September 17 2014 Weekly Board Hour

Hello Canadian eBayers!

Welcome to our weekly chat. We will join you here at 1 PM Eastern. We are a little short staffed today but we will do our best to answer your questions.

See you then!

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

The shopping cart is not available on ebay.ca to ebay.com buyers.

When will the "Add to cart" button be added on ebay.ca so that ebay.com buyers can purchase multiple items?

If someone wants to purchase multiple items on ebay.com they do not have the "Add to cart" option, they have to purchase each item separately.

Thanks

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Following up on Global TRS not showing up on eBay Australia:

In the August 27, Weekly session,

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

posts 9, 12, 14

are about this issue. Raphael said he would look into this.

Do you have any more info on this?

If I log into the eBay Australia site, it shows that I am a TRS on my feedback page but no TRS logo appears. If I view listings while logged into eBay Australia, no TRS appears on the listings.

If I check my Seller Dashboard on eBay Australia, I am TRS Global. I see no separate group TRS for Australia like USA or UK group or Germany group.

Is eBay Australia no longer part of the TRS Global list of countries? If it is still part of the Global TRS group, then I should show as TRS on listings and feedback and anywhere else I show Global TRS on other eBay sites.

On another note, If I search for my some of my listings on other eBay sites where I am Global TRS, I get good search placement and can find my listings under the International sellers section of search results. But on eBay Australia, I am not shown in International Sellers when using the same search parameters that I use on other sites. Some eBay sites I place 1,2,3 with general keywords for some items but nothing on eBay Australia.

Something has happened to eBay Australia visibility.  Loss of Global TRS have something to do with this?

I regularly check my listings on other sites every few months and eBay Australia has changed.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

There seems to be a lot of confusion over the newly revised GSP and what happens when items are received damaged or don't arrive at all.

Quoted from a post on the US boards:

Subtle shift in risk of loss/damage for the buyer:

As between your Buyer and Pitney Bowes, risk of loss or damage to a GSP Item shall transfer to your Buyer from Pitney Bowes and/or its third party parcel processing service providers when the GSP Item leaves the U.S. Shipping Center. - See more at: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/advanced-shipping/Global-Shipping-Program/GSPUAFA...

No one seems to know what this means and, true to form, the GSP "terms and conditions" are clear as mud. Does the seller take the loss? That would be unacceptable. Does the buyer take the loss? That would be equally unacceptable. Does eBay take the loss? PB? And what happens to the buyer's GSP payment?

Also from the same post:

Buyer can no longer request invoice

The Request total from the seller link is not available for Global Shipping Program purchases. You will see the total, including shipping, when you purchase the item.

Is there any truth to this? If so, why? A lot of buyers hate the GSP and refuse to purchase from sellers using it. And now even more sellers are being opted into the program by stealh, not to mention that implementation is also starting in the UK. Why push so hard when the program is so unpopular with the international buyers eBay seems to be courting assiduously by having reluctant sellers offering their items internationally? Are we going to see any buyer-friendly changes to this program?

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

posts 9, 12, 14

If I log into the eBay Australia site, it shows that I am a TRS on my feedback page but no TRS logo appears. If I view listings while logged into eBay Australia, no TRS appears on the listings.

If I check my Seller Dashboard on eBay Australia, I am TRS Global. I see no separate group TRS for Australia like USA or UK group or Germany group.

Is eBay Australia no longer part of the TRS Global list of countries? If it is still part of the Global TRS group, then I should show as TRS on listings and feedback and anywhere else I show Global TRS on other eBay sites.

On another note, If I search for my some of my listings on other eBay sites where I am Global TRS, I get good search placement and can find my listings under the International sellers section of search results. But on eBay Australia, I am not shown in International Sellers when using the same search parameters that I use on other sites. Some eBay sites I place 1,2,3 with general keywords for some items but nothing on eBay Australia.

Something has happened to eBay Australia visibility.  Loss of Global TRS have something to do with this?

I regularly check my listings on other sites every few months and eBay Australia has changed.

I read what is required on eBay Australia site for TRS and it is no longer part of Global TRS achieved on other countries.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/top-rated.html

Have at least 100 transactions and USD $1,000 in sales with Australian buyers over the most recent 12-month period

But there is no separate group for eBay Australia in the Seller Dashboard. Very confusing on the Seller Dashboard.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@greenmangoes wrote:

When will the "Add to cart" button be added on ebay.ca so that ebay.com buyers can purchase multiple items?

If someone wants to purchase multiple items on ebay.com they do not have the "Add to cart" option, they have to purchase each item separately.

Thanks

Thanks GreenMangoes,

The issue you are describing is not as the cart for ebay.ca was originally designed, meaning its a bug. I will perform a test to determine if I'm able to reproduce the issue you have described. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Bryan

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

posts 9, 12, 14

Hi @pocomocomputing,

Unfortunately Raphael is not here today and I remember there was some discussion between him and Rodney. The AU help page says they are part of the Global Program but at the top of the page it seems like you can only get Top Rated if you "Have at least 100 transactions and USD $1,000 in sales with Australian buyers over the most recent 12-month period". It seems like they may have their own TRS program. I will do some more digging.

Thanks,

Ryanne

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

bryan.ca@ebay.ca wrote:

@greenmangoes wrote:

Thanks

Thanks GreenMangoes,

The issue you are describing is not as the cart for ebay.ca was originally designed, meaning its a bug. I will perform a test to determine if I'm able to reproduce the issue you have described. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Bryan

Just click on any item in my store and change .ca to .com and you will see what I mean.

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Hi welcome, Ryanne. Are you aware of this glitch? -

...say you sell an item on Aug 1 at 1 a.m. eastern to someone in California. So, when you look at your selling manager in .ca, it will show that you sold the item on Aug 1 and you could quite possibly decide to ship it Aug 2.

However, surprise surprise (!!) your item actually sold on July 31 in California and believe it or not - that is what counts for TRS on .com. The dates that show in your own selling manager on .ca are not what the system recognizes.

So Canadian sellers are penalized, and this has happened to me more than once. Now I have to remember to watch carefully to make sure none of my sales actually occurred on the previous day in a western time zone.

I have brought this issue to the attention of CS and they agreed I had a legit issue and would get back to me - however none of the tracking upload failures were adjusted and no one ever got back to me.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@art-in-the-making wrote:

...say you sell an item on Aug 1 at 1 a.m. eastern to someone in California. So, when you look at your selling manager in .ca, it will show that you sold the item on Aug 1 and you could quite possibly decide to ship it Aug 2.

However, surprise surprise (!!) your item actually sold on July 31 in California and believe it or not - that is what counts for TRS on .com. The dates that show in your own selling manager on .ca are not what the system recognizes.

So Canadian sellers are penalized, and this has happened to me more than once. Now I have to remember to watch carefully to make sure none of my sales actually occurred on the previous day in a western time zone.

I have brought this issue to the attention of CS and they agreed I had a legit issue and would get back to me - however none of the tracking upload failures were adjusted and no one ever got back to me.

Why would it be a glitch? eBay.com runs on Pacific time and eBay.ca runs on Eastern Time, a 3 hour difference.

eBay.com would use the Pacific Time for evaluating TRS on eBay.com.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I realize that you are not privy to everything that Paypal does but if you can't answer the following questions, I would appreciate if you could look into it.

On the U.S. Paypal site they have announced that starting on Nov 18, the dispute process will have a limit of 180 days rather than the current 45 days.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

Will this update be added to the Canadian Paypal agreement?

Other countries Paypal agreements?

Will this apply only to transactions filed through Paypal vs filed through the Money Back Guarantee?

Once the Money Back Guarantee is available on.ca will buyers who purchase on the .com and .ca be able to file through Paypal or will they only have the option of filing through the ebay MBG? In other words, will the 180 day dispute process only apply to users who buy on sites without the ebay MBG?

How can they possibly justify that a 180 days is reasonable? If a buyer claims a snad 6 months after receiving the item, there is no way to prove that the item is snad because it was used for 6 months or because it arrived like that.  As far as I know, 6 months is not the normal return window in most retail operations.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Hi art-in-the-making,

I am not aware, thank you. So dumb question but are you listing on .com or .ca?

Thanks,

Ryanne

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Why would it be a glitch? eBay.com runs on Pacific time and eBay.ca runs on Eastern Time, a 3 hour difference.

eBay.com would use the Pacific Time for evaluating delivery standards.

Yes, what pocomocomputing said if you are listing on eBay.com. The official time on .com is Pacific.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@greenmangoes wrote:

bryan.ca@ebay.ca wrote:

@greenmangoes wrote:

Thanks

Thanks GreenMangoes,

Bryan

Just click on any item in my store and change .ca to .com and you will see what I mean.

Sorry GreenMangoes I was under the impression you had an issue ON eBay.ca. So, this would be on 'imported inventory' cart issue we have been tracking on items that have been listed in other markets other then ebay.com. We do not have a date right now to share, sorry that I cannot be further help in this matter.

Bryan

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I am confused!  What else is new?

Could you please clarify the distinctions between the Canadian site (eBay.ca) and the American site (eBay.com).

It appears to me that some eBay policies apply based on which site the purchase took place, regardless of who the seller is (Canadian or American), who the buyer is (Canadian or American) or where the item was actually listed (eBay.ca or eBay.com).

I am thinking of a buyer's ability to make a claim for non receipt or goods substantially not as described.  eBay seems to tell us that a buyer must make a claim one way (eBay) if the transaction took place on eBay.com and a different way (PayPal) if the transaction took place on eBay.ca, regardless of all other factors.  How is a buyer or seller to know which site was actually used for a transaction?

My question is: how is a Canadian eBay member (buyer or seller) to know which policy applies (.ca or .com) to a specific transaction?

Message 15 of 31
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I realize that you are not privy to everything that Paypal does but if you can't answer the following questions, I would appreciate if you could look into it.

On the U.S. Paypal site they have announced that starting on Nov 18, the dispute process will have a limit of 180 days rather than the current 45 days.

Will this apply only to transactions filed through Paypal vs filed through the Money Back Guarantee?

Once the Money Back Guarantee is available on.ca will buyers who purchase on the .com and .ca be able to file through Paypal or will they only have the option of filing through the ebay MBG? In other words, will the 180 day dispute process only apply to users who buy on sites without the ebay MBG?

How can they possibly justify that a 180 days is reasonable? If a buyer claims a snad 6 months after receiving the item, there is no way to prove that the item is snad because it was used for 6 months or because it arrived like that.  As far as I know, 6 months is not the normal return window in most retail operations.

Hi @pjcdn2005,

Those are all amazing questions, some of which we are still trying to get answers to as well. Yes, the 180 days will also apply to .ca. The 180 days will apply whether or not we have eBay Money Back Guarantee. 

We are still trying to figure out what the claims process will look like once eBay Money Back Guarantee is live and the PayPal 180 day dispute process is live.

Thanks,

Ryanne

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

I list both on .com and .ca

however my selling manager is on .ca and it displays the dates items are paid according to ebay Canada official time. If your selling manager says an item was paid on Aug 1, why would anyone reasonably guess that they have to ship it the same day?

At the very least, this (ok call it an anomaly if not a glitch) should be documented so that people are aware.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

I'm still waiting for someone to so much as acknowledge the question which I asked over a half hour ago in post #4. I realize that you are short staffed but  if you can't reply to it, it would be nice to at least let me know.

Thank you.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

bryan.ca@ebay.ca wrote:

@greenmangoes wrote:

Thanks

Thanks GreenMangoes,

Bryan

I suspect my U.S. buyers are still having this problem, since they are making multiple purchases just a few seconds or minutes apart as individual transactions rather than as a combined (cart) purchase.  I have a multiple-purchase shipping discount set up as a promotion, but if nobody can take advantage of it, it's useless.  I end up having to refund shipping overages after the fact, and of course I don't get refunded for the FVFs on those amounts.  I'd appreciate your looking into this. 

The next time I see a U.S. buyer struggling with a multiple purchase, I think I'll ask them specifically if they can describe any issues they had, so I can report the details here.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

ryanne@ebay.com wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi @pjcdn2005,

Those are all amazing questions, some of which we are still trying to get answers to as well. Yes, the 180 days will also apply to .ca. The 180 days will apply whether or not we have eBay Money Back Guarantee. 

We are still trying to figure out what the claims process will look like once eBay Money Back Guarantee is live and the PayPal 180 day dispute process is live.

Thanks,

Ryanne

OK sorry further clarification. The dispute process will take you through the correct flow which means that if you purchased an item on .com but open a dispute on .ca, you will find yourself completely the flow on .com. If the 45 days are up in order to make a claim through eBay Money Back Guarantee, and you have paid with PayPal, then you will be taken through the PayPal Purchase Protection flow.

Ryanne

Message 20 of 31
latest reply