why am I all of a sudden getting pop ups all over ebay pages?

4u2nvhd
Community Member

Yesterday for some reason I have all of a sudden started getting pop ups all over ebay! especially on my home page, this is very distracting not to mention annoying and unwanted. It's like there are links on every second word on the page. How do I stop this?. Or is it that time to move on to a different online buying community? Thx for your time!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I do not notice anything wrong when I go to my Ebay or the Ebay home page. It is possible your are receiving pop ups because your computer is infected. Try clearing your cache or running a ad removing program. Try Spybot free version or Ad-aware, they both work well for me in the past.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

No its not my computer, its brand new,how ever I do believe it may have been in the settings or a link from something on ebay! Ièm not sure exactly but after logging out of ebay for a couple days it has not happened again! As far as contacting ebay for various issues I feel like its an impossible task!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It is most likely a virus or malware on your computer that only comes up using eBay.

Do a Google search on eBay popup virus and read the number of different people caught up with this type of issue.

New computer. Did you get a virus protection with Internet security?

eBay does not have popups like you say.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Here is one such example of malware for eBay that I found using Google search:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Cafe/How-do-I-stop-Price-Peep-popup/td-p/2913759

Message 5 of 5
latest reply