August 16 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey Howdy Hey everyone -

Looking forward to chatting with you tomorrow!

There's been some issues on my part with getting the weekly open issues chart updated with applicable data. I won't be posting it this week, and will update the thread when I have a version that is appropriately updated.

Thanks!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

First of all, as a buyer, I am very PO'd to the point of telling Ebay to stick it.

When is Ebay going to quit screwing around with all the great and wonderful junk we don't need and fix the cart. I am sick and tired of getting this:

The seller does not offer combined shipping discounts.The seller has disallowed combined payments and shipping discounts. Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase.

It is absolutely pathetic that a so called business the size of Ebay has a cart that is a piece of garbage. This issue has been on the boards as well as google for at least 3 years and it is time it got fixed. Ebay is supposed to care about their buyers when this is doing nothing for buyers or sellers for that matter.

I have 3 items purchased, can't use the request an invoice and I will be damned if I am going to pay shipping of $55 per item because Ebay's system is a piece of junk. Ebay does it only so they can gouge sellers and buyers for the FVF's on shipping and inflate their income.

We all know that Ebay could care less about the little guy which is becoming more and more obvious. It is no wonder many buyers and sellers prefer to deal off line because going through Ebay does not work.

Who ever is in charge of the cart should be fired and replaced by someone that can do the job. Maybe all the senior execs need to be turfed and replaced with employees that want Ebay to run smoothly and without all the problems it has now, BEFORE they come up with new gimmicks like the image search.

I do not want another sluff job from the chat team but want whoever handles this to come to a chat and try to explain what he/she is doing or should I say, not doing to fix this long standing issue.

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

I have been having problems off & on with pictures disappearing from my listings & also when looking at others sellers listings. This seems to be an ongoing glitch in the system. Other sellers have had the same problem. This is very annoying as pictures sell your items. I do not have time to go back to my listings to add the deleted pictures.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

My issue and/or question this week relates to Shippo. First of all, allow me to say that their customer-relations team is very prompt and courteous. I cannot say enough good about my experience in that respect. 

But the Shippo billing set-up and system stinks: 'Billings are once a week, or once you go over $100 in label purchases, whichever comes first with the exception of your first bill after you create your account when you will be charged once you've exceeded $25 in purchases. If you don't create labels for some time (a few weeks) and then come back to Shippo, you will be charged right away for those labels, since it's been more than a week since your last bill.' To me, that's like saying your bill which will be always unknown in terms of the amount due is payable on the first prime number of the week unless that date is the square root of 64 divided by pi. But only when Mercury is in retrograde. If, however, the cycle of the moon is waning, you will be charged immediately or when your postage bill exceeds your age in April of 1987. 

My point is that I find this is the opposite of user-friendly. Why can we not pay as we go as we used to with Paypal Shipping? Or if we are destined to be billed regularly instead, why are we not warned in advance what amount will be withdrawn? It's next to impossible for me to keep mental track of my weekly postage amount due and then some sum is suddenly withdrawn from my paypal account as an unpleasant surprise. If Shippo is determined to run a tab for its users, then please let it be monthly payments like ebay's monthly seller fees where we are billed on the first of the month for an amount due on the fifteenth, or vice versa. I understand that's how at least some couriers do it.

I strongly dislike it. The customer service is lovely but these billings....? Yuck.

Now for Return labels. When Shippo was first introduced, we were assured it would assist with offering return postage. Can you walk us through how that will work? Does that simply mean we are expected to 'add Return label' to each outbound shipment as that option is available? Or does it mean that there is some actual way of printing a Return label when the actual need arises? And is it available for domestic shipment only? Or are international Return postage labels also somehow available to us. If so, how? I haven't had need arise yet but in the event one is required, I'd like to start ahead of the game and actually know how to use it. Will ebay or Shippo be offering any webinars about it?

Thank you,

Maureen 

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Hi Tyler I brought this up last week.  Here is my thread that I started on this issue.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Can-you-do-a-test-for-me/m-p/381597#M83206

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Still hoping for confirmation that we can buy return shipping labels for US customers.

How about getting a Shippo rep here to put a guide into the Shippo thread -- and then pin it.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

And since Shippo also is available to US sellers, a discussion of how they can send us Canada Post labels would be handy too.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Why on the .com site under selling manager, summary, improve your listings, does it show items with image problems under recommendations, while the Canadian site shows absolutely nothing about the .ca site.

Are we in Canada considered inferior and insignificant, and below the Americans as it is what I call discrimination. Why don't they just dump the .ca site as it is becoming a joke and is totally incompatible with .com and getting worse with all the changes to .com and none on .ca.

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

I would object to dumping eBay.ca as you suggest.
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:
. Why don't they just dump the .ca site as it is becoming a joke and is totally incompatible with .com and getting worse with all the changes to .com and none on .ca.

Yes, in favour of dumping .ca.

We would be in favour of a North American site (.com)  using US currency and ability to calculate shipping by Canada Post

just like it was in the past.  Would take care of the calculated shipping problem for those Canadians who choose to list on .com.

The whole world understands US dollars but is confused by Canadian dollars.

Easier for eBay with only one North American site to maintain instead of two.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

I have zero interest in listing in USD. Never have, never will. I'd object very loudly to that. Those sellers who are dissatisfied with eBay.ca are welcome to depart, but you don't have to set a torch to the place when you do.
Message 11 of 36
latest reply

My questions are about Shippo Insurance.  If these issues have already been addressed I apologize but I haven't seen anything regarding my questions.

I seem to remember reading that Shipsurance (Insure Post) is handling Shippo insurance but I don't know if that's true.  Is it?  

I find insurance on Shippo very easy to use, and I like that a lot,  but I have no idea what I'm buying.

Also, 75 cents/$100 for international and 50 cents for domestic is very reasonable compared to previous rates.

1)  With Shipsurance it was necessary to get a PO stamp of acceptance when items were shipped without tracking for the Insurance to be active.  Is that still the case?  It seems that getting these stamps isn't necessary because otherwise I would think that purchasers would be informed.  It's much more convenient if no acceptance is required.  Does that information exist anywhere?

2) When I buy insurance for an item shipped by a method also insured but the PO such as Expedited, the system seems to be bumping that insurance over to this other provider.  That is, the PO charged (charges?) almost 3 times the rate that Shippo insurance does but when I buy I label on Shippo I get charged the lower rate.  What's up with that?  

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

Another question regarding Shippo.  Is it possible to buy a label on Shippo for personal items in addition to those sold via an online venue?

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Isn't the chat supposed to start at 11 AM?

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

First of all, as a buyer, I am very PO'd to the point of telling Ebay to stick it.

When is Ebay going to quit screwing around with all the great and wonderful junk we don't need and fix the cart. I am sick and tired of getting this:

The seller does not offer combined shipping discounts.The seller has disallowed combined payments and shipping discounts. Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase.

It is absolutely pathetic that a so called business the size of Ebay has a cart that is a piece of garbage. This issue has been on the boards as well as google for at least 3 years and it is time it got fixed. Ebay is supposed to care about their buyers when this is doing nothing for buyers or sellers for that matter.

I have 3 items purchased, can't use the request an invoice and I will be damned if I am going to pay shipping of $55 per item because Ebay's system is a piece of junk. Ebay does it only so they can gouge sellers and buyers for the FVF's on shipping and inflate their income.

We all know that Ebay could care less about the little guy which is becoming more and more obvious. It is no wonder many buyers and sellers prefer to deal off line because going through Ebay does not work.

Who ever is in charge of the cart should be fired and replaced by someone that can do the job. Maybe all the senior execs need to be turfed and replaced with employees that want Ebay to run smoothly and without all the problems it has now, BEFORE they come up with new gimmicks like the image search.

I do not want another sluff job from the chat team but want whoever handles this to come to a chat and try to explain what he/she is doing or should I say, not doing to fix this long standing issue.

Hi @dutchman48 - if a seller doesn't offer combined shipping discounts you wouldn't be able to request total. If they don't allow combined payments you won't be able to make a single payment for multiple purchases. These are settings that sellers have control over, so communication with the seller may be the best option for these purchases.

There's a lot of understandable frustration when things don't work the way you expect them to, but that isn't to say that we don't care about you as a member.

To you last point, I won't take more of your time on this issue, but I will pass along your desire for more specific chat opportunities. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 36
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Hi @dutchman48 - if a seller doesn't offer combined shipping discounts you wouldn't be able to request total. If they don't allow combined payments you won't be able to make a single payment for multiple purchases. These are settings that sellers have control over, so communication with the seller may be the best option for these purchases.

There's a lot of understandable frustration when things don't work the way you expect them to, but that isn't to say that we don't care about you as a member.

To you last point, I won't take more of your time on this issue, but I will pass along your desire for more specific chat opportunities. Thanks!

So, after 3+ years, Ebay refuses to deal with this issue. Any cart properly set up should have the ability to request an invoice!

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

I have been having problems off & on with pictures disappearing from my listings & also when looking at others sellers listings. This seems to be an ongoing glitch in the system. Other sellers have had the same problem. This is very annoying as pictures sell your items. I do not have time to go back to my listings to add the deleted pictures.

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - thanks for bringing this up! I've heard of similar things happening before, will you please try these troubleshooting steps:

Try a different browser - if the problem doesn't follow you clear the cache and cookies on the browser you were originally using.

If the problem persists after you move browsers will you please send me a private message with a few screenshots of this so I can look into it further? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

So, after 3+ years, Ebay refuses to deal with this issue. Any cart properly set up should have the ability to request an invoice!

I forgot to add, I am sure Ebay would love me to pay $55 shipping per item, but I am not that big an idiot. Ebay and the seller will probably lose 3 sales as the seller won't send an Ebay invoice. Sent a PDF invoice off of Ebay so I could transfer directly to his bank account.

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

My issue and/or question this week relates to Shippo. First of all, allow me to say that their customer-relations team is very prompt and courteous. I cannot say enough good about my experience in that respect. 

But the Shippo billing set-up and system stinks: 'Billings are once a week, or once you go over $100 in label purchases, whichever comes first with the exception of your first bill after you create your account when you will be charged once you've exceeded $25 in purchases. If you don't create labels for some time (a few weeks) and then come back to Shippo, you will be charged right away for those labels, since it's been more than a week since your last bill.' To me, that's like saying your bill which will be always unknown in terms of the amount due is payable on the first prime number of the week unless that date is the square root of 64 divided by pi. But only when Mercury is in retrograde. If, however, the cycle of the moon is waning, you will be charged immediately or when your postage bill exceeds your age in April of 1987. 

My point is that I find this is the opposite of user-friendly. Why can we not pay as we go as we used to with Paypal Shipping? Or if we are destined to be billed regularly instead, why are we not warned in advance what amount will be withdrawn? It's next to impossible for me to keep mental track of my weekly postage amount due and then some sum is suddenly withdrawn from my paypal account as an unpleasant surprise. If Shippo is determined to run a tab for its users, then please let it be monthly payments like ebay's monthly seller fees where we are billed on the first of the month for an amount due on the fifteenth, or vice versa. I understand that's how at least some couriers do it.

I strongly dislike it. The customer service is lovely but these billings....? Yuck.

Now for Return labels. When Shippo was first introduced, we were assured it would assist with offering return postage. Can you walk us through how that will work? Does that simply mean we are expected to 'add Return label' to each outbound shipment as that option is available? Or does it mean that there is some actual way of printing a Return label when the actual need arises? And is it available for domestic shipment only? Or are international Return postage labels also somehow available to us. If so, how? I haven't had need arise yet but in the event one is required, I'd like to start ahead of the game and actually know how to use it. Will ebay or Shippo be offering any webinars about it?

Thank you,

Maureen 

Well, best to get this all into the light now, while Mercury is in retrograde... 😉

In all seriousness, that sounds profoundly confusing, and something that wouldn't necessarily be difficult to fix (as you suggest, even just a regular email as to when would be something). I will get the feedback to our Shippo contacts.

When it comes to return labels I don't have a lot of insight into the process, though I remember seeing the same thing. I know we're working with Shippo to get a presence on the boards, so hopefully we can get the answer to that sooner than later.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 36
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Tyler I brought this up last week.  Here is my thread that I started on this issue.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Can-you-do-a-test-for-me/m-p/381597#M83206

Thanks for the thread link @musicyouneed - I'll get this reviewed and reported (though I could have sworn I filed something already). I'll reach out via PM when I have an update!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 36
latest reply