June 14 2017 Weekly Session - Moving to June 15

qottie
Community Member

Hello everyone,

Opening up the thread for our Weekly Chat Session for June 14, 2017.  Note that we will be moving our response time to 3 pm ET tomorrow (June 15 2017). This thread will be open until tomorrow, so please post any questions or subjects for which you would like eBay support.

Many of you have requested an ongoing list of open and resolved items, so we will try to keep a running list going when we open these weekly chats.  Here is the current version - more detailed responses can be found in last week's chat thread.

Open issues:

• Browse pages and Search pages showing different results for same category
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice - we need more details to investigate.  Can the original reporter please let us know the status
  • Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages - We are working with the Shipping team to figure out the issue and a solution. 
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Adding Economy International Shipping - requested here
  • Handling times not being added properly - requested here
  • Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com - bug report filed on our end

Updates:

• Review Economy Intl Shipping EDDs for Canadian items listed on eBay.com - Resolved
  • "Apply my Combined Shipping Discounts" option unavailable on Revise - Resolved
  • Incomplete ID History - Resolved
  • Request Total unavailable - Resolved 
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - Resolved

Speak to you tomorrow!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Hi!

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Listing-in-U-S-DOLLARS/m-p/301415#M43455

In the thread linked above, another user noted that, when creating a listing on the eBay app, .CA sellers are still seeing a drop-down menu for CAD/USD even though USD was phased out months ago. I logged onto the app myself and was able to confirm that this was indeed true. After another user asked if I had actually tried to list in USD, I decided to try it and see what happened and it gave a message to switch the listing to CAD. Yet another user said that the drop-down menu also still exists on the .CA website on the older listing form, which is still available to some users.

As I mentioned in the linked thread, my concern about this has nothing to do with wanting to use USD on .CA. Even if it were still possible, I am and always have been a .CA/CAD guy. My concern is that it might be confusing to some users to still have a drop-down menu with a currency option that cannot be used in the first place. Yes, you do get a message to switch back to CAD on both the app and website, but I'm just wondering why the drop-down was left in in the first place especially after all of the effort eBay put in, and how much time users were given, to switch away from USD.

Thanks for your time!

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

Who was the, and I will be blunt as usual, idiot that decided to increass offers from 5 to 10?

ust had one of Ebay's great buyers offer, auto decline, offer, auto decline, offer, auto decline, 4th offer I accept and it is immediately cancelled by the great buyer.

When is Ebay going to start making buyers accountable just like they do with the sellers? This type of garbage should not be allowed.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

In regards to my previous post for offers, why when a purchase is cancelled by the buyer and Ebay does Ebay still allow the sale amount to show on their monthly sale totals?

It should come off so it does not distort the seller's sale totals and dad Ebay's sale totals with non existing sales. Maybe they want to pay the seller to make it accurate?

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

A buyer bobenis has posted in the GSP Comments / complaints about multiple shipments coming to him through GSP that apparently moved from Kentucky to Canada by USPS and Chicago.

Is this some sort of new leg of the GSP ?

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

What is Ebay's position with regards to insurance on a shipment and INR claim and what is the buyers responsibility.

The reason I ask is the insurance wait time is generally 45 days from shipment where Ebay, I believe,  allows 30 days from delivery estimate which can be considerably shorter than 45 days.

How do we get cooperation from Ebay or the buyer if Ebay has already refunded as they do in many cases?

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

A curiosity question.

Why does my eBay only show 60 days of Sold and Unsold listing?

eBay Selling Manager, eBay Seller Hub and basically all other eBay tools past and present and third party tools like Auctiva, inkFrog, and so on, all show 90 days which is how long items are kept on eBay after the listings are completed.

It would make better sense to have one time period shown for all tools.

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

Another curiosity question.

What is the status of these eBay.ca forums format?

These forums are using an old version of the Lithium forums. I believe these forms are the original Lithium forums implement when Lithium was chosen to replace the old forums.

Having seen the disaster of the new Lithium forums version updates over the past two years on eBay.com, I am hoping that the eBay.ca simple clean text only forums design is not changed. However, I do realize these forums are getting out of date as far as Lithium is concerned and eventually they will have to be changed as the design will no longer be supported.

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

we had touched base on the quarterly coupon for store owners, and the outrageous prices in the store. is there anyway we could use the ebay coupon at other ebay sellers stores. so we can actually have a free market environment, to purchase the actual items we need. as opposed to buying something we don't need at high mark ups just to use the coupon.

i would also be open to using the coupon towards buying more listings.. but i will start a new discussion for that.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

does ebay own this store?? the answer will be no. so why can't the coupon be used at other suppliers on ebay who sell what we really need at fair prices..
Message 10 of 46
latest reply

Turbo Lister is at end of life for eBay and sellers who used it. From what I read as of June 1st TL will no longer be maintained other than category changes and can be used by sellers at their own risk until it no longer functions well.

I do not understand the logic behind allowing a tool to be used until it no long functions properly or possibly worse still creates listing incorrectly. Sellers are accountable for their listings but being allowed to use a tool that may list incorrectly and then holding them responsible for any inaccuracies seems very silly.

Supposedly the Seller Hub will have some undefined functionalities of Turbo Lister as yet not defined anywhere as far as I know. In the eBay.com forums speculation is that some sort of upload and download of listings for offline backup and creation of listing is what will be added. Which makes sense since that is one of the reasons sellers used Turbo Lister.

Is there any documentation anywhere as to what features are to be added to the Seller Hub from Turbo Lister? What is the progress on these features?

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

my next question would be regarding the store sizes.. the basic allows 250 fixed price auctions, which we know is the way it is going. the next level up is 1,000 fixed price listings. is there any chance of getting a store in between the two. for example a store with 500 fixed price listings..

as ebay doesn't distribute free listing promos very often anymore , or at least any promos that are worth anything to the average store owner.  What if they  tried doing a different type of promo.

For example, buy 100 fixed price auctions for  $5.00. no expiry date. or  buy 500 fixed price auctions for $25.00 no expiry date. or the first of the month , make these offers good for the month only..

and of course this offer could only be used by store owners..

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

Last week I showed that any listings I did on .com or .ca showed up as .ca.  You responded as:

"That's definitely unusual, as that column should be reflecting the actual listing site. I'll get this reported as a potential technical issue - thank you for bringing it to my attention!"

On the sold listings it does show what site it was listed on correctly.

sold shows ebaycom.jpg

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Regarding the UPC catalogs of CD's.  Many times I find that the catalog listing disappears from ebay.  I had the catalogue listing when I first listed it but when I went to relist the catalogue disappeared.   This J. Geils is listed on ebay for another seller but when I went to list it using the same UPC I got no results.  For example:

no results.jpgj geils result.jpg

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

Because eBay Management has found a way of giving sellers something without actually giving them anything.

The coupon or credit is given to purchase eBay branded shipping supplies that eBay purchases for pennies on the dollar.

eBay makes money on the supplies or overages when the coupon doesn't cover the entire cost of the order.

eBay will also receive free advertising when sellers use the packing materials for their shipments. 

Any seller can go to Staples and purchase exactly what they need for a fraction of the price. 

A fair alternative would be to credit sellers with a coupon that can be used to purchase anything they want or desire on eBay (eBay Bucks program comes to mind).

eBay will still make money on FVF's from any purchases generated through the coupon but that is still too generous for eBay Management to consider...

Message 15 of 46
latest reply

esclyons wrote:

my next question would be regarding the store sizes.. the basic allows 250 fixed price auctions, which we know is the way it is going. the next level up is 1,000 fixed price listings. is there any chance of getting a store in between the two. for example a store with 500 fixed price listings..

as ebay doesn't distribute free listing promos very often anymore , or at least any promos that are worth anything to the average store owner.  What if they  tried doing a different type of promo.

For example, buy 100 fixed price auctions for  $5.00. no expiry date. or  buy 500 fixed price auctions for $25.00 no expiry date. or the first of the month , make these offers good for the month only..

and of course this offer could only be used by store owners..

I LIKE that suggestion! And wouldn't it be great if we could use our store coupons to buy more listings instead of not being able to use them since the items are not what I can use, and secondly the coupon number disappears and can't be found on either store even if I wanted to use them. And I havent had a free listing promo since April 2016!

(why can't I unbold this?)

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

I too agree that the .com boards are a mess.  I used to read them, now they are useless to me.

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

Also last week you said that using advanced search I could search to see what listings on listed on .com and what on .ca.  I tried to do that and on both sites this is what I got.  It doesn't allow me to search that way.

advanced search.jpg

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Off the US boards:

With regards to returns, I have been reading of late that for a US seller that ships internationally, and cannot provide a return shipping label to a buyer out of the US,  ebay is saying to send "cash" via PayPal.

This is sort of unbelievable.  Suppose the buyer simply keeps the cash and does not return the item? Is there any recouse for the seller should this happen? 

Thank you  in advance. 

Sending money is only one option; the seller can also provide a prepaid label for the buyer to use.  It is up to the seller to select the option that will work best for them. We don't offer protection for the situation you describe and would recommend providing a label if you are concerned.

What is the situation on the .ca boards since we are separate as personally, I find this absolutely absurd.

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Also from the US boards in regards to address changes:

Just to triple clarify this .........

On the chat on May 10th  it was said if we refund a buyer WITHOUT cancelling the transaction that we will earn a defect.

So, if a buyer wants to change their address, we have to actually cancel the sale stating there is problem with the buyer's address, wait for them to agree to it, and  then relist.  In the meantime, some sellers limits can be hit and they may not be able to relist .

Seems easier to just send the item that came with the original payment and leave the buyer on the hook.

Hi  - If you issue a refund without a cancellation or a return happening, a defect would apply. That said, if your buyer needs to change their address and they notify you through the eBay messaging system, you are protected through Seller Protection if you change to the address requested. Just make sure that the communication happens through our system. slight smile

Does Ebay.ca also use this unwritten policy, and if so, why is it not put into written policy?

Do all of the other countries also have this policy as a claim from another Ebay site will fall under their jurisdiction.

Also, and please don't reply that you don't know Paypal's policy, will they also honor this type of change as of course, they don't have access to emails and have different policies.

If you do the address change, and Paypal says no way  and finds for the buyer, you are SOL. What will Ebay do, if anything

This type of issue needs to be clarified between the 2 and Ebay needs to quit handing out defects in these situation where the seller has done nothing wrong and is only protecting himself or herself in Ebay's unwritten interpretation of unwritten policies.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply