Seller will not fix OR return my broken Jynxbox Ultra Satellite receiver.

placca6
Community Member

I inquired about their ad on Ebay.ca & mailed it to them in September. The salesman- Jeff- claimed he could fix it for less than $70. After it apparently arrived, He claimed he had to order parts in China. After apparently receiving the parts, he failed to fix it & though he messaged that he would return it, he hasn't. I have waited since September & messaged him here many times over many months. He has refused to reply to my messages in the past month.

I would like to contact Ebay about this but don't know how to. At least he should be cautioned about false advertising. It also seems fair that he should mail it or the still valuable part of it - the hd module- back to me. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I doubt you'll get much help from eBay or Paypal first because they would not be any more responsible for their advertisers than Wired would be if you bought a Lexus because of an ad and it turned out to be a lemon, and second because their Buyer Protection is limited to somewhere between 45 days and 120 days depending, and to transactions from their site.

If you have paid any thing to the repairman, try going to the credit card you really paid with (PP is just a mediator) and asking them about a chargeback. You will certainly need to show that you shipped the item to the repairshop, and they will also need some information about dates, currency, payment amounts etc, to process a refund. The chargeback may galvanize them to ship your item back.

It sounds as if the ship in in North America. Find out if there is a Better Business Bureau in their community (or a nearby city) and email a complaint. The BBB is not a judicial or governmental body, it is a franchised business best described as  a public relations outfit for small local businesses, but it does have some clout. Again the BBB will need specific information.

And if none of those help, contact the shop's local police Fraud Division, and ask if they can help.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks. He claimed the unit is not repairable & so from his standpoint, mailing it back seems pointless- but I don't really know for sure if indeed it's not repairable. He has, meanwhile, implied that he would mail the hd module back- if he does then I'll be satisfied. Anyway, the options you suggest are good ones & I will consider them,  -Greg

Message 3 of 3
latest reply