Introducing the new Pinks, and restoring the weekly chat session.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks

My name is Russ Patterson, and I'm the COO and Director of Product Management for eBay Canada. For the past 15 years or so, I've been posting here as rodney@ebay.com.

It's been a long time since we bid farewell to my good friend Raphael@ebay.com, and we are overdue in introducing our new team, and restoring our weekly chat session. Today, I've got a few good news announcements to make:

1. Weekly Canadian Chat Sessions Restored

• We'll be holding our weekly chat session every Wednesday at 1pm eastern time, beginning next week on Wednesday May 17th. 

2. Introducing the new Canadian Pinks

• Tyler@ebay - real name Tyler - is part of our Global Customer Support organization in Salt Lake City. He's been helping Canadian members over social channels for some time now, and we're pleased to welcome him onto our eBay.ca discussion boards to help respond to posts and questions.

• qottie - real name Scott - joined team Canada earlier this year as Senior Product Manager for Selling and Shipping. He's already been responding to a few threads on the boards and getting to know some of you. 

• a.depour - real name Amir - joined team Canada last year as Senior Product Manager for Buying. He'll be part of the weekly board thread going forward, with a focus on answering questions for sellers about buyer experience and buyer flows. 

• rodney@ebay.com - real name Russ - I joined team Canada 15 years ago, and have spent most of my career trying to improve the experience for Canadian buyers and sellers on eBay. 

3. Increased Everyday Presence on the Canadian Boards

Going forward, Tyler will be spending part of his time each day responding to posts a on eBay.ca, working closely with my team back in Toronto.

I'm very excited to re-engage with our community in this way, and I hope you enjoy interacting with your new pinks!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone -

Really excited to get to work with you and help out where I can.

I'll be spending time regularly on the boards, both responding and doing some tidying up of old/zombie threads.

On a personal level, I've been with eBay for a little over 4 years, and have worked support for that time. I enjoy Korean food, video games and Netflix (currently bingeing the Great British Baking Show - why can't Martha get a break?!).

Looking forward to working with you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

We are pleased to meet you and look forward to working with you. Welcome!

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

qottie
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Russ did the intro for all of us eBay folks, so I'll let that speak for itself.  Looking forward to getting your feedback and questions on shipping / selling product features, programs, etc.  Let me know how I can help!

Best regards,

Scott

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I've no doubt the onslaught will begin shortly so allow me to say first we are looking forward to working with you!
Maureen
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Welcome!

It was a sad day to have to bid farewell to Raphael, but it's great to finally see that there will be a few more "pinks" hanging around the boards. I have already seen qottie around lately, and obviously Russ has been around for many years, but it's nice to learn about some others who will be joining the fray.

I look forward to interacting with y'all soon, and can't wait for next Wednesday! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Welcome all.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

That is awesome news!!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

To the New (Canadian?) Pinks, welcome and you might want to look at these issues before the upcoming chat sessions.   This is the list that was to be worked on as of the last chat in early December.   We have heard nothing since.

Open issues:

• Review Economy Intl Shipping EDDs for Canadian items listed on eBay.com
  • Browse pages and Search pages showing different results for same category
  • "Apply my Combined Shipping Discounts" option unavailable on Revise
  • Incomplete ID History
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com - Global issue. There is a team on this and a fix is coming late 2016 or early 2017.
  • Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages - Shipping team working to fix
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates - Report sent to Pitney Bowes and Canada Post for investigation
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Will our chats be better than what the US chats have become?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Why are eBay representatives called "pinks" in this topic? They are now "blues" ever since the forums were changed years ago and changed the color box around their posts from "pink" to "blue".

I do find the term "blues" much more appropriate. Reading anything posted by eBay representatives in these forums sure gives me the "blues" when I read them.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Welcome to the fray!  I for one am very glad to have some personal contact back.  Raphael was able to at least usually clear up misconceptions and misunderstandings, even if things didn't always get fixed.  

Be prepared for the deluge on May 17th!  I'm sure many of us have pent-up issues to present.  It is getting so tough out here in the seller trenches, so all I can say is keep your sense of perspective and cool, and thank you for offering to be there on Wednesdays.  

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I opened a Weekly Wish-We-Could Chat thread periodically in the absence of a real one. It's right http://community.ebay.ca/t5/eBay-CA-Next-Generation/MARCH-1-2017-Weekly-Session-WISH-LIST/m-p/367063... anyone interested in what we wanted addressed over the late winter and early spring.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I promised to bring this up for musicyouneed about zombie threads. She wrote:

I know that when you go to list a subject you get suggestions of previous ones and that is probably why we get zombie threads.  I would like to see threads locked after 6 months of no posts.  You should be able to read them as sometimes they have valuable info but not be able to post to them.  

This is annoying, and in many cases the information is so old as to be misleading.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@I promised to bring this up for musicyouneed about zombie threads. She wrote:

I know that when you go to list a subject you get suggestions of previous ones and that is probably why we get zombie threads.  I would like to see threads locked after 6 months of no posts.  You should be able to read them as sometimes they have valuable info but not be able to post to them.  

This is annoying, and in many cases the information is so old as to be misleading.

Definitely agree that it gets confusing with older threads suddenly resurfacing. We're working on a fix long term that should be coming in the next several months, but I like the suggestion here and will start incorporating that into my routine.

My time here is limited at the moment though, so if you stumble across any feel free to tag me and I'll get it locked next time I'm on. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Hello,

Sorry i did not find another way to contact you for my concern. The problem i have is that i noticed many listings that show, say~ 2$ to 10$, but have either no item for 2$ or it is an item that is not what the title says. This is a problem that is polluting the search with (price + shipping; lowest first) as the items we are getting are the 10$ plus ones, and not the genuine listings. there should be a quick report button if the seller does such a thing. If a seller has many items that he is selling in one add, then all items must fully be associated with the title, and both lowest and highest prices should be visible before having to click anything.

I hope you can get this message to someone that can address this issue and get back to me, I like ebay and would like to contribute in making it a better experience.

Thanks

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

It's not a button. It's a link, halfway down the page at right. You need to be on a desktop computer to see it in the listing page. The link will lead you to another page with drop-down menus.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

If you're on a mobile device and using this eBay app, it's under Help & Contact.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply