how do I log out?. Nothing beside my name where it says "HI ****'

moeshs95
Community Member
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A little bit of trivia on current eBay glitches. I wonder if the OP is seeing this particular glitch I know of. If so, they are not imagining what they saw.

If you are on a My eBay page like Active Selling, Sold Listings, etcetera, scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the bottom left. There is a Hi **** with your first name similar to the one at the top of every page. A "ghost" of the top line on a page. You do not get the dropdown box with logoff on this "ghost" of the top of page line.

I noticed this bug weeks ago and reported to Raphael at eBay.ca Canada by email. He can't see it when he checks. It only happens on eBay.ca My eBay pages and not Selling Manager pages. It happens on eBay.com.au Australia. It does not happen on eBay.com USA nor on eBay.co.uk United Kingdom nor on cafr.eBay.ca Canada French site. (It was happening on the eBay.fr France site weeks ago and not today as I just checked.)

I checked in FireFox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Google Chrome browsers and it is present in each browser. I also saw in on an iPad using Safari browser (not the app).

I had this checked by a USA friend who logged into eBay.ca and saw the same glitch. So I do not think it is just me. I tried it on a few computers now and still see this glitch.

How many of our forum readers see this glitch? Check if it there and post your eBay.site and browser used to check. I am curious as to who sees this glitch. Perhaps I will send Raphael a link to this forum so he has proof of this glitch's existence by more than just me.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

mcrlmn
Community Member

Place your mouse pointer over "HI ****', then wait a second for the drop down menu.

'Sign out' is at the bottom. .. Right-click on it.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Oh come on....

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

A little bit of trivia on current eBay glitches. I wonder if the OP is seeing this particular glitch I know of. If so, they are not imagining what they saw.

If you are on a My eBay page like Active Selling, Sold Listings, etcetera, scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the bottom left. There is a Hi **** with your first name similar to the one at the top of every page. A "ghost" of the top line on a page. You do not get the dropdown box with logoff on this "ghost" of the top of page line.

I noticed this bug weeks ago and reported to Raphael at eBay.ca Canada by email. He can't see it when he checks. It only happens on eBay.ca My eBay pages and not Selling Manager pages. It happens on eBay.com.au Australia. It does not happen on eBay.com USA nor on eBay.co.uk United Kingdom nor on cafr.eBay.ca Canada French site. (It was happening on the eBay.fr France site weeks ago and not today as I just checked.)

I checked in FireFox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Google Chrome browsers and it is present in each browser. I also saw in on an iPad using Safari browser (not the app).

I had this checked by a USA friend who logged into eBay.ca and saw the same glitch. So I do not think it is just me. I tried it on a few computers now and still see this glitch.

How many of our forum readers see this glitch? Check if it there and post your eBay.site and browser used to check. I am curious as to who sees this glitch. Perhaps I will send Raphael a link to this forum so he has proof of this glitch's existence by more than just me.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

On Firefox, everything looks normal for me. It is the same on the my ebay page as it is on selling manager.

On the IE main ebay page, the Hi Pam is at the top with the arrow but on the my ebay pages, I see the Hi Pam at the bottom and no link to sign out etc.

As you said, .com is as usual with my name at the top.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

thank you very much!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply