June 21 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy all,

Opening up the thread for our Weekly Chat Session for June 21, 2017. This thread will be open until tomorrow, so please post any questions or subjects for which you would like eBay support.

Many of you have requested an ongoing list of open and resolved items, so we will try to keep a running list going when we open these weekly chats.  Here is the current version - more detailed responses can be found in a previous chat thread.

Open issues:

• Browse pages and Search pages showing different results for same category
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice - we need more details to investigate.  Can the original reporter please let us know the status
  • Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages - We are working with the Shipping team to figure out the issue and a solution. 
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Adding Economy International Shipping - requested here
  • Handling times not being added properly - requested here
  • Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com - bug report filed on our end

Updates:

• Review Economy Intl Shipping EDDs for Canadian items listed on eBay.com - Resolved
  • "Apply my Combined Shipping Discounts" option unavailable on Revise - Resolved
  • Incomplete ID History - Resolved
  • Request Total unavailable - Resolved 
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - Resolved

Speak to you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

tyler@ebay wrote:

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Tyler, I had to call ebay this evening regarding a refund of shipping I was doing for a buyer.  They had purchased 6 CD's from me, 4 on ebay.ca and 2 on ebay.com.  The money that they paid from shipping on .ca for the 4 would cover the shipping of all 6 CD's.  While on the phone with ebay, I refunded the $6.00 USD shipping in paypal and asked her to give me an ebay credit for FVF for the $6.00 USD shipping I refunded, which I figured would be 60 cents US.  Well the CSR said I would not get a refund on my FVF on shipping even if I refunded.  

Many times I have refunded shipping especially on multiple purchases and many times do not know what the shipping will be until I go to the PO, each time it is different based on weight and where I am shipping to.  Each time I call Ebay, I have got my FVF on shipping refunded, except for this time.  Is this something that is new or did she make a mistake?  How do I get my FVF back on the shipping refunded?

Hi @musicyouneed - ultimately our goal is to be able to get you the tools necessary for you not to have to worry about incremental overages on shipping. Combined shipping and promotional shipping rules usually work and prevent the need for you to request such a credit, but I get that there are situations where that won't always work out. I'm glad you did right by the buyer and got them that partial, and if you'll PM me I'll make sure that you get the credit of the fees.

In general, there is not a rule that says 'no credits for partial refunds of shipping', so I'm confused why you would be told that. I'd also expect that if you were going to be denied that you would also be offered coaching on implementing a solution that would work for you and not require you to request it rather than telling you that you needed to eat that loss. Will you let me know the time of your call (if you made multiple yesterday) so I can have it reviewed and coached when you PM me? Thanks!

Again, .ca and .com are supposed to be separate and should be shipped separately. It has never been possible to allow combined shipping on the 2 sites. Hence why they probably said no refund for the FVF.

If everything is shipped together it will create claim issues etc

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:
I shipped an item and told buyer It was cheaper to send then I thought and I would be sending back some money to them. Instead of getting a thank you, buyer called me a liar and wanted their money back. They live in Mexico so I tried to explain this was a good thing. I was called a liar again, and things went downhill from there. They wanted a tracking number and I tried to explain that in Canada there is no tracking number for an item shipped in a brown envelope. I do not trust this buyer. If they want their payment back an hour after I told them it was shipped AND offered some payment back

Since there is no tracking number, how am I protected? I have received pages upon pages of complaining, and wanting their money back within an hour of shipment

Who'd have thought that a partial refund of shipping would cause such a stir, eh @bunbar? I can see how you'd be left feeling uncertain and concerned.

When it comes to protections available, based on what you've stated there don't seem to be many available. You're protected against a claim of non-receipt if you can provide tracking that indicates an attempted or actual delivery. As this wasn't sent with tracking, that's not something that you'd qualify for.

We can look at specifics as they occur, but it's difficult for me to address hypothetical situations without data, and I'd just end up speaking generally. Please keep us posted as things happen, and thank you for being patient with a buyer who seems to not understand what you've done for them!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Another issue that has come up on the US boards.

If a buyer purchases multiple items and pays with one combined payment and has an issue with one item and a claim is opened, it will be for the total purchase which is totally ridiculous.

Why are they not kept separate and only the item at issue should be dealt with?

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

I would like some answers to last weeks questions. You asked me to PM you but you had PM turned off. I then PM'd qottie to relay to you and have heard nothing since

Sorry for the message mix-up, Qottie got me your message (and helped me fix the PM issue), and I see that you linked me to a .com weekly chat that advised contact if you feel the buyer is avoiding a block. Neither of us have received any other messages with specific examples, but I wanted to recap here in case I missed any:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... It looks like Rodney addressed this concern.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... Still happy to help with this if you have specific instances where your insurance claim has been denied because of buyer's lack of cooperation! Just PM me details.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... To clarify: if you're looking at the summary totals those may not update to include cancelled or removed transactions, as there are widgets that simply track static data. If you're referring to your monthly selling limits those should be updating within 48 hours of a cancellation. Happy to look at specific transactions if you'd like to PM me those examples.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... I think Qottie addressed this one, but if you need more detail please let us know!

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... Still happy to review any specific cases you have.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... : If you have any examples of buyers abusing your blocks please report the buyer, or consider sending me a PM with that information so I can investigate further.

Thanks!

Sorry, but most are not answered.

I am asking what Ebay Canada's positions are on these issues, not if I have any examples. I don't want to do something or run into situations, then find out there are problems. A lot of what is posted on the US chat is held to be true as that is what CS will use. Whether it is in policy or not does no longer seem to be an issue.

I am only trying to find out how what happens on .com will affect us even though we are supposed to be separate from them.

Sorry for the confusion! If you'll let us know which questions you don't feel have been answered please let us know so we can work on getting further clarification.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week everyone, the chat is now closed. See you next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 25 of 25
latest reply