Why do sellers ask for a 5 star feedback even before item is received.

This is how sellers get 100% rating as people give them a 5 star rating even before receiving the item. I will never leave a 5 star rating until I receive the item. This seller then will block you from bidding because you did not give them a 5 star rating.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That is actually unethical & not allowed on eBay. That is a type of blackmail. I would report the seller. Also I would not buy from him & look for another seller. I never leave feedback till I receive my item & am happy with it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's likely an automatic email, or even an attachment to your invoice/packing slip.

Since Detailed Seller Ratings and feedback are no longer part of a Seller's account rating, the note is just a leftover from the days when feedback was important.

There are lots of problems in the world. This is slightly lower than a mosquito bite.

This seller then will block you from bidding because you did not give them a 5 star rating.

Well, you lucked out there. A seller who is spending the time to work out who is not leaving unimportant ratings is not concentrating on his real business. Not someone you want to give your money to.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply