i purchased an item and i didn't received it.

i have purchased an item and i did not received it. Its over one month now and i tried to contact the seller, he is not responding to my any of email and i want my money back. eBay can not allow unregistered sellers to sell the stuff. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have 45 days from the date of payment to open an Item Not Received case. Don't waste another second on the seller. Go to Purchase History and the drop-down menu of More Actions and Resolve a Problem. Open that case with ebay and/or paypal. And good luck. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You have 45 days from the date of payment to open an Item Not Received case. Don't waste another second on the seller. Go to Purchase History and the drop-down menu of More Actions and Resolve a Problem. Open that case with ebay and/or paypal. And good luck. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

thanks for your suggestion. as i already opened the case under paypal account but they say, they are still waiting for seller response.

i don't wanna sit only on there action. so that is why i was finding out other ways to handle this problem.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You're welcome. I'm sorry to hear that your purchase didn't work as it should have.

Paypal is your only recourse unless you paid by credit card in which case you can talk to them but you're not allowed to file two separate disputes on the same item at the same time. That being said, as the buyer, paypal isn't likely to let you down provided the Item Not Received dispute is fairly straightforward. As in you bought it, and tracking (if there is any) shows the item never made it to you. If there are mitigating factors at play, you'll have to lobby on your own behalf by following up with phone calls. I once had to file a police report and then send it to paypal within an exceptionally short timeframe to prove I was serious about my item not being received but that was an unusual case. Most times, it does not go that far. 

If the seller is missing in action and doesn't respond to paypal queries at all, that itself will tell them what they need to know and you'll be covered. All the same, mark some reminders on the calendar about when you might need to follow-up with paypal if you haven't yet heard anything. 

When it is all said and done, leave polite and factual text in the feedback for the seller indicating the experience you have had. You have 60 days (when I last checked) from purchase date to do that. If you're really steamed, check ahead to see what is allowed for feedback so that you don't accidentally say something that ebay has to remove or your feedback experience will be moot as an indicator for other buyers. 

Buying and selling on ebay is mostly a pleasant, satisfying experience. There are always a few negative types within any community that make it less so but if you check a seller's feedback before making a purchase, you can often weed them out. That being said, stuff happens. Sellers might go on holiday and forget to set their Vacation settings or accidents might befall them. People get sick et cetera. My best advice is (a) check feedback (b) beware of too-good-to-be-true deals and (c) consider the hassle of trying to make a return if something doesn't work out. 

Again, best of luck to you. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

the problem is solved friends. thanks a ton. got money back by paypal.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I also got an item not received. I paid CDN3200for a camera by eBay aution. I never have any news from the seller. She never reply any email or provided any tracking number. I found out the seller put the same item and ad on kijiji for sell at the same day the auction ended. I sent the link to eBay's but still didn't get any respond. I opened a request last week for information of this non delevery item. Ebay's said waiting till 28th. But , I would like to know why eBay's don't take further action because this seller put the sold and paid item on kijiji for sell again. I am afraid this seller doesn't have the merchandise .
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

" I paid CDN3200 for a camera"

When exactly did you buy (date, time) this item and when did you pay (date, time)?

Was the payment made through PayPal?  Using a credit card or funds from the account or from your bank?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You're thinking too much.

Act.

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

Open an Item Not Received dispute. You have already tried to contact the seller, who is not responding, so go on to the next step.

If the seller cannot prove the delivery with Signature of the camera, you will be refunded.

If the seller does not refund, Paypal/eBay will and go after the seller for their money. There will be other fall out for the seller.

If more than 45 days have passed, forget PP and eBay and go to the credit card you really paid with. PP is just a mediator. Phone the 1-800 number on the card and ask the clerk about a chargeback.  Have all your transaction information handy for her: dates, currency, payment amounts, PP & eBay transaction numbers etc.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply