August 2 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone,

Getting back in gear after eBay Open last week, thanks for bearing with me as I catch up on messages and emails!

Opening up the thread for our Weekly Chat Session for August 2, 2017. This thread will be open until tomorrow, so please post any questions or subjects for which you would like eBay support.

Please find the below table of open issues with the latest updates, as well as what we need in order to pursue them further. My time on the boards is limited, so I can't do as much digging as I'd like, so I really appreciate the effort that you've made to get me information - thank you!

Issue Status Latest Update Action taken/Next Steps
Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages  Need clarification/examples "Shipping not matching is not a bug if it's a GSP item" Need more examples/information, let us know
Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates Open/no updates "In order to test further we need current examples of this." Need more examples/information, let us know
Selling limits live items count discrepancy  Open/no updates Ticket Updated  Waiting for tech team's response
Handling times not being added properly  Open/no updates No update at this point Waiting for tech team's response
Shipping Cost Cannot Be Calculated Error On Us/int'l Sites For CA Listings Open/no updates "This ticket is still open and being reviewed." Waiting for tech team's response
Seller Hub shipping reminders on items that have been marked as shipped on eBay.ca Report Filed Ticket Filed Waiting for tech team's response
Selling Manager Pro/mobile app disconnect (alerts popping up even though shipped) Report Filed Ticket Filed/Root cause to be fixed None - will be removed going forward
Guides written on .UK are now missing without a trace Report Filed Ticket Filed Waiting for tech team's response
Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

@msmaggie060 wrote:

I didn't mean that I have a print problem, the problem is that none of my sales show up on Shippo. I even tried to add a pkg to ship to my daughter last night and I couldn't do that either.

Hi @msmaggie060 - I'm sorry but I'm not quite understanding what exactly you're running into. Have you connected your existing CP account to Shippo?

Please feel free to message me with some clarification of what you're running into, definitely want to help!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 41 of 45
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I am going on vacation later today and I'm wondering how I will be affected by the new ebay thing that says on each sold item "Must be shipped by" I will be gone for 2 weeks and will be sending buyers a reminder that I will be gone for 2 weeks as it says on my item pages. What happens if item doesn't get shipped by the date it says?

Hey @bunbar - @momcqueen & @msmaggie060 gave you great advice and insight.

If you have a store, consider putting it on vacation hold and blocking fixed price purchases. That will block anyone from buying and protect your account standing.

If you don't wish to do that please change your handling time to reflect the amount of time you will be gone to also protect your account.

If you don't do either of those, and an item is purchased you could get shipping time misses or a miss on tracking upload, which can impact your overall seller rating.

Safe travels!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 42 of 45
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

This is only happening on ebay emails, If I try and relist an item from an email I get an empty page,At the top is says

this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources

I have to click on the following to open the page. 

Load unsafe scripts

any ideas

Hey @bunbar - I haven't heard this, would you mind sending me a screenshot so I can get that investigated? Seems definitely unusual.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 43 of 45
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Will Seller Hub be able to handle multiple selling accounts (ID's) and selling on multiple Ebay sites; say Canada and the US using 3 ID's?

What if a country does not have Seller Hub?

If Seller Hub can't handle this, maybe they should maintain Turbo Lister as it can.

It would be a real disadvantage to all sellers using multiple ID's and sites if Seller Hub won't do it

Hi @dutchman48 - Seller Hub is tied to the site it's on (.com, .co.UK, etc). So if I'm understanding your question correctly, no, it will not have the functionality you're looking for.

If you have Turbo Lister you can continue to use it for the time being, while we all wait for the roll out of Seller Hub's similar functionality. Good call out!

So , if you sell on more than 1 site, you have to have a separate seller hub on each site?

What about 2 ID's on the same site?

Seller Hub is an account/site specific tool, it won't cross multiple ids, or sites. And you would have a separate seller hub on each site.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 44 of 45
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining us today - the chat is now closed. Join us next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 45 of 45
latest reply