. The postal workers here only need to know the country, not the other specifics.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, you can use the address in Chinese characters as long as the word China is in English. The postal workers here only need to know the country, not the other specifics.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@funfunlego1 wrote:

I have a buyer from Hong Kong who's PayPal address is in Chinese characters. Is it ok to ship using the Chinese character address or should I insist on getting an address with Latin Alphabet characters?

Use the address in Chinese, and for Canada Post use, if you know it's going to Hong Kong add "Hong Kong, China", if you are not sure about the Hong Kong part just add "China".

China has (or at least had) several postal entry points for mail of which Hong Kong is/was one.  So adding "Hong Kong" to the address may shorten the mail trip if the item heads there first, rather than visiting the rest of China.

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The majority of the UPU's documents and publications – including its flagship magazine, Union Postale - are available in the United Nations official languages:
  • Arabic.
  • Chinese.
  • English.
  • French.
  • Russian.
  • Spanish. Portuguese.
Universal Postal Union – Languages
www.upu.int/en/the-upu/languages.html
Message 4 of 4
latest reply