How to recover email messages older than 6 months by a couple of days?

Hello,  I was going to send myself some e-gift vouchers purchased on 21-Oct-2016 tonight.  I know I should have done this much sooner, but life gets in the way.  Wife went into hospital mid week and got out today.  I was going to book our trip using e-gift vouchers and I can't access those messages.  Kind of upset when storage is so cheap and eBay's retention policy is 6 months.

Does anyone know if or how I get these messages about 5-6 days older than 6 months?  Vouchers are $4000 in total. 

Cheers

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are referring to Messages in ebay that have aged-out, there is no way to find those again. I asked ebay Canada staff about this. They're gone. I was flagging harassment messages from another member that went back steadily for two years but even those disappeared after a limited amount of time. 

Check your personal computer for copies. 

Or contact the issuer to see if they still have record of it. 

Good luck. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have no idea if it is possible to recover older messages.  I always receive a copy of any message in my email as well...have you checked there?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you are referring to Messages in ebay that have aged-out, there is no way to find those again. I asked ebay Canada staff about this. They're gone. I was flagging harassment messages from another member that went back steadily for two years but even those disappeared after a limited amount of time. 

Check your personal computer for copies. 

Or contact the issuer to see if they still have record of it. 

Good luck. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

EBay's message system is only good for 180 days (6 months) then it's gone from their system. There is an option to save messages to a file and download them to your computer (not a choice for you this time).

Did you keep a copy of the message in your own email program?

Otherwise you are going to need to contact your supplier of the e-gift vouchers for the details.

For eBay Purchase history select the 2016 view.

Paypal classic history: https://history.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history (sign into paypal first before using the URL link) and select the date range to display your purchase info.

-..-

Message 4 of 4
latest reply