August 9 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone -

Opening up the chat for tomorrow, the 9th of August. Please send your questions and we'll work on getting you answers. 🙂

Thanks for all the detail you've provided over the last week in PMs to help on the open issues below, while we don't have many updates at this point, I'm chasing them down as I can. Thanks, and see you tomorrow!

Issue Status Latest Update Action taken/Next Steps
Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages  Need clarification/examples "Shipping not matching is not a bug if it's a GSP item" Need more examples/information, let us know
Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates Open/no updates "In order to test further we need current examples of this." Need more examples/information, let us know
Selling limits live items count discrepancy  Open/no updates Ticket Updated  Waiting for tech team's response
Handling times not being added properly  Open/no updates No update at this point Waiting for tech team's response
Shipping Cost Cannot Be Calculated Error On Us/int'l Sites For CA Listings Open/no updates "This ticket is still open and being reviewed." Waiting for tech team's response
Seller Hub shipping reminders on items that have been marked as shipped on eBay.ca Report Filed Ticket Filed Waiting for tech team's response
Guides written on .UK are now missing without a trace Report Filed No update at this point Requesting update
Link to relist item from eBay message to seller's private email will not load  Report Filed No update at this point Waiting for tech team's response
Shipping calculator not factoring regional shipping differences in delivery estimate Report Filed No update at this point Waiting for tech team's response
Sold email formats have changed - test or intentional? Information Requested No update at this point Waiting for tech team's response
Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I am sorry but I have to ask;  what do you guys do all day long?

I joined this discussion board a couple of months ago to see if I could make a difference.  Nothing has been fixed during that time period.  Your action/task list at the top does not show any progress that I can see. You fail to add new items to the list etc etc.  The shopping cart has been broken for years as seen in numerous threads on this board and all you do is keep asking for examples that you delete when you receive them. 

I worked in the corporate world for 37 years and an unchanging task list was a sure kick to the door.  You guys would have never survived.  If anybody deserves a process improvement review, it is certainly the ebay.ca office.

I am pretty sure I have wasted my time here.  I will not waste anymore.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@thewoodguy1 wrote:

I am sorry but I have to ask;  what do you guys do all day long?

I joined this discussion board a couple of months ago to see if I could make a difference.  Nothing has been fixed during that time period.  Your action/task list at the top does not show any progress that I can see. You fail to add new items to the list etc etc.  The shopping cart has been broken for years as seen in numerous threads on this board and all you do is keep asking for examples that you delete when you receive them. 

I worked in the corporate world for 37 years and an unchanging task list was a sure kick to the door.  You guys would have never survived.  If anybody deserves a process improvement review, it is certainly the ebay.ca office.

I am pretty sure I have wasted my time here.  I will not waste anymore.

I work across social media and Community, splitting my time. Of the time I have for the Community forums I am allotted 4 hours a week to help with Canada. Most of that time is spent filing technical reports, following up on technical reports and  answering questions in the weekly chat.

I'm sorry that I didn't remember your concern about the shopping cart, and that you'd messaged me about them. While it is frustrating not to see progress update on a spreadsheet, please know that it doesn't mean that nothing is being done.

Thanks for your time in getting me the information you were willing to provide, and I hope that you'll reach out if you have other concerns in the future.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for your questions today, the chat is now closed.

Please feel free to join us next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 23
latest reply