Submit documents by fax MC011 Your eBay selling account has been restricted

MC011 Your eBay selling account has been restricted

Hello sohaikhokha4,

A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

To appeal this restriction, you will need to:
- Submit all of the following information by fax (fax number below):
  -- A readable copy of your driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.
  -- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible, and consistent with the information registered to your eBay account.
  -- Documentation (including manufacturer's invoices or receipts) that shows that you purchased the item (s) recently listed for sale on eBay.  

-- Important --
  -- Make sure that your name and user ID appear on each document that you submit. If this information is not included, it cannot be processed. Also, please be sure your submitted documents are current, valid, and legible.

Fax all documents to:
eBay
Attention: SRM Appeals
Fax number: (801) 880-7018 

Once these requirements have been met, please reply to this email and we will begin the appeal process. Also, please be aware that we may ask you to provide additional information to appeal this restriction.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Hum... this sounds fishy... eBay rarely asks to reply to emails. Did you get this in your email only or in eBay messages too?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I'd send this to spoof@ebay.com and call EBay Customer Service instead. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

A google of the phone number shows it associated with this type of letter from eBay SRM Appeals since at least 2005. Phone number based in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Most of the hits are people asking what's going on, insufficient data to say scam or not.

But does appear to mostly target eBay sellers of high fraud products listing in new condition at low prices.

I'd contact ebay (via Help & Contact link) first by phone to see if it's a legit eBay department. Or you could ask in this week's Chat session http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

-..-

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

What is SRM an acronym for?
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

A google search for SRM Appeals gets lots of hits and discussions but no explanation of what the initials stand for.

I am going to assume SR stands for Seller Restriction but that is just a guess.

The fact that you are located in Pakistan , registered on the USA site and list your item locations as Canada may have aroused eBay's suspicions.

I would ask on the weekly Wednesday chat session if this is a legitimate eBay telephone number or not.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/August-9-2017-Weekly-Session/td-p/381179

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I see almost everything I posted had been posted already.

I render most humble apologizes   Man Indifferent

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Is it possible the OP has been flagged due to suspicions about Item Location? Or is it due to being new?
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement,

SCAM!!

Are you able to list?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

You are listing the item's location as Canada but in the description you say that you "ship items mostly from our manufacturing unit in Pakistan". The listing has to state the item's location.

Do you have permission from the different sports federations to manufacture and sell replica belts and to use their logo? If not, you are not allowed to sell the belts in most countries.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Thanks
sorry for late replying, i was busy in my studies and didn't able to come online.

yeah i got this message on both email id and ebay inbox.
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

how can i do this ?

Thanks for reply
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

what to do with this ?
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

yeah i think you are right, ebay is not available in Pakistan, so i got this account from my friend based in Canada.
any solution for this ?
Thanks
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

no problem my friend.

Thanks 🙂
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

no idea my friend ... still looking for help to resolve it.

Thanks
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

its too risky to submit, credit card statement, bank statement.

no i can't able to list any thing.
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

i think you are right, actually i got this account from my friend in Canada, and i'm located in Pakistan.
so i want to inform my client's that they will got the product from Pakistan not from canada.
yeah we have permission from sports federations.
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Accounts are user-specific. I don't think they can be shared between parties, so eBay thinks the account has been hacked. You'd best call Customer Service.
Message 19 of 19
latest reply