How to Get eBay to Help it's Members

An eBay member from Quebec, Canada, Has fraudulently linked my account with their account.  I’ve sent a message to this user through eBay’s FIND A MEMBER link and this person has not responded to my email or request to unlink my account with theirs.

Customer Service at eBay will not assist me in unlinking this unauthorized account [they don't believe me that I DO NOT know this person] and I am therefore unable to use my eBay account. 

Any suggestions?

helge22

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I could be way off here but I am guessing that ebay is saying that you can't sell because your account is linked with this other sellers who apparently sold some fake items?

From what I understand they usually get that information if both users use the same computer at any time or the same ip or same address...etc...  If that isn't the case, I'm not sure how they would come to that conclusion.

Since ebay customer service isn't helping, you could try writing to one the ebay Canada reps.

email is raphael@ebay.com

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I find that weird you have been active and selling with you id since 02....Lets see....Quebec that would be Bell...Did you replace your modem recently?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply