Shipping cost

djc9314
Community Member

FREE shipping. I bid on an item #121138342306. I had item on my watch list as free shipping. Now seller wants $49.99 for shipping from NY. this is very unfair. Is there a direct number to speak to someone at Ebay? Please let me know

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping cost

marnotom!
Community Member

I see $49.99 as the shipping price to Canada on the listing page and free shipping for the United States.  Perhaps you had the United States set as the shipping destination when you viewed the item.

Having said that, fifty U.S. bucks is an awful lot for a Priority small flat rate box which would cost the seller $23.95 from the post office.  You might want to ask the seller why they've doubled the USPS rate with their handling charge, although questions like that are generally better asked before you bid on the item.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping cost

Attention!

Chinese seller  is engaged in fraud. It website is a mirage, Items will not send

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping cost

2013stick49

About the Chinese seller.

You should start your own thread since this one has nothing to do with your problem.

That being said, you have remedies.

First, contact the seller and ask for the date and type of shipping. Ask for the Delivery Confirmation number ,which he probably won't have, but if he does, you can see online whether the item was shipped

Second, do not allow the seller to put you off. This includes 'wait another XX days" and "we have sent a replacement" . You want money back not more delays.

You have up to 45days since the end of the auction to start an Item Not Received dispute. Go to the Site Map (bottom of this page) . Look in the right hand column,near the bottom. Click and proceed.

If the seller does not refund promptly, in 48 hours or so, Paypal will refund you and go after the seller.

If more than 45 days have passed, go to the customer service number on the credit card you back your PP account with. Have all your dates, transaction numbers, and values handy for the clerk to start a chargeback.

You also have 60 days to leave feedback. More importantly, you can leave Detailed Seller Ratings. The normal rating in Five. The lowest Rating is ONE. (No rating is a free pass). If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3 his ability to list and sell on eBay is highly restricted.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping cost

Had you checked out the feedback for the Chinese seller, you would have known he was trouble before you bought.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 5 of 5
latest reply