responsibility to the customer

ca.ly18
Community Member

is it true if the seller uses the global shipping, and the item goes missing , the seller  is not responsible for it.  "out of his hands"?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Keep in mind that if the seller got it to the GSP plant safely, she did her job.

It is not her fault if the GSP messed up after that.

However.

How long has your item been missing?

I normally allow a good 20 days for delivery from anywhere in North America, GSP or no.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thanks for this , and thanks to everyone, i always allow 30 business days to recieve and sometimes a little more.  I am continuing to moniter this item. Seem to be having alot of issues with delivery lately, whether our CANADA POST strike threat has something to do with that i am not sure.....you have been very helpful

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yes and no. If it was the Global Shipping Program that was responsible for the leg of the journey on which it went missing, the seller cannot be held accountable. That means you, as a buyer, still open your Item Not Received case noting it was shipped through the Global Shipping Program. And you are refunded. 

But your seller should have explained that to you.

Go to the Resolution Centre and open your INR (Item Not Received) case.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Keep in mind that if the seller got it to the GSP plant safely, she did her job.

It is not her fault if the GSP messed up after that.

However.

How long has your item been missing?

I normally allow a good 20 days for delivery from anywhere in North America, GSP or no.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Femmefan raises a good point. Don't be shocked if you get a tracking number that shows your order has ben delivered to a place in Kentucky. It will be routed form there to you. That's how the Global Shipping Program works, everything goes to a central hub for processing and then to you at which point in time you may or may not easily find tracking for the second leg of the journey. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thanks for this , and thanks to everyone, i always allow 30 business days to recieve and sometimes a little more.  I am continuing to moniter this item. Seem to be having alot of issues with delivery lately, whether our CANADA POST strike threat has something to do with that i am not sure.....you have been very helpful
Message 5 of 5
latest reply