May 25th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

We are back with the weekly chat session. I'll keep the thread open all day today.

About the migration tool:

Even though I have been unable to participate in the various threads going on this subject, every post written has been read. We have a first wave of enhancements coming very soon, in a matter of days. We will also continue to improve as much as possible.

Open issues:

• View Order Details page showing erroneous currency conversion
  • FVF on shipping charged on international sales even when there was free domestic shipping
  • Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• Selling limits live items count discrepancy - Trouble shooting was performed, we believe the discrepancy in the use case submitted was due to categories (some categories don't have the same limits rules). We are investigating further.
  • Wrong tax rates applied to PayPal labels - Issue resolved on May 7. Please see supplemental post on this subject.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Will the deadline be extended even further beyond June 14th,  for new listings created on eBay.ca needed to be listed in Canadian dollars, as well as Good ’Til Cancelled listings in CAD only beyond August due to the Migration Tool FULL of glitches.

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Good morning Raphael 

I have to get out the door shortly for a medical appt, so I'll copy and paste from a post I made a couple of days ago: 

The migration tool told me I had 1442 listings to migrate, which I thought was too low a number. Thanks to a great tip from "reallynicestamps" I have completed those listings. (The tip was to sort listings by title, which makes finding duplicates a lot easier and quicker. Thank you very much reallynicestamps.)  It wasn't fun or profitable. Next step was to bulk edit all of my listings on .com to make sure my shipping was set up the way I wanted. No such luck. When I tried to edit the first 500 listings I was told 118 of them couldn't be edited because they were created on .ca. I figure I have another 1000 listings that the migration tool hasn't picked up. I've sent an email to Raphael, but meanwhile does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this problem?

Is this a wide spread problem, and what is being done about it? As Merritt said, will we be offered an extension to deadline if needed?

Al 

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Either I am more of a technodolt than I am willing to admit, or the Migration Tool does not work on Macs.

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

I'ts okay Femme, it doesn't work all that well on PCs either. 

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

The Migration Tool was finally released....

and then came the news....  There are problems with its use...

As the problems added up the credibility of the tool dropped.

Canadian sellers are looking at alternative ways to do the adjustments .

- - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - -

For those that will stay on eBay Canada.

It will be a Bulk edit for item price and for shipping cost.....

Changing from US to Canadian dollars is a problem...  It can only be done one listings at a time 

A bulk edit option for converting listings from US to Canadian dollars would help.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

For those that will move their listings to eBay.com

Item price is no changing 

Shipping cost is no change...  but Canada becomes international shipping and US shipping becomes domestic.

And then  the upload will become eBay.com.

Many will most likely be looking to use Turbolister....  except for MAC people  who cannot use Turbolister.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Sellers will most likely choose to do things using procedures that they know, understand and know how to use ... They will get a result they can trust.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

eBay's biggest problem becomes the Canadian sellers with thousands, and thousand more listings... How can they do things  and not feel that they will lose in the long run.   Lots to do using a Tool they cannot trust.

Canadian sellers will survive ... but ,  and that is a big but.......  what next....

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

The Migration Tool is an eBay tool  that is used on eBay.

The tool  is not downloaded to a seller's computer.

Having a Mac computer  should not be a problem....

and if there is a problem... the problem  is the same as that being experienced by other Canadian sellers.

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Hi Raphael, here are 3 more numbers where I was charged FVF on shipping when I had free domestic shipping.  

I called ebay and they told me that they will credit my account for those 3.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Raphael -  I want to bring another serious problem with Paypal labels to your attention.  When printing labels with two or more items only one item is printed on the label, but it is printed multiple times.  This has happened to me twice.

In the first occurrence the package had 2 items (a comic book and music cd).  When I printed the label the music cd info was printed twice and no mention of the comic anywhere on the label!  This error of course meant the item contents, values and weights were all listed incorrectly as only one items info was listed twice on the label. 

I had this happen again today when I printed a label with two magazines and only the info for the second magazine printed on the label twice.

This is a serious problem that needs to be brought to the attention of the appropriate people ASAP so that it can be corrected. 

This is happening to other sellers as well.  There is a thread in the Sellers section titled - A different problem with Paypal labels - that has more about this issue.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Changing from US to Canadian dollars is a problem...  It can only be done one listings at a time 

A bulk edit option for converting listings from US to Canadian dollars would help.

Yes.  The instructions should be:

Change currency to Canadian dollars.

Choose by what percent you wish to change your amount. (With a dropdown of  No Change, +1%, +2%.+ 3% ,+4%,+ 5%)

Would that be difficult?

For those that will move their listings to eBay.com

I can move these manually, but the pictures are a problem. I will have to rescan any items I want to move.

So those may stay on dotCA until closer to August.

Many will most likely be looking to use Turbolister....  except for MAC people  who cannot use Turbolister.

There is GarageSale, but it was difficult to upload when I tried a few years (or a decade?) ago, and my technodolt kicked in.

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

femmefan, I don't know what the difference  would be, but I had no problems with pictures when I moved my listings to .com. But MG, there's 24 hours of my life I'll never get back. 

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Issue noted with the View Order Detail screen:

When I look at an item I sold in US $ (listed on .com) using the .ca site, the view order details page is showing the "canadian $" sale price but the calculation is wrong. A US$1.50  is showing as C$1.31 (pic attached). This conversion is a new "feature" since the items always showed the US $ in the past. If I log in to the .com site it shows the correct US $ sale value.

Second example - multiple US$ sold items (US$ on .com) on same order showing wrong individual C$ and then a wrong total order value.

I think it should continue to show the US$ value as this was the currency of the transaction but at the very least the C$ values should be calculated correctly.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

This chat session is very quiet....  

The Discussion Boards on eBay Canada are very quiet..

Could it be that Canadian sellers are busy making adjustments  to listings.

Many have chosen to proceed using tools with a known and trusted history.....  

Lots of work... time consuming ..... but a totally trusted result.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

Will the deadline be extended even further beyond June 14th,  for new listings created on eBay.ca needed to be listed in Canadian dollars, as well as Good ’Til Cancelled listings in CAD only beyond August due to the Migration Tool FULL of glitches.

Hi merritt-motorcycle-salvage,

At this time we aren't planning to further push the June 14 and August 2 dates.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

@photosalp wrote:

Good morning Raphael 

I have to get out the door shortly for a medical appt, so I'll copy and paste from a post I made a couple of days ago: 

The migration tool told me I had 1442 listings to migrate, which I thought was too low a number. Thanks to a great tip from "reallynicestamps" I have completed those listings. (The tip was to sort listings by title, which makes finding duplicates a lot easier and quicker. Thank you very much reallynicestamps.)  It wasn't fun or profitable. Next step was to bulk edit all of my listings on .com to make sure my shipping was set up the way I wanted. No such luck. When I tried to edit the first 500 listings I was told 118 of them couldn't be edited because they were created on .ca. I figure I have another 1000 listings that the migration tool hasn't picked up. I've sent an email to Raphael, but meanwhile does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this problem?

Is this a wide spread problem, and what is being done about it? As Merritt said, will we be offered an extension to deadline if needed?

Al 

Hello Al,

This has only been reported once as far as I know. I have alerted the developer and we have been trying to reproduce the issue with no success. This doesn't mean I don't believe your report, but we are unable to fix an issue until we find it. Do you happen to know some of the original item numbers that were not converted properly? That data would greatly help, if you can, please send it over via email.

For what it's worth, we will soon be enhancing the tool with a "reprocess" feature, allowing you to create drafts again on items that either didn't work properly or for which the new draft was lost for any reason. This will allow you to re-migrate those items that didn't work.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Either I am more of a technodolt than I am willing to admit, or the Migration Tool does not work on Macs.

Hi femmefan1946,

I am on a Mac myself and the tool works on my computer. What browser are you using?

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Raphael, here are 3 more numbers where I was charged FVF on shipping when I had free domestic shipping.  

I called ebay and they told me that they will credit my account for those 3.

Hi musicyouneed,

Thanks for sharing these and glad you are getting credited. I'll add them to the work ticket we have open for this.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Raphael -  I want to bring another serious problem with Paypal labels to your attention.  When printing labels with two or more items only one item is printed on the label, but it is printed multiple times.  This has happened to me twice.

In the first occurrence the package had 2 items (a comic book and music cd).  When I printed the label the music cd info was printed twice and no mention of the comic anywhere on the label!  This error of course meant the item contents, values and weights were all listed incorrectly as only one items info was listed twice on the label. 

I had this happen again today when I printed a label with two magazines and only the info for the second magazine printed on the label twice.

This is a serious problem that needs to be brought to the attention of the appropriate people ASAP so that it can be corrected. 

This is happening to other sellers as well.  There is a thread in the Sellers section titled - A different problem with Paypal labels - that has more about this issue. 

Hi forester_studios,

Sorry that you're facing more issues with PayPal labels. I have reached out to my contact to add your report to my previous ones.

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

@theodoreides wrote:

Issue noted with the View Order Detail screen:

When I look at an item I sold in US $ (listed on .com) using the .ca site, the view order details page is showing the "canadian $" sale price but the calculation is wrong. A US$1.50  is showing as C$1.31 (pic attached). This conversion is a new "feature" since the items always showed the US $ in the past. If I log in to the .com site it shows the correct US $ sale value.

Second example - multiple US$ sold items (US$ on .com) on same order showing wrong individual C$ and then a wrong total order value.

I think it should continue to show the US$ value as this was the currency of the transaction but at the very least the C$ values should be calculated correctly.

Thanks theodoreides, I have reached out to the team who owns the order details page to report this.

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Hi femmefan1946,

I am on a Mac myself and the tool works on my computer. What browser are you using?

A better question is what browser and version are you using that works? !!!

Only Apple Safari and Firefox are listed on this help page on eBay.ca recommended browsers

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/browser.html

Message 20 of 37
latest reply