no I didn't get the answer

no I didn't get the answer and someone tried to put a payment through and wouldn't identify who they were or what they payment was for but it almost matched the figure of the item I wanted and when I asked them to identify themselves they wouldn't

I believe it is a conspiracy

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Perhaps it was a spoof email, see the ebay help pages for how to deal with these types of emails:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/questions/report-spoof-email.html

How do I report spoof (fake) email?

Spoof emails are fake emails that appear to be sent by well-known companies, such as eBay. The people who send these fake emails hope that you’ll reply or click on a link in the email and provide personal information such as passwords, social security numbers, or credit card numbers.

If you have any doubt about whether an email is really from eBay, report it to us and we’ll investigate the issue.

To report suspicious email:
  1. Don’t click any links in the email.

2. Forward the message to us at spoof@ebay.com.

3. We’ll notify you that we’ve received the spoof email.

If you receive suspicious email that appears to come from PayPal, forward it to spoof@paypal.com.

Tips for reporting spoof email:
  • Don’t alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.

Contact Customer Support
To report a fake email, forward it to spoof@ebay.com.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

And also see this ebay page:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/questions/email-from-ebay.html

How do I know if an email is really from eBay?

If you receive an email that appears to be from eBay that requests personal information, be cautious. The email might be a "spoof" or "phishing" email. The people who send these fake emails hope that you’ll reply or click on a link in the email and provide personal information such as passwords, social security numbers, or credit card numbers.

• We’ll never ask you to provide account numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information through email.

• Any email from us will also appear in the Messages area of My eBay when you sign into your eBay account.

If you receive a suspicious email:
  1. Don’t click any links in the email.

2. Go to www.ebay.ca and sign into your account.

3. Check your eBay messages. Click My eBay at the top of the page and select the Messages tab. If the email is really from us, it will appear in your list of messages.

4. If the email isn’t from eBay, notify us by forwarding the email to spoof@ebay.com

If you suspect that you might have already provided information through a fake email or website, take steps to secure your eBay account and protect yourself against identity theft.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What are you selling? I don't see anything attached to your ID. Was this supposed payment for an item sold and purchased by someone or was it supposed to be a refund for a transaction gone badly? 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What???  Could you be more specific?

no I didn't get the answer and someone tried to put a payment through and wouldn't identify who they were or what they payment was for but it almost matched the figure of the item I wanted and when I asked them to identify themselves they wouldn't

I believe it is a conspiracy

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Are you the buyer or the seller?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply