August 24th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Automotive listings losing images when changing duration to GTC
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Login redirect to foreign eBay sites (resolved)
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

I've noticed recently that when I log into .com on my seller account, I'm being invited to sign up for Seller Hub.  I presume SH will at some point soon become the default on .com.  Do you know whether (and when) it will be introduced on .ca?

The reason I ask is that I'd rather get adjusted to it now on .com than suddenly have to adapt if it becomes mandatory on .ca.  

Thanks! 

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

I've noticed recently that when I log into .com on my seller account, I'm being invited to sign up for Seller Hub.  I presume SH will at some point soon become the default on .com.  Do you know whether (and when) it will be introduced on .ca?

The reason I ask is that I'd rather get adjusted to it now on .com than suddenly have to adapt if it becomes mandatory on .ca.  

Thanks! 

Hi rose-dee,

We are still working out the timeline for bringing Seller Hub to CA. I recommend opting-in to it now on eBay.com, it's a fantastic product that you'll get used to very easily.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Good morning, Raphael.

This is not a pressing issue but could you explain why, in the past two weeks or so, my listings are loading 50 per cent of the time like it's 2013? Wrong fonts, wrong page layout style.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 9.49.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 9.49.31 AM.png

When I first asked you about this, I thought information was missing from the page and, really, it's more just moved around to how it looked a few years ago. Will this continue for long?

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Also, is anyone reporting a bug where the auto-decline amount on Best Offer listings has mysteriously vanished? Or is there something I am doing to a listing which makes it disappear as a side-effect?

I've had a few instances lately where a buyer was able to send me a very, very low offer that should have been auto-declined on a listing where I could have sworn that I already had enabled the feature. 

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

The new eBay Listing tool is now being implemented on eBay.ca. Apparently there are issues.

1) I use save seller templates with the old SYI tool for years. The new listing tool finally has saved templates I noticed this week. But I found that all my old saved templates were not moved over! I read on eBay.com that the old saved templates were no longer accessible in the forums there. So I immediately opened up a windows to my old saved templates (I has saved a link to them on eBay.ca) and copy/pasted them one by one, data field by data field to the new saved templates in the new listing tool. Now I do not care if I loose the old ones but for other sellers this apparent non-migration of the saved templates may be an issue too. Comments????

2) The new listing tool apparently does not have the ability to include/exclude countries in the flow of the tool. I never noticed because I opted into eBay Business Policies a couple of years ago and these are in the new listing tool. I used the new selling tool on eBay.com since the beta started last fall and had no issues with Shipping policies and including/excluding countries. I have Business Policies on eBay.ca for a couple of years now too so I do not have the issue with including/excluding countries

Here is a topic where some sellers had the new listing tool forced on them and complaining about not being able to include/exclude countries.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/new-single-page-listing-form-no-way-to-exclude-include-sh...

Will this feature be added or will everyone be forced into using eBay Business Polices which is a nightmare to convert to because of the hundreds of meaningless named policies created?

In the same topic, sellers who were told in an eBay message that they could opt out by contacting customer support found out customer support was clueless as to what they wanted to do. Not good customer service.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Regarding saved templates, the issue of saved templates not appearing in the new listing tool has already caused grief to one seller.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Listing-Tools/Where-having-selling-templates-gone-New-listing-too...

I posted a possible solution that worked for.

Looks like another eBay SNAFU. Does anyone know what they are doing at eBay? Does anyone test changes? Does anyone actually use the eBay system and know how it works? Why does eBay always let users find their oversights?

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Hi Raphael, I list on .com site and usually add the following to my listings under Payment Details: "payment is requested within 7 days" since I don't mind giving buyers time to pay. I have heard that any purchase under $100 has to be paid for immediately anyway.  Is this true? If so, is there any point in me stating payment in 7 days?

Trying to remove any extra words that aren't really required and don't want to confuse my buyers.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

I haven't received the Q3 shipping supply coupon. Is there an estimate as to when they will be released fully?

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will only remain open for the day as I will be unable to come back to it tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Open issues:

• CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Automotive listings losing images when changing duration to GTC
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Login redirect to foreign eBay sites (resolved)
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Hello again. I just ran my own test to see where things stand with paypal and their discrepancy lag in offering Tracked Packet via Paypal shipping to the countries to which Canada Post offers the service and here are the results. Yes means it appears as an option to the country as it should, no means it still does not.

Paypal Tracked Packet test August 24 2016: which countries does paypal shipping support by offering Tracked Packet service of the countries to which service is offered by Canada Post?

Austria NO

Australia YES

Belgium YES

Brazil NO

Croatia YES

Denmark YES

Estonia YES

Finland YES

France YES

Germany YES

Hong Kong NO

Hungary NO

Ireland YES

Iceland  NO

Italy NO

Latvia YES

Lithuania  NO

Luxembourg YES

Malaysia YES

Malta YES

Netherlands YES

New Zealand YES

Poland NO

Portugal NO

Singapore YES

South Korea  NO

Spain YES

Sweden YES

Switzerland YES

Turkey  NO

United Kingdom YES

USA YES

So eleven countries are still missing Tracked Packet through Paypal Shipping. I think I discovered the lag more than a year ago. How long should it take to update the service? This seems a little bit silly. It wastes a seller's time (and money) to have to buy Tracked Packet at the postal counter for those countries. 

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

"The reason I ask is that I'd rather get adjusted to it now on .com than suddenly have to adapt if it becomes mandatory on .ca."

You can opt out of the "new" Seller Hub by calling eBay Customer Service. They will add you to a list of eBay Sellers who prefer the current version.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Thanks! 

Yes, join the seller hub on eBay.com to get a feel for it. I have been using it since the beta Seller Hub came out last fall on eBay.com. You should be able to Opt out in the top right corner of the main Overview page. But I would suggest struggling a few days to figure it out to gain experience.

To me it is just eBay Selling Manager with a different look and feel. It has better sales analysis tools that may be useful since stores no longer have any.

Be careful with Ended listings as it groups Sold and UnSold listing since they are both Ended Listings. I made the mistake of looking at ended listings not realizing it was both and relisted an ended Sold listing. I think they improved that bad look and feel to the hub. I did catch the mistake I made and ended the listings.

The hub seems free of major glitches as far as I can tell and is ready for prime time for many sellers. I have not been listing for the past few months (tired of eBay nonsense updates and policies all the time as well as the Canada Post limbo state that is going on) so I am not up to date on any glitches.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Does opting into the hub does not opt you into the 1 page selling form that some are having problems with?

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good morning, Raphael.

This is not a pressing issue but could you explain why, in the past two weeks or so, my listings are loading 50 per cent of the time like it's 2013? Wrong fonts, wrong page layout style.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 9.49.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 9.49.31 AM.png

When I first asked you about this, I thought information was missing from the page and, really, it's more just moved around to how it looked a few years ago. Will this continue for long?

Hi Maureen,

This looks like a case of CSS style not loading properly. CSS is the code that tells the browser how to load the page content, what font to use, the layout, etc. It may happen that some CSS code doesn't load properly in some browsers, some browser versions, etc. These issues are usually on the client side, meaning that want you see being wrong may not be the case for all of your buyers. Look at what I see in all my browsers when I load the same page, it's different than what you posted:

Nickelodeon_PAW_Patrol_Super_Pups_Chase_Marshall_Skye_Rubble_Rocky_Zuma_Bundle___eBay.jpg

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Also, is anyone reporting a bug where the auto-decline amount on Best Offer listings has mysteriously vanished? Or is there something I am doing to a listing which makes it disappear as a side-effect?

I've had a few instances lately where a buyer was able to send me a very, very low offer that should have been auto-declined on a listing where I could have sworn that I already had enabled the feature. 

I haven't heard of such a bug but I'm happy to look into it. Can you share the item number for the item in question?

Message 15 of 38
latest reply

Hi Raphael,

The glitch is intermittent so having the item number will not help you. I have experienced the same problem from time to time with various listings.   

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

Very true. I'll have every listing that I look at in the period of five minutes appear to be from 2013 and then, it will suddenly start showing me 2016 pages. Maybe after I log out and log back in later? I don't know what resets it to present day. I'm a Mac user so I'm running Safari Version 9.1.2. 

For example: 

331564199073 -- 2013

232040717955 -- 2013

331708643582 -- 2013

331728944716 -- 2013

231560584474 -- 2013

331556641032 -- 2013

All of these are loading incorrectly and incomplete, if I am to interpret the refresh symbol correctly. Instead of the refresh button, the x stays in the browser field in perpetuity. 

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

.... And if I swivel over the ebay.com, it immediately loads the way it should in 2016. (Can it be that this is an ebay.ca thing?) Then I go back to the listing on ebay.ca and it's fine too. This makes no sense to me. 

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

The new eBay Listing tool is now being implemented on eBay.ca. Apparently there are issues.

1) I use save seller templates with the old SYI tool for years. The new listing tool finally has saved templates I noticed this week. But I found that all my old saved templates were not moved over! I read on eBay.com that the old saved templates were no longer accessible in the forums there. So I immediately opened up a windows to my old saved templates (I has saved a link to them on eBay.ca) and copy/pasted them one by one, data field by data field to the new saved templates in the new listing tool. Now I do not care if I loose the old ones but for other sellers this apparent non-migration of the saved templates may be an issue too. Comments????

2) The new listing tool apparently does not have the ability to include/exclude countries in the flow of the tool. I never noticed because I opted into eBay Business Policies a couple of years ago and these are in the new listing tool. I used the new selling tool on eBay.com since the beta started last fall and had no issues with Shipping policies and including/excluding countries. I have Business Policies on eBay.ca for a couple of years now too so I do not have the issue with including/excluding countries

Here is a topic where some sellers had the new listing tool forced on them and complaining about not being able to include/exclude countries.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/new-single-page-listing-form-no-way-to-exclude-include-sh...

Will this feature be added or will everyone be forced into using eBay Business Polices which is a nightmare to convert to because of the hundreds of meaningless named policies created?

In the same topic, sellers who were told in an eBay message that they could opt out by contacting customer support found out customer support was clueless as to what they wanted to do. Not good customer service.

Hi Pocomo,

Templates:

I can't really comment on this but I have asked the team who owns the new selling tool for comments. I know they are continually enhancing the tool based on user feedback.

Ship-to exclusions:

Similar response to the above. For now, the ship-to exclusions are still available in the Site Preferences. Granted you can't set them per item, but you can set them for all listings. This will be adequate for the vast majority of sellers.

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

I checked out your listings there all showing the current up to date listing page, I'm using Internet Explorer.

I wish eBay would bring back that "print" option.

Message 20 of 38
latest reply