Seller has not shipped and it's been two weeks.

Hello,

On July 11, I won an auction for season 1-3 of a popular series.
It is now July25 and the items have not been shipped, or if they have I did not receive any notification.
The seller does not reply to messages.
I suspect that the winning bid was too low for her liking so she is waiting for me to open a case and will then refund my money.
Is there anything I can do?

The estimated delivery time is july28- August 10.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@granniewolf wrote:

I see, so there must be something like so many strikes and you're out?

Yes, both for buyers and sellers ebay will only allow x number of transgressions. 

Maybe your seller is experiencing some difficult times. I agree it is worrisome that they haven't responded to communication but Pierre may be right and everything will work out in the end. I certainly hope so. It's not good for anyone when things go badly on ebay.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You will have to wait until the delivery estimate has passed to open your Item Not Received case.

What was the seller's handling time on this? It will say on the listing. Maybe your seller is on holidays or vacation. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

He can cancel the purchase and refund your money at any time.

And buyers can do the same.

He may have shipped, but unless he used a Paypal shipping label, you would not be notified. And not every seller is consciencious about manually marking items shipped on the eBay Sold page.

What are the estimated arrival dates? Personally, I allow 20 days for arrival from North America and 20 for Asia. Usually I am pleasantly surprised.

The big concern is the lack of communication when you ask a direct question.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I didn't realize buyer or seller can cancel a sale after an auction. I thought it was binding to both parties unless both parties agreed to void the sale.

If this is the case what happens if a buyer wants to cancel after an item has been shipped?

Also I don't think it is very good policy if a seller can cancel a sale weeks after it has been completed, would make the whole ebay buying or selling experience very unsettling.

I gave the estimated dates in my original enquiry, July 28-August 10, which is a very long period considering the item only has to travel from Ontario to New Brunswick .

Am fairly sure the items were purchased after the Canada Post lockout had been put on hold indefinitely.

Thanks for your input.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Orders cannot be cancelled after they ship. They can, however be returned most of the time. That's for the buyer. Sellers can cancel purchases but not without behind-the-scenes penalty from eBay. Your recourse as a buyer is to leave calm and factual feedback.

What handling time did the seller give in the listing?
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Will usually ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment .

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Well, that's long been exceeded.

And it's not marked as shipped anywhere in your Purchase History? Nor do you have a tracking number. Nor have they replied to your messages.

PayPal will sometimes allow you to open an Item Not Received case before eBay will. Maybe try that.

You have every right to be frustrated with your seller. But eBay cannot compel someone to ship when they have not, other than through its internal punishments. Much like a seller cannot force a buyer to pay for their purchased item(s) after they've been bought but left unpaid. My most recent three sales have been to buyers who decided not to pay. Totaling $300+. Also frustrating.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I would rather have the items than open a case.

The thing is I don't mind waiting, it's the not knowing that is the problem.

So guess I will wait out the time period.

Thanks for your help and I do sympathize with you over your lost sales.

Btw, if there are behind the sales punishments for sellers, doesn't the same apply to buyers?

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Unpaid Item Strikes apply to buyers.

Internal Defects apply to sellers.

Both measures are invisible to everyone but eBay.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

" the items have not been shipped, or if they have I did not receive any notification. The seller does not reply to messages."

I am an optimist by nature.  It is possible the seller has shipped but forgot to adjust the eBay system accordingly so it can let you know.  He may now be on vacation (or away from home on emergency) and cannot reply to email messages.

Did you check the recent feedback for indication of problems with other buyers?  Did you check if he still has many items listed for sale on eBay?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

The seller still has some items for sale.

The last feedback comment was pretty much same as what is happening with me.

I have dealt with this seller in the past and had excellent service.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@granniewolf wrote:

Yes, both for buyers and sellers ebay will only allow x number of transgressions. 

Maybe your seller is experiencing some difficult times. I agree it is worrisome that they haven't responded to communication but Pierre may be right and everything will work out in the end. I certainly hope so. It's not good for anyone when things go badly on ebay.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Yep, I hope so too.

Thanks again.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Just to finish off.

The seller never did respond to email and I have just been given a full refund by ebay.

There are now more than half a dozen negative feedbacks for this seller for past month. I guess they just had enough and closed up shop. 

This was a bad experience but the fact that it happened twice at same time with different sellers has been very disappointing.

I do not want to get negative marks or whatever due to opening cases for non delivered items.

It seems strange that both sellers had excellent feedback until the threat of Canada Post lockout was looming.

I do wonder it it was related.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Thank you for coming back to the thread and providing an update. It's good to have closure.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

It would be better to know what happened.

As of today both sellers are no longer registered users.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply