my tracking for GSP hasn't updated since delivery to kentucky

It's been almost 5 days and ebay hasn't updated tracking, im really worried as this is my first international purchase and feel something wrong,  please help. Its stuck on: Delivered: 2:25am to erlanger, ky.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Don't panic.

You know that it arrived in Erlanger.

There (probably later than morning, I'm kinda amazed that they got a delivery at 2 am) it was processed and put on a truck with thousands of other parcels, and sent on its way to Canada.

The USPS tracking number ends at Erlanger. Pitney Bowes/GSP has their own internal system and eventually will get around to posting it publicly.

This is unimportant.

The purpose of tracking is Seller Protection.

If a seller is faced with a fake dispute for non-delivery, she can use the tracking to prove that the buyer is mistaken/lying.

It has no other purpose.

Oh okay, it gives the buyer the warm fuzzies to think he has paid extra for something of little or no use to him, except emotionally.

If you are not home when the parcel is delivered, the postie will leave a card telling you that he tried and where and when you can pick it up. Usually at the local postal outlet the next day.

Bring government photo ID like a driver's license.

If the item does not arrive after 20 days from purchase, go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the GSP cannot then show that the item has in fact been delivered, you get your entire original payment back.

This has no effect on your seller, whose responsibility for delivery ended at Erlanger.

If the purchase arrives after the refund you do have a problem. Can your ethically keep an item you did not pay for.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Don't panic.

You know that it arrived in Erlanger.

There (probably later than morning, I'm kinda amazed that they got a delivery at 2 am) it was processed and put on a truck with thousands of other parcels, and sent on its way to Canada.

The USPS tracking number ends at Erlanger. Pitney Bowes/GSP has their own internal system and eventually will get around to posting it publicly.

This is unimportant.

The purpose of tracking is Seller Protection.

If a seller is faced with a fake dispute for non-delivery, she can use the tracking to prove that the buyer is mistaken/lying.

It has no other purpose.

Oh okay, it gives the buyer the warm fuzzies to think he has paid extra for something of little or no use to him, except emotionally.

If you are not home when the parcel is delivered, the postie will leave a card telling you that he tried and where and when you can pick it up. Usually at the local postal outlet the next day.

Bring government photo ID like a driver's license.

If the item does not arrive after 20 days from purchase, go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the GSP cannot then show that the item has in fact been delivered, you get your entire original payment back.

This has no effect on your seller, whose responsibility for delivery ended at Erlanger.

If the purchase arrives after the refund you do have a problem. Can your ethically keep an item you did not pay for.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply