June 14 2017 Weekly Session - Moving to June 15

qottie
Community Member

Hello everyone,

Opening up the thread for our Weekly Chat Session for June 14, 2017.  Note that we will be moving our response time to 3 pm ET tomorrow (June 15 2017). This thread will be open until tomorrow, so please post any questions or subjects for which you would like eBay support.

Many of you have requested an ongoing list of open and resolved items, so we will try to keep a running list going when we open these weekly chats.  Here is the current version - more detailed responses can be found in last week's chat thread.

Open issues:

• Browse pages and Search pages showing different results for same category
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice - we need more details to investigate.  Can the original reporter please let us know the status
  • Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages - We are working with the Shipping team to figure out the issue and a solution. 
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Adding Economy International Shipping - requested here
  • Handling times not being added properly - requested here
  • Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com - bug report filed on our end

Updates:

• Review Economy Intl Shipping EDDs for Canadian items listed on eBay.com - Resolved
  • "Apply my Combined Shipping Discounts" option unavailable on Revise - Resolved
  • Incomplete ID History - Resolved
  • Request Total unavailable - Resolved 
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - Resolved

Speak to you tomorrow!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Does Ebay.ca, since we are separate, also have the unwritten policy that allows a blocked buyer to circumvent the block by using a different ID is allowed if there is supposedly no intent to harm the seller?

If so, what good are the blocks?

If there is an issue after the fact, will Ebay cover the seller.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

As some of my questions point out, Ebay is very willing to bend over and benefit the seller but when it comes time to benefit the seller, they do nothing except say that is not in policy.

It is OK to manipulate policy for the benefit of the seller, but not for the buyer.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

This would  make so much sense.  I sell small items like pins and shot glasses and the boxes offered are too big for me to use

The only thing I can use of the items offered is the tape and if you look at the feedback for those, nobody is happy with it so I have never used my coupons,

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

I have been having trouble lately with buyers from the US paying for multiple items. I have sent them a combined shipping invoice. And they are not able to pay. It does not take them to the PayPal link. This is very frustrating for the seller & buyer.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Off the US boards:

With regards to returns, I have been reading of late that for a US seller that ships internationally, and cannot provide a return shipping label to a buyer out of the US,  ebay is saying to send "cash" via PayPal.

This is sort of unbelievable.  Suppose the buyer simply keeps the cash and does not return the item? Is there any recouse for the seller should this happen? 

Thank you  in advance. 

Sending money is only one option; the seller can also provide a prepaid label for the buyer to use.  It is up to the seller to select the option that will work best for them. We don't offer protection for the situation you describe and would recommend providing a label if you are concerned.

What is the situation on the .ca boards since we are separate as personally, I find this absolutely absurd.

You can send cash via PayPal 'pay for goods and services' and specify that the money is for a return shipping label.  If the buyer does not send the item back you can file an item not received claim on PayPal and should win unless  the buyer has online delivery confirmation showing a package was delivered.  I know of a few sellers who did that and they were refunded. You are basically making a purchase and if you don't receive the purchase you can file a claim.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thestuffofchris wrote:

Hi!

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Listing-in-U-S-DOLLARS/m-p/301415#M43455

In the thread linked above, another user noted that, when creating a listing on the eBay app, .CA sellers are still seeing a drop-down menu for CAD/USD even though USD was phased out months ago. I logged onto the app myself and was able to confirm that this was indeed true. After another user asked if I had actually tried to list in USD, I decided to try it and see what happened and it gave a message to switch the listing to CAD. Yet another user said that the drop-down menu also still exists on the .CA website on the older listing form, which is still available to some users.

As I mentioned in the linked thread, my concern about this has nothing to do with wanting to use USD on .CA. Even if it were still possible, I am and always have been a .CA/CAD guy. My concern is that it might be confusing to some users to still have a drop-down menu with a currency option that cannot be used in the first place. Yes, you do get a message to switch back to CAD on both the app and website, but I'm just wondering why the drop-down was left in in the first place especially after all of the effort eBay put in, and how much time users were given, to switch away from USD.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks thestuffofchris. 

You're right. It is no longer possible to create USD listings on eBay.ca, but there are still a couple stray strings out there that still require updating. In a couple of those cases, the flow in question is slated for retirement or replatforming relatively soon, so the changes weren't made up-front like we'd like them to be. Thanks for flagging this to our attention. 

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Last week I showed that any listings I did on .com or .ca showed up as .ca.  You responded as:

"That's definitely unusual, as that column should be reflecting the actual listing site. I'll get this reported as a potential technical issue - thank you for bringing it to my attention!"

On the sold listings it does show what site it was listed on correctly.

sold shows ebaycom.jpg

Hi @musicyouneed - As I've looked for more information on this I've been informed that 'Listed On' is a defunct column that was intended to refer to a specific listing tool. The plan is to remove the column in a future roll out, but currently we do not have a specific time frame for that deprecation. I want to take a closer look at your filter options so you can look at the listing site, but I see you made a separate post for that, I'll get to it in a moment. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dutchman48 wrote:

Who was the, and I will be blunt as usual, idiot that decided to increass offers from 5 to 10?

ust had one of Ebay's great buyers offer, auto decline, offer, auto decline, offer, auto decline, 4th offer I accept and it is immediately cancelled by the great buyer.

When is Ebay going to start making buyers accountable just like they do with the sellers? This type of garbage should not be allowed.

Hi dutchman. I personally agreed to let the US team test that on eBay.ca to see if it generates business lift or unhappy sellers or both. Based on how things go, we may turn that back off or expand it to eBay.ca. I'll use your post as clear unhappy feedback when I share more reaction details with the US team. We do quietly run tests of this sort from time to time - more often in places like Australia than Canada, but every now and then we're asked to help out with a test, and in return for that, we tend to get closer to the front of the line for things we need for our users.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

A buyer bobenis has posted in the GSP Comments / complaints about multiple shipments coming to him through GSP that apparently moved from Kentucky to Canada by USPS and Chicago.

Is this some sort of new leg of the GSP ?

Hi @femmefan1946 - Last mile carriers for GSP in Canada are usually CanPar or CPC, but I haven't heard of a change for Kentucky to Canada. I'll search for their thread and see if we can get more details so we can better clarify. Thanks for the heads up!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dutchman48 wrote:

What is Ebay's position with regards to insurance on a shipment and INR claim and what is the buyers responsibility.

The reason I ask is the insurance wait time is generally 45 days from shipment where Ebay, I believe,  allows 30 days from delivery estimate which can be considerably shorter than 45 days.

How do we get cooperation from Ebay or the buyer if Ebay has already refunded as they do in many cases?

Hi dutchman48.

It's always a good idea for sellers to purchase insurance where available and economically viable for the order, and to pass the cost of the insurance along as part of the item or shipping cost. But for the seller to take advantage of that claim can require some degree of cooperation from the buyer. If the buyer is not doing their part and the seller loses out on insurance because of that, then the seller should raise this through the appeals process. If the appeals process is closed already, it's still worth taking to our support team. If you have any specific situations iike that, message Tyler and he can help get them looked at. 

Hope that helps. 

Message 30 of 46
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

A curiosity question.

Why does my eBay only show 60 days of Sold and Unsold listing?

eBay Selling Manager, eBay Seller Hub and basically all other eBay tools past and present and third party tools like Auctiva, inkFrog, and so on, all show 90 days which is how long items are kept on eBay after the listings are completed.

It would make better sense to have one time period shown for all tools.

@pocomocomputing - Good call out! As the default view for members just getting started with eBay we wanted the 'All Selling' section to avoid overwhelm when it comes to data. We introduced Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro with the longer lookback, and Seller Hub was a continuation of that. Expectations have definitely changed over the years, so I think it's a fair suggestion at this point, so thank you for it!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 31 of 46
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

In regards to my previous post for offers, why when a purchase is cancelled by the buyer and Ebay does Ebay still allow the sale amount to show on their monthly sale totals?

It should come off so it does not distort the seller's sale totals and dad Ebay's sale totals with non existing sales. Maybe they want to pay the seller to make it accurate?

@dutchman48,

To clarify your question, are you talking about the sales totals in the Selling Manager > Summary page?  Is your concern that you are seeing incorrect sales totals, or that your selling limits are affected?  I know that selling limits should be updated every 48 hours.  Not sure on sales totals - I would have to take that offline and come back to you. tyler@ebay may be able to give more insight if you have a specific issue on limits, etc.

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Another curiosity question.

What is the status of these eBay.ca forums format?

These forums are using an old version of the Lithium forums. I believe these forms are the original Lithium forums implement when Lithium was chosen to replace the old forums.

Having seen the disaster of the new Lithium forums version updates over the past two years on eBay.com, I am hoping that the eBay.ca simple clean text only forums design is not changed. However, I do realize these forums are getting out of date as far as Lithium is concerned and eventually they will have to be changed as the design will no longer be supported.

Hi pocomo.

We're waiting and watching while the US team works with Lithium to address feedback and refines it. At some point, we'll hope to follow them, but we have no specific plans just yet. We're tire-kicking. 😉

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

we had touched base on the quarterly coupon for store owners, and the outrageous prices in the store. is there anyway we could use the ebay coupon at other ebay sellers stores. so we can actually have a free market environment, to purchase the actual items we need. as opposed to buying something we don't need at high mark ups just to use the coupon.

i would also be open to using the coupon towards buying more listings.. but i will start a new discussion for that.

@esclyons - this is a concern we're definitely aware of and that feedback has been shared. I think your suggestion is a valuable one, and one I'm happy to make on your behalf. I'll circle back with you if I need more information or clarification (or when I hear back). Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 34 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esclyons wrote:

my next question would be regarding the store sizes.. the basic allows 250 fixed price auctions, which we know is the way it is going. the next level up is 1,000 fixed price listings. is there any chance of getting a store in between the two. for example a store with 500 fixed price listings..

as ebay doesn't distribute free listing promos very often anymore , or at least any promos that are worth anything to the average store owner.  What if they  tried doing a different type of promo.

For example, buy 100 fixed price auctions for  $5.00. no expiry date. or  buy 500 fixed price auctions for $25.00 no expiry date. or the first of the month , make these offers good for the month only..

and of course this offer could only be used by store owners..

Thanks esclyons. I'll pass those suggestions along to our colleagues in pricing and marketing, respectively. 

Store tiers are global in nature so that one isn't likely to happen soon. But it's a good suggestion that has come up before, and you never know. I'll pass along the feedback, and sometimes that's how these things get started. 

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Regarding the UPC catalogs of CD's.  Many times I find that the catalog listing disappears from ebay.  I had the catalogue listing when I first listed it but when I went to relist the catalogue disappeared.   This J. Geils is listed on ebay for another seller but when I went to list it using the same UPC I got no results.  For example:

no results.jpgj geils result.jpg

Hmm - I want to do some checking with the catalog team on this. I can grab this example and get it submitted, but if you have any others handy (preferably one or two more) will you private message them to me so I can include them? Thanks @musicyouneed !
Tyler,
eBay
Message 36 of 46
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Turbo Lister is at end of life for eBay and sellers who used it. From what I read as of June 1st TL will no longer be maintained other than category changes and can be used by sellers at their own risk until it no longer functions well.

I do not understand the logic behind allowing a tool to be used until it no long functions properly or possibly worse still creates listing incorrectly. Sellers are accountable for their listings but being allowed to use a tool that may list incorrectly and then holding them responsible for any inaccuracies seems very silly.

Supposedly the Seller Hub will have some undefined functionalities of Turbo Lister as yet not defined anywhere as far as I know. In the eBay.com forums speculation is that some sort of upload and download of listings for offline backup and creation of listing is what will be added. Which makes sense since that is one of the reasons sellers used Turbo Lister.

Is there any documentation anywhere as to what features are to be added to the Seller Hub from Turbo Lister? What is the progress on these features?

@pocomocomputing,

The announcements about retiring Turbo Lister were only made in regions where Seller Hub is actively in use at the moment (for instance, the US and the UK).  There are no plans to retire Turbo Lister in Canada until we have Seller Hub firmly in place.  Ideally this will happen in 2018, but we are still working on setting a firm timeline.

Regarding features for Seller Hub, there are some FAQs on the US Seller Release that talk about Seller Hub vs. prior tools.  You can also use your account on the US site and opt into Seller Hub if you want to test things with US listings.

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@silverpinups wrote:

Because eBay Management has found a way of giving sellers something without actually giving them anything.

The coupon or credit is given to purchase eBay branded shipping supplies that eBay purchases for pennies on the dollar.

eBay makes money on the supplies or overages when the coupon doesn't cover the entire cost of the order.

eBay will also receive free advertising when sellers use the packing materials for their shipments. 

Any seller can go to Staples and purchase exactly what they need for a fraction of the price. 

A fair alternative would be to credit sellers with a coupon that can be used to purchase anything they want or desire on eBay (eBay Bucks program comes to mind).

eBay will still make money on FVF's from any purchases generated through the coupon but that is still too generous for eBay Management to consider... 

We aren't making money by giving away shipping supplies. We really do have to pay for them, and to ship them to you. Of course we get a discount on that, and we love getting our logo out there - that's the whole point. We would like sellers to use eBay branded shipping supplies if they are so inclined. 

The coupons are provided for your use, and you are free to not use them if you don't want to.

I love your idea of rewarding folks with the ability to buy more stuff on our platform in general. That's a good suggestion.  

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@musicyouneed wrote:

I too agree that the .com boards are a mess.  I used to read them, now they are useless to me.

Well, we're glad to have you here hanging out with us instead. 

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Also last week you said that using advanced search I could search to see what listings on listed on .com and what on .ca.  I tried to do that and on both sites this is what I got.  It doesn't allow me to search that way.

advanced search.jpg

If you're using the Advanced search option, from the drop down change Title to 'Site', and that will change your options. If you're still having trouble please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 40 of 46
latest reply