Can anyone explain why without notice, I would lose a purchase from my purchase list?

Can anyone explain why without notice, I would lose a purchase from my purchase list? I ordered a gift for my parents for Christmas & after 52 days it had still not been delivered . First I have to say that the parcel is coming from China & I live on the west coast of Canada .  There was a news report that a cargo ship had lost a couple of containers to the Pacific Ocean , so I contacted the seller & they heartily agreed to send another .  I have a lot of patience and have worked for Canada Post, so I  know how thing can get lost or destroyed . 

This morning I went to my Ebay site only to find it not there anymore . I searched all the hidden lists, as well as the deleted files ont to find negative results . It has vanished ! !  

this is very frustrating as the seller has been really nice & quick to respond so I  do not want to proceed to the resolution dept. with this as the seller doesn't not ANY negative feedback as the delay has not been her fault. I can't even find an email address to contact Ebay as my COPD the  is really acting up  to day so I don't want to phone them.  

It is a total mystery to me why a listing would just vanish, as in the 10 or 11 years I have been a member / buyer on this site , this has never happened .  Cheers Angela Dodds aka oldbroadangela 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Can anyone explain why without notice, I would lose a purchase from my purchase list?

Thank you for your post, I will see if I can find the invoice number. Cheers Angela😈😉 

Spoiler

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

One thing I forgot.... when you type the item number into the search box and click search it will come up as blank.

You then have to go to SHOW ONLY and the left hand side of the page and click on "Completed Listings" for your item to show up.... 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem with eBay is that eBay remove them after 60 days.  Wish they leave them alone and let us delete them ourselves not eBay.  Funny we can file a claim with PayPal within 180 days so how the heck we can find our purchase transaction # if eBay removed them in 60 days.  Very strange "working" together by eBay and PayPal!!

It used to have a printer icon that we can print our purchase history and I used to print them to keep them in track and check them each time I received them but no eBay removed it!!  Why eBay????!!!!!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I totally agree with you hb. I am having a great deal of trouble with fact that Ebay would delete any listing that has been bought & paid for but not delivered. Anything coming from the far East comes by boat and sometimes there are unforseen circumstances that the seller's have no control over, (like containers falling off a shop in typhoon conditions). I have ordered from this seller on 3 or 4 occasions & the order usually arrives at least a week ahead of latter time listed in the adds. Oh well I got my answer but I don't have to like it. Cheers Angela Dodds aka oldbroadangela 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I'm not sure what the other posters are looking at but eBay does NOT remove your purchase history after 60 days but if it has been longer than that you have to change the view under orders from 60 days to 2016.  You can do the same got 2014 and 2015 purchases.  If it's not in your 2016 history it is possible that eBay removed the listing because there were problems or complaints about the listing.  eBay generally send out a message when they do that although they may have missed sending you one.

I admire your patience but it does seem that often when a purchase from Asia does not arrive, the second item that the seller said they will send doesn't arrive either.  For that reason I think that it is always best to get a refund and then if you still want the item, to reorder it from that or another seller.  If you do it that way the clock for making a claim resets itself.  If you do need to make a claim, you can do so through eBay for up to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date or through PayPal for up to 180 days after purchase.  If you can't find the transaction in eBay, you may have to do it through PP. Regardless of who is at fault here, the seller is responsible for making sure that you receive the item or your money back. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Did you print off a copy of the invoice? It will have the item number on it so you can manually type it into the search box. 

Sold items should remain in your ebay for 60 days... you can also check your feedback page to see if it's still there.  

Since you trust this seller from China you can wait for the replacement. You also have 180 days after the date of sale to file a "item not recieved" claim with PayPal if the replacement doesn't arrive. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for your post, I will see if I can find the invoice number. Cheers Angela😈😉 

Spoiler

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

One thing I forgot.... when you type the item number into the search box and click search it will come up as blank.

You then have to go to SHOW ONLY and the left hand side of the page and click on "Completed Listings" for your item to show up.... 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem with eBay is that eBay remove them after 60 days.  Wish they leave them alone and let us delete them ourselves not eBay.  Funny we can file a claim with PayPal within 180 days so how the heck we can find our purchase transaction # if eBay removed them in 60 days.  Very strange "working" together by eBay and PayPal!!

It used to have a printer icon that we can print our purchase history and I used to print them to keep them in track and check them each time I received them but no eBay removed it!!  Why eBay????!!!!!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I totally agree with you hb. I am having a great deal of trouble with fact that Ebay would delete any listing that has been bought & paid for but not delivered. Anything coming from the far East comes by boat and sometimes there are unforseen circumstances that the seller's have no control over, (like containers falling off a shop in typhoon conditions). I have ordered from this seller on 3 or 4 occasions & the order usually arrives at least a week ahead of latter time listed in the adds. Oh well I got my answer but I don't have to like it. Cheers Angela Dodds aka oldbroadangela 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I'm not sure what the other posters are looking at but eBay does NOT remove your purchase history after 60 days but if it has been longer than that you have to change the view under orders from 60 days to 2016.  You can do the same got 2014 and 2015 purchases.  If it's not in your 2016 history it is possible that eBay removed the listing because there were problems or complaints about the listing.  eBay generally send out a message when they do that although they may have missed sending you one.

I admire your patience but it does seem that often when a purchase from Asia does not arrive, the second item that the seller said they will send doesn't arrive either.  For that reason I think that it is always best to get a refund and then if you still want the item, to reorder it from that or another seller.  If you do it that way the clock for making a claim resets itself.  If you do need to make a claim, you can do so through eBay for up to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date or through PayPal for up to 180 days after purchase.  If you can't find the transaction in eBay, you may have to do it through PP. Regardless of who is at fault here, the seller is responsible for making sure that you receive the item or your money back. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

the parcel is coming from China

No. It was never sent.

contacted the seller & they heartily agreed to send another

No. They won't send that one either.

This is an fairly common scam out of Asia. There never was an item and it never was sent. Sometimes a fake tracking number is attached

File a Dispute immediately.

You don't have to follow the suggestion to contact the seller. You have already done that.

Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If it is too late to file an eBay Dispute, go to your Paypal account and open a Dispute there. You have 180 days from payment for this.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools,.

Same basic procedure.

No proof of delivery, you get a refund.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I am sorry to inform you femmefan, but that is very cynical. Firstly I have been buying from the Asian market for about 15 years without a problem . Secondly the replacement item arrived a few days ago. Third but not least, I t seems to me that I have closed this inquiry a week or so again. Oh by the way, at 70 years of age ,  I don't allow myself to  get caught by scams . Cheers Angela Dodds aka oldbroadangela 😈

Message 9 of 9
latest reply