YOUR photos (of your items) used without permission? How did you handle it?

Has anyone had another seller use your photos without permission? How did you handle it?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It happens a lot.

Your first step should be a polite note to the seller telling him that your photos are copyright and that you do not give anyone permission to use them.

You can also Report the seller to eBay, for what little it's worth, on general principles.

You can add a watermark to your pictures. Your own eBay ID or your own website are common choices.

If you use a third party host for your photos, you can change those particular pictures for something more amusing.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It happens a lot.

Your first step should be a polite note to the seller telling him that your photos are copyright and that you do not give anyone permission to use them.

You can also Report the seller to eBay, for what little it's worth, on general principles.

You can add a watermark to your pictures. Your own eBay ID or your own website are common choices.

If you use a third party host for your photos, you can change those particular pictures for something more amusing.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Those are nice photos, btw.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you friends.

I did ask that he/she not use my photos as I take great care in taking and editing them but the big thing is - permission was not requested.

He did pull them and used his/her own. I felt kinda bad as they were so poor and it was an item he bought from me that he ended up not wanting because it wasn't a suitable clarinet for him.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It is acceptable to use another seller's photos with permission, of course.

Too bad he didn't ask, you might have said yes. Or not. Your choice.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply