June 28 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy all,

Opening up the thread for our Weekly Chat Session for June 28, 2017. This thread will be open until tomorrow, so please post any questions or subjects for which you would like eBay support.

Many of you have requested an ongoing list of open and resolved items, so we will try to keep a running list going when we open these weekly chats.  Here is the current version - more detailed responses can be found in a previous chat thread. See you then!

Open issues:

• Browse pages and Search pages showing different results for same category
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice - we need more details to investigate.  Can the original reporter please let us know the status
  • Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages - We are working with the Shipping team to figure out the issue and a solution. 
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Adding Economy International Shipping - requested here
  • Handling times not being added properly - requested here
  • Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com - bug report filed on our end
Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I don't know how many times this question has been asked, but here it is again -----

When is ebay.ca going to repair the problem of Freezing.  or the error stating ebay is not responding, part and parcel of the freezing problem?? 

What seems to be the problem and when do we expect a solution is forthcoming?

Murphcrud

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

same question as above, why on earth am i getting an amazon bar with an item for sale on a constant drop-down at  the top of my screen on ebay. that will not go away..

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Yes, Site Freezing, Certificate Verification Security Alert among other issues are a consistent problem on eBay.CA. No one should have to download Ad Blocker to be able to surf on eBay.CA.

eBay.COM works perfectly and I don't have Ad Blocker.

Internet Explorer is unbearable on eBay.CA and I have to use Google Chrome which is better but it still freezes up from time to time.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

We sell on eBay.ca and eBay.com.
We were shocked to find OUR items being sold on another
website that is NOT eBay.  Why is that?????????????

For example – we have some lamp parts listed on eBay.com
which on their site our price is shown as 1152 yen (CA$13.51).
Their price on OUR parts is 4590 yen (CA$53.81).

(Have a look.  Be sure to scroll down. 
Sellers - Check the website to see which of your listings are there.)

Why is eBay allowing a third party to hijack OUR auctions
without OUR permission  to sell OUR items on their website
using OUR pictures and OUR descriptions?

WE find the products, take the pictures, do the listings and
PAY THE FEES and they reap the benefits!
Wow! something wrong here.  Would like an explanation.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

pages hanging, timing out, FIVE HOURS to list 15 items .... when is this insanity going to be fixed or is it another "shopping cart" situation. This site has become a broken down ad billboard and sellers and buyers are the background noise.

ALL DAY YESTERDAY click sell tab, page not responding, phoned ebay, "your call can not be answered due to technical issues" ebay, get your house FIXED the walls have caved in and half the roof ... can't list, can't buy, but the ads work zipity do da all day long

I have heard that "Chrome" is coming out with a new browser that has a built in ad blocker .... will eBay be supporting that or is it their work around to not be able to stop this head ache that sellers are indirectly paying for, I thought I was paying to list and sell, not go dizzy watching the ball spin around.

If you want "specifics" ebay call me and I'll give you 5 hours worth instead of listing 15 measly items

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Yes, Site Freezing, Certificate Verification Security Alert among other issues are a consistent problem on eBay.CA.

This is what the Security Alert pop-up on Internet Explorer says;

The identity of this website or the integrity of this connection cannot be verified. also... The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

HEAR ! HEAR !

NOT A SINGLE WORD IS INCORRECT!   LET'S GET WITH THE PROGRAM.    DOTCOM works without nearly a hiccup - why not DOTCA?????  This has been going on way too long.

Ae they wanting to discontinue DOTCA and force us all to DOTCOM? 

PREY TELL.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@gwrocen wrote:

We sell on eBay.ca and eBay.com.
We were shocked to find OUR items being sold on another
website that is NOT eBay.  Why is that?????????????

For example – we have some lamp parts listed on eBay.com
which on their site our price is shown as 1152 yen (CA$13.51).
Their price on OUR parts is 4590 yen (CA$53.81).

(Have a look.  Be sure to scroll down. 
Sellers - Check the website to see which of your listings are there.)

Why is eBay allowing a third party to hijack OUR auctions
without OUR permission  to sell OUR items on their website
using OUR pictures and OUR descriptions?

WE find the products, take the pictures, do the listings and
PAY THE FEES and they reap the benefits!
Wow! something wrong here.  Would like an explanation.

Hi @gwrocen - happy to clarify:

Sekaimon is a partnership between eBay and Shop Airlines in Japan to allow Japanese users to view/bid/buy eBay items listed on US/UK/DE sites just as if they were listed in Japan. Shop Airlines handles purchasing, shipping and customer service for those users.

If you notice, this isn't a resell of your item - your user id and Top Rated badge are prominent on the right hand side of your listing.

Many Japanese buyers prefer to browse and search for items in their native language, and this partnership allows them to do so, while opening up your items to a completely different segment of the world population that may not otherwise have been looking for your goods.

Because of the nature of the partnership you don't have to do anything other than list your items on .com in order for them to be visible to Japanese buyers on this platform. Purchases made through Sekaimon will appear as normal US transactions on your end. Let us know if you have more questions!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@murphcrud@esclyons@silverpinups@silverpinups@izzame@murphcrud,

Re: freezing eBay.ca, what browser(s) are you using to access eBay.ca? What page do you see the site freeze and become none responsive?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esclyons wrote:

same question as above, why on earth am i getting an amazon bar with an item for sale on a constant drop-down at  the top of my screen on ebay. that will not go away..

Hi esclyons. 

Sounds to me like you've picked up a computer virus somehow. Since Amazon is our competition, you can be sure this is not a paid ad or an experience that eBay is serving up. You've likely got some malware on your system. I recommend you do a full system scan with a reputable virus protection product asap. The presence of malware like this could mean that more dangerous things such as keystroke loggers are also present on your system. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Last week I mentioned that I was unable to add to the genre on CD's.  It is still happening.  I know it says enter your own but it doesn't allow you to do that I tried   several times.  It is still greyed out.  

enter your own.jpg

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Last week I mentioned that I was unable to add to the genre on CD's.  It is still happening.  I know it says enter your own but it doesn't allow you to do that I tried   several times.  It is still greyed out.  

enter your own.jpg

Hiya @musicyouneed - sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. Would you mind saving that as a draft, and sending me a PM with the genre you're trying to add so I can do some testing on my end to rule out a technical issue? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @gwrocen - happy to clarify:

Sekaimon is a partnership between eBay and Shop Airlines in Japan to allow Japanese users to view/bid/buy eBay items listed on US/UK/DE sites just as if they were listed in Japan. Shop Airlines handles purchasing, shipping and customer service for those users.

If you notice, this isn't a resell of your item - your user id and Top Rated badge are prominent on the right hand side of your listing.

Many Japanese buyers prefer to browse and search for items in their native language, and this partnership allows them to do so, while opening up your items to a completely different segment of the world population that may not otherwise have been looking for your goods.

Because of the nature of the partnership you don't have to do anything other than list your items on .com in order for them to be visible to Japanese buyers on this platform. Purchases made through Sekaimon will appear as normal US transactions on your end. Let us know if you have more questions!

Be that as it may but.............................
Comments on the internet about Shop Airlines is quite negative
as they do not accept liability for THEIR shipping from their USA location to Japan.

They receive the parcels in California (?) and repack them.  Ship them on to Japan.

Items are received in perfect condition in 3 to 7 days in California.
30 days later the seller has a claim filed for damaged goods.

We had that happen to us earlier this year.
Product was received in California in perfect condition.
No notice that the item was damaged when received in California and repacked to ship to Japan.
Thirty days later we are informed by the Japanese buyer that the item was damaged when received.
Luckily, eBay disallowed the claim because of the time lapse between receipt in California and the filling of the claim.
Obviously we were responsible for shipping only to California. 
Reshipper was responsible for shipping from California to Japan.

Still do not like the idea of Shop Airlines making huge profits at the expense of other eBay sellers
let alone what they charge the Japanese buyers.

This is just our own opinion. 
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Be that as it may but.............................
Comments on the internet about Shop Airlines is quite negative
as they do not accept liability for THEIR shipping from their USA location to Japan.

They receive the parcels in California (?) and repack them.  Ship them on to Japan.

Items are received in perfect condition in 3 to 7 days in California.
30 days later the seller has a claim filed for damaged goods.

We had that happen to us earlier this year.
Product was received in California in perfect condition.
No notice that the item was damaged when received in California and repacked to ship to Japan.
Thirty days later we are informed by the Japanese buyer that the item was damaged when received.
Luckily, eBay disallowed the claim because of the time lapse between receipt in California and the filling of the claim.
Obviously we were responsible for shipping only to California. 
Reshipper was responsible for shipping from California to Japan.

Still do not like the idea of Shop Airlines making huge profits at the expense of other eBay sellers
let alone what they charge the Japanese buyers.

This is just our own opinion. 

It's not our intention to limit your visibility or increase your liability, if your listings offer international shipping they would show up in organic searches on eBay.co.jp. Additionally, buyers are able to search eBay.com without penalty - we don't prohibit or force people to Sekaimon over another eBay page.

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on it as well, and if you have any specific situations that arise because of this please don't hesitate to reach out to me and let me know so I can take a look at it. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

qottie
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week everyone, the chat is now closed.

On a more personal note, this will be my last Weekly Chat on the forums, as I am leaving eBay to pursue another opportunity.  From next week onwards, the weekly chats will still be held (at the usual time) in the capable hands of tyler@ebay, @Anonymous, and @a.depour.

It has been my pleasure to assist all of you on the forums, and I wish you all much success in your eBay selling careers / hobbies / etc.

Best,

Scott

Message 16 of 16
latest reply