new ebayer trying to find the right shipping cost

I am new ebayer from canada having trouble finding cheap shipping rates for an item which is 5 inch x 8 inch x 0.8 inch weighing 130grams. Tried a lot on canada post website but cannot find a way to ship that in less than $8-9 within canada. but I see some sellers shipping similar items for about $3-4.

any tip or help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

"x 0.8 inch"

That is the problem.

Try measuring in metric (Canada is metric!).

If 20mm or less, it can be sent domestically as lettermail for $2.95 anywhere in Canada.

If more than 20mm, then it must go as parcel with a cost from $8 to $15 depending on point of origin and drestination..

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You cannot print postage for letter mail through paypal.  You can simply buy the stamps in advance at any canada post location and pick up the shipping rate pamphlet.  The rates are as follow:

up to 100 grams $1.80

100-200 grams $2.95

200-300 grams $4.10

300-400 grams $4.70

These are the rates for over sized letter mail. 

You can either take it to the post office and have them add the postage for you or buy stamps in advance and put them on yourself.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

"x 0.8 inch"

That is the problem.

Try measuring in metric (Canada is metric!).

If 20mm or less, it can be sent domestically as lettermail for $2.95 anywhere in Canada.

If more than 20mm, then it must go as parcel with a cost from $8 to $15 depending on point of origin and drestination..

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

thanks, that was clear and pin point help..

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

that problem seemed to be solved, but not yet. I mentioned "Canada Post Lettermail" as shipping option with my item. Now I cannot print label for that. If I try to print label it has three options, least expensive one is about $8. and there is not option for "Lettermail".

How do I ship this item with "Lettermail" ? How should I print label. It looks I am lost now. Should I just write address and fix stamps for lettermail ? Please help.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You cannot print postage for letter mail through paypal.  You can simply buy the stamps in advance at any canada post location and pick up the shipping rate pamphlet.  The rates are as follow:

up to 100 grams $1.80

100-200 grams $2.95

200-300 grams $4.10

300-400 grams $4.70

These are the rates for over sized letter mail. 

You can either take it to the post office and have them add the postage for you or buy stamps in advance and put them on yourself.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

thanks for quick response , that is exactly what I thought, but wanted to confirm. since I cannot print labels from ebay. so I think I will print buyer's address and tape it as label as there won't be a barcode to scan and not tracking number either. So I will mark it as "shipped" and then inform buyer that item has been shipped.

Am I right in all that ? If you have any trick to print label in this case, please share. thanks again for these rated.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You are welcome. 

You are right about the above.  Simply print the address and tape it to the envelope.  There is no tracking, most of the time, there are no issues with Canada Post. 

I use this method for few of my items, I must say that out of over 5000 that I shipped with letter mail, I have only had issues with about 10, so that is a small price to pay considering the price difference between trackable parcels and this method.  This could increase your sales on low priced items.

Good luck

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

thanks again buddy, it was not only informative but also helped me gain confidence, as being a new seller I always have doubts about whatever I am doing, if that it right or not. so thanks for sharing your views and experience with lettermail.
take care
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I am sending u a private message, don't want to discuss here. thanks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply