July 5 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone,

Opening up the thread for our Weekly Chat Session for July 5, 2017. This thread will be open until tomorrow, so please post any questions or subjects for which you would like eBay support.

Many of you have requested an ongoing list of open and resolved items, so we will try to keep a running list going when we open these weekly chats.  Here is the current version - more detailed responses can be found in a previous chat thread. See you then!

Open issues:

• Browse pages and Search pages showing different results for same category
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice - we need more details to investigate.  Can the original reporter please let us know the status
  • Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages - We are working with the Shipping team to figure out the issue and a solution. 
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Adding Economy International Shipping - requested here
  • Handling times not being added properly - requested here
  • Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com - appears to have been resolved, please tag us if this is still a problem you're encountering
Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bunbar wrote:

Were you able to see the picture I sent. that's all I have to prove I printed a label. It was a lapel pin that went to (deleted). the item no is (deleted)

I'm not sure what else you'll need. It was mailed on the 3rd and still shows as "Not Shipped" and I have no tracking number to send buyer

Thanks! That worked bunbar. For your privacy and your buyers, I have removed your post but i saved the info. 

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

Open issues:

• Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes

The above issue has been around for 1 or 2 years with nothing ever done about it. If the issue still exists on the PayPal platform, then it should be brought up directly with PayPal tech support by users affected by it.

Since eBay.ca Canada uses and no longer uses the PayPal shipping platform, then the issue is no longer relevant to eBay.ca Canada Shippo shipping platform and should be dropped from the list above.

Has any eBay member checked if Shippo has all Tracked Packet destinations in its setup? I would think this would good to check out proactively while Shippo and eBay.ca are working out the bugs in the Shippo platform.

Thanks pocomo. I'll check with Shippo and CPC when I connect with them later today. 

Canada Post and Shippo confirmed that all destinations are supported correctly for tracked packet. Sadly, there's still no domestic tracked packet product, but of course that's because Canada Post doesn't offer it - not an issue with our platform. 

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@bunbar wrote:

Part 2:

We must now use Shippo to ship from Canada. Before this when we used to make a label it automatically sent the buyer an email with the tracking number and marked the item as shipped, also with  the tracking number. Shippo is not doing any of this. No tracking number. No marking the item as shipped. No emails. I don’t even know how it was paid for. Nothing missing from my bank account or paypal. It did print the label but no confirmation except what you see in the picture

Thanks Bunbar.

We've heard a lot of feedback that sellers would prefer to be charged right away for the label, so Shippo is working on that. Tracking should be uploading automatically so disconcerting to hear that didn't happen. I'll dig into that with Shippo. The buyer email and mark as shipped are functions of the tracking upload, so we'll need to figure out what's going on there. 

If you could send me some details on the order directly, that may help too. 

Sorry for your experience but thanks for reporting it here. 

After checking in with Shippo, I learned that tracking was not uploading correctly for selected international services / destinations only. They have already released a fix but are still verifying to make sure all is well. 

Message 43 of 43
latest reply