Can a buyer purchase items and wait for an invoice?

A customer purchased one lot of glasses and paid full shipping.

She then asked about purchasing an additional 2 lots and asked for combined shipping. I wanted to send the additional 2 lots for $5.00 each for shipping.

I was hoping to send an invoice with the discounted shipping once she had committed to buy, but she was unable to 'purchase' without full payment (I then refunded the overage).

The amounts would be specific to each purchase, I really can't use a formula.

If I change my site preferences to allow combined shipping, will that cover this scenario?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you change your preferences and the buyer uses the add to cart button, they may be able to use the "Request total from seller" which is on the top right side of the cart. But there are times when that link is grayed out and not useable.

Another option.......  on .com the buyer is often required to make payment right away u less they use the add yo cart function.  But if they sign into .ca instead they should be able to click on buy it now and then commit to buy which won't require them to pay.  Once they have made all of their purchases from you they should be able to ask seller for an invoice.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

And if you are listing on both dotCA and dotCOM, and then the buyer choose items from both sites, you can't combine the two invoices.

Basically because they are in different currencies.

If the buyer waits for you, you can change the shipping on (either) one of the invoices to reflect the combined and discounted shipping.

EG - Listing is $9.99USD with $1.99USD shipping. Second purchase is $12,99CDN with $2,99 CDN shipping.

You find you could ship them together for $2,99CDN.

You change the dotCOM invoice to $0.00 shipping (DO NOT HIT RECALCULATE) and leave the dotCA one as is.

Buyer pays two invoices.

You pay two Paypal fees*.

*You may want to consider that 30 cents in calculating the shipping fee.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

1. Ask her to add all three to the Shopping Cart and then Request Total

2. Set up combined shipping and set your parameters

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

April 20 - Thank you all for your detailed responses. The information (and very useful tips) really helped!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many buyers don't read the descriptions/listings FULLY where it said, to please wait for us to send the invoice with the right shipping costs.  When they don't do that and make the payment, I don't refund the difference, I just upgrade them to XpressPost as I am not willing to lose some final value fees which eBay don't refund if I have to refund to the buyers.  It is a hassle but it is happening when they don't read them fully.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply