I recently opened a eBay dispute, because I received an item that was damaged, seller would not prov

Opened a Ebay dispute, contacted seller, seller said he would not provide a refund even though the item I bought from him arrived damaged, he said it was the postal service fault not his because it wasn't damaged when he shipped it.

When I opened the Ebay dispute I got an automated message saying they would reply to me in 48 hours, its been 120 hours now and I haven't even heard from them, I think ebay has very poor customer service, and make it difficult for you to contact them.

I was reading different blogs on the net and many people were saying that it's better to open a dispute though pay pal, as they will help you much quicker. I would certainly appreciate and feedback anyone could give me that has been through this...first time for me.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I recently opened a eBay dispute, because I received an item that was damaged, seller would not prov

Well, you can't do both. Go back to the Resolution Centre and escalate it to a Claim. Don't delay, there are deadlines involved.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When you first open the claim on ebay the seller has 3 days to reply to the claim and if they don't reply or you can't agree to a resolution, you can ask ebay 'to step in' and then they will make a decision on the case. But until you ask them to step in, they don't usually get involved so its odd that they said they would get back to you within 48 hours.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's been my understanding that while US members have their disputes handled by eBay, international members (including Canadians) are handled by Paypal.

And that when the member opens a dispute in the eBay Resolution Centre, it is automatically shuffled to the correct entity.

Am I wrong again?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

That changed recently. We now have the same money back guarantee (MBG) program that ebay.com has so a buyer here can now file a claim on either ebay or paypal. If they open a not as described claim on ebay, the seller has to pay for return shipping. I'm not sure exactly how that works yet, especially for international buyers & sellers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Well, you can't do both. Go back to the Resolution Centre and escalate it to a Claim. Don't delay, there are deadlines involved.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When you first open the claim on ebay the seller has 3 days to reply to the claim and if they don't reply or you can't agree to a resolution, you can ask ebay 'to step in' and then they will make a decision on the case. But until you ask them to step in, they don't usually get involved so its odd that they said they would get back to you within 48 hours.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's been my understanding that while US members have their disputes handled by eBay, international members (including Canadians) are handled by Paypal.

And that when the member opens a dispute in the eBay Resolution Centre, it is automatically shuffled to the correct entity.

Am I wrong again?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

That changed recently. We now have the same money back guarantee (MBG) program that ebay.com has so a buyer here can now file a claim on either ebay or paypal. If they open a not as described claim on ebay, the seller has to pay for return shipping. I'm not sure exactly how that works yet, especially for international buyers & sellers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply