Global shipping is a rip off. It absolutely disgusts me. Before you implemented your cash grab shipp

Global shipping is a rip off. It absolutely disgusts me. Before you implemented your cash grab shipping was cheaper, faster and I never, not once, had a problem with duty at the border. DISGUSTING
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Global shipping is a rip off. It absolutely disgusts me. Before you implemented your cash grab shipp

onday, Jun 12, 2017 3:44 PMErlanger , KentuckyCustoms Documentation and Labeling
Saturday, Jun 10, 2017 2:51 AMErlanger , KentuckyProcessing at Global Shipping Center
Thursday, Jun 8, 2017 7:20 AMERLANGER , KYArrived at Global Shipping Center
Thursday, Jun 8, 2017 6:41 AMCINCINNATI , OHIn Transit-Departed USPS Facility
Thursday, Jun 8, 2017 6:41 AMCINCINNATI , OHDEPART USPS FACILITY
Thursday, Jun 8, 2017 5:06 AMCINCINNATI , OHDEPART USPS FACILITY
Thursday, Jun 8, 2017 4:55 AMCINCINNATI , OHDEPART USPS FACILITY
Wednesday, Jun 7, 2017 11:31 AMCINCINNATI , OHIn Transit-Arrived at Post Office
Wednesday, Jun 7, 2017 11:31 AMCINCINNATI , OHArrived at Post Office
Wednesday, Jun 7, 2017 11:31 AMCINCINNATI , OHDeparted USPS Destination Facility
Tuesday, Jun 6, 2017 11:12 PMCINCINNATI , OHIn Transit-Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
Tuesday, Jun 6, 2017 11:12 PMCINCINNATI , OHArrived at USPS Destination Facility
Monday, Jun 5, 2017 9:27 PMCITY OF INDUSTRY ,CAIn Transit-Departed USPS Origin Facility
Monday, Jun 5, 2017 9:27 PMCITY OF INDUSTRY ,CADeparted USPS Origin Facility
Monday, Jun 5, 2017 9:26 PMCITY OF INDUSTRY ,CAIn Transit-Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
Monday, Jun 5, 2017 9:26 PMCITY OF INDUSTRY ,CAArrived at USPS Origin Facility
Monday, Jun 5, 2017 8:27 PMCITY OF INDUSTRY ,CAIn Transit-Accepted at USPS Facility
Monday, Jun 5, 2017 8:11 PMPOMONA , CA  
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You are not the only one to dislike the GSP.

There are two threads over 5000 posts long complaining about it.

Most of the complainants do not understand that the GSP has nothing to do with buyers.

It is a Seller Protection Program designed to encourage US (and later UK sellers) to accept international orders.

In the case you cite, I see an shipment that was mailed in California on Monday, June 5.

It arrive late at night in Cincinnati OH on June 6.

Left the USPS offices on June 8 and arrived at the GSP plant the same morning.

Over the weekend it was processed including being assessed for customs (again*)

On Monday (today) that was completed.

It is probably on a truck, packed in bond, and on its way to Canada as we type.

Note that while CBSA and Canada Post informally have decided not to bother assessing low value shipments (under $100 generally) that private couriers like the GSP (and UPS and FedEx) are required to  assess and charge applicable duty and more importantly Sales Tax to the recipient on any shipment valued over $20CDN (~$16USD).

Most charge $25 or more for this 'customs brokerage" . The GSP charges around $5 on average.

Canada Post charges $9.95.

So.

You could have backed out of the deal when you saw how much the GSP was going to cost.

It was your choice to pay anyway.

In my 35 years or more in mail order, it has been my experience that delivery to and from the USA takes around 20 days. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Around 20 days.

Your item has been in transit for  seven days, including the weekend. It will probably arrive by Friday or maybe Monday.

The GSP is a bad Buyer experience on items valued under $100 (or very bulky).

You can avoid GSP listings by Searching using List View instead of Gallery View.

GSP listings are hard to see on mobiles. To avoid GSP listings buy from a laptop or desktop.

And again if the price is too high, don't buy.

*This indicates that your seller may not have made clear what is in your shipment and where it was manufactured. This could cause problems including opening and repacking.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Fortunately American and British sellers who use the Global Shipping Program are easily identified and avoided.

You can start by limiting your search to Canada only at the side.

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 6.59.41 AM.png

Or setting your results to filter this way which exposes the Global Shipping Program details.

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 7.00.40 AM.png

It is also important to remember that even though many parcels sneak through Customs without being assigned duty or sales taxes, the actual de minimus for import by mail is $20 CAD. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply