I need help identifying 1942 Alberta T.Q.A.M. Badge

I hope someone can help me indentify this badge. I bought it at an auction, where it was sold as an Alberta beverage waiter's badge. If it is, it is unlike any beverage waiter's badge the province ever produced, so it probably isn't.

Google produced many references to Truckers Quality Assurance, but that is a relatively new term that has no M in its reference. The badge is silver-plated or chrome with a safety-pin tyope clasp on the back. About two inches in diameter.

I am at a loss and would appreciate anyone's help.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I came across one of these quite a number of years ago and like you was not sure just what it stood for.   Later that year at an antique show in Edmonton,  I seen another one.   Asked the dealer if he knew what it was?

He told me it stood for     Trade Qualified Auto Mechanic.

I have seen another since then and they were all dated 1942

I did sell it on ebay maybe 7 or 8 years ago.    Has been so long ago could not venture a guess as to what I got for it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I came across one of these quite a number of years ago and like you was not sure just what it stood for.   Later that year at an antique show in Edmonton,  I seen another one.   Asked the dealer if he knew what it was?

I did sell it on ebay maybe 7 or 8 years ago.    Has been so long ago could not venture a guess as to what I got for it.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

A picture of the reverse side -- showing the pin could help identify the date... 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I thought at first that the 1942 was a number similar to a chauffeurs badge but every one I seen had that number,  so presumed it was a date

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sorry I have no idea what it is.  I've  never heard of any type of beverage waiter badge here so it must be old and/or is for something totally different.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@readinglady10 wrote:

I think you are right - i have 5 of them and they are all dated 1942. Maybe that was the only year they were issued. Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I see you are from Manitoba.   The dealer that game me the info was from Churchbridge,  Saskatchewan.     With him being close to the Manitoba border,   chances are that this is from the Winnipeg area.   More than likely some tech school ??

Message 7 of 7
latest reply