Can any one give me some tips on the SEO part of my listings? When I enter my key words, do I

Hello all, want to know when I enter my SEO key words, should I separate them with a comma? The phrases such as "off the grid" should this be typed as a phrase with the comma at the end? Or do I just type in words that relate to what the buyer is looking for and let it rock and roll?????

Many thanks for any help! 

Regards, firepiteddy.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can any one give me some tips on the SEO part of my listings? When I enter my key words, do I

I noticed you sell water heaters to Canada only, some being shipped from Texas.

Shipping to Canada exclusively suggests that your sales and marketing efforts are limited to the Canadian market by your supplier.

Now, since you are selling to Canadian buyers only, it would make more sense to list in Canadian dollars.  There is no point in listing in US$ where the Canadian buyers will have to pay a currency conversion fee (about 2,5%) and you also have to pay a currency conversion fee (about 2.5%).

Some of your heaters are shipped from BC while others are shipped from Texas.

It would be relevant to indicate in your listings if Canadian taxes (GST/HST/PST) apply.

Your listings for items shipped from Texas show "Canada Post" as the original carrier.  That is of course impossible.  Will the items be shipped through USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex or other carriers?  Will they be subject to brokerage fees?

These question are important and the answers should be provided in your listings.  To insert a comma or not is... quite frankly... not that important.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I noticed you sell water heaters to Canada only, some being shipped from Texas.

Shipping to Canada exclusively suggests that your sales and marketing efforts are limited to the Canadian market by your supplier.

Now, since you are selling to Canadian buyers only, it would make more sense to list in Canadian dollars.  There is no point in listing in US$ where the Canadian buyers will have to pay a currency conversion fee (about 2,5%) and you also have to pay a currency conversion fee (about 2.5%).

Some of your heaters are shipped from BC while others are shipped from Texas.

It would be relevant to indicate in your listings if Canadian taxes (GST/HST/PST) apply.

Your listings for items shipped from Texas show "Canada Post" as the original carrier.  That is of course impossible.  Will the items be shipped through USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex or other carriers?  Will they be subject to brokerage fees?

These question are important and the answers should be provided in your listings.  To insert a comma or not is... quite frankly... not that important.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You have 80 keystrokes for your title. Commas are keystrokes and are not usually searched. Don't use them.

Grammar is not important in tites. Spelling is although sometimes adding a common misspelling along with the correct word is useful.

But as pierre says:  wrong question.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the information, I will make sure all is adjusted and post the add to answer all the customers concerns.

Being new to e-bay is hard to get it right the first time. 

Thanks Pierre!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the info, will adjust as required.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply