November 16th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• RESOLVED - Economy Shipping from Outside the US giving wrong EDDs (7-14 biz days instead of 11-23)
  • Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates
  • "Apply my Combined Shipping Discounts" option unavailable on Revise
  • Incomplete ID History
  • Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Good morning, 

I think that 

• CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)

Has resolved itself. I don't see it happening in any of my Cart experiments anymore.

Have you found a resolution for the issue with the calculated shipping tool and Tracked Packet that I raised last week? 

Thanks,

Maureen

p.s. I have other issues but I'll post them one at a time for clarity.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

There is a bug with calculated shipping showing the incorrect amount in the List View of Search Results.

Take a search for any item, for example, UPC 887961314670. The amount that shows for shipping is incorrect when one checks it against the Item page. List View seems to display Canada Post counter rate, regardless of the rate the seller has set, like mine with discounts. And international is showing too high too. 

Other examples: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Is-there-a-known-bug-with-shipping-in-List-View-on-a-Sear...

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Finally, this is more of a curiosity to me.

How did I become a Top Reviewer without ever having composed a Product Review on ebay ever?

The badge showed up suddenly on my profile on the weekend. I have, in fact written a pair of Guides on ebay.co.uk that I'd like to see acknowledged on ebay Canada but never an actual Product Review. The closest I've comet that was to vote ' thumbs-up' or 'thumbs-down' on another user's product review no more than four times because of its relevance or lack thereof. Is this due to that? 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Canadian-PowerSellers-Discussion/I-m-a-what-now-Top-Rated-Reviewer/td-p...

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Wait, one more thing:

Yay to the ebay.com Shopping Cart and ebay.co.uk Shopping Basket allowing our listings now!

Discovering this was very exciting to me. I look forward to seeing real results over the holidays. 

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good morning, 

I think that 

• CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)

Has resolved itself. I don't see it happening in any of my Cart experiments anymore.

Have you found a resolution for the issue with the calculated shipping tool and Tracked Packet that I raised last week? 

Thanks,

Maureen

p.s. I have other issues but I'll post them one at a time for clarity. 

Hi Maureen, Thanks for confirming about the free shipping issue. I saw a note that work had been done on a broader issue but wanted to wait before taking it off the list.

For your calculator issue, I have engaged with Canada Post and Pitney Bowes (PB powers the rates on that calculator). I'm waiting to hear back.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

There is a bug with calculated shipping showing the incorrect amount in the List View of Search Results.

Take a search for any item, for example, UPC 887961314670. The amount that shows for shipping is incorrect when one checks it against the Item page. List View seems to display Canada Post counter rate, regardless of the rate the seller has set, like mine with discounts. And international is showing too high too. 

Other examples: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Is-there-a-known-bug-with-shipping-in-List-View-on-a-Sear...

Hi Rapael,

I did see  this happen on a few US sellers listings on .com a couple of months ago, it may still be an issue, I'm not sure.  I think (but am not positive) that their preferences were also set up to give buyers a dicount of the calculated rate.  In Maureen's case her stated discount is 20% and that seems to be the amount in the difference between the search page and shipping cost on the listing itself.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Thanks for the report. I have reached out to the Search team to investigate.

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

I notice that you don't  have on your list a problem discussed last week with the economy shipping from outside of the US time frame given.  The time given to sellers in the syi form is 11-23 days but it is still showing buyers 7-14 days on both .ca and .com.

example:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Antique-Sewing-Pattern-1912-Edwardian-Skirt-w-Tulip-Hem-MULTI-SIZE-XSm-to-XL-...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Sewing-Pattern-1912-Edwardian-Skirt-w-Tulip-Hem-MULTI-SIZE-XSm-to-XL...

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Finally, this is more of a curiosity to me.

How did I become a Top Reviewer without ever having composed a Product Review on ebay ever?

The badge showed up suddenly on my profile on the weekend. I have, in fact written a pair of Guides on ebay.co.uk that I'd like to see acknowledged on ebay Canada but never an actual Product Review. The closest I've comet that was to vote ' thumbs-up' or 'thumbs-down' on another user's product review no more than four times because of its relevance or lack thereof. Is this due to that? 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Canadian-PowerSellers-Discussion/I-m-a-what-now-Top-Rated-Reviewer/td-p... 

This one is kind of a head scratcher! I asked a colleague to look into it.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Hi Rapael,

I did see  this happen on a few US sellers listings on .com a couple of months ago, it may still be an issue, I'm not sure.  I think (but am not positive) that their preferences were also set up to give buyers a dicount of the calculated rate.  In Maureen's case her stated discount is 20% and that seems to be the amount in the difference between the search page and shipping cost on the listing itself. 

Hi pj,

This is great intel. Thank you.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Yes, the problem of the shipping timelines shown on .com listings appears to be continuing.  Here's an example from one of my listings -- #162067531226 (screen shots below also).  I recently re-set all my "domestic" .com shipping to 11-23 day economy service, yet the delivery dates shown by eBay on the listings is 10-17 business days (between Nov. 30 and Dec. 9, from today's date).  This is shown not only on the face of the listing, but also under the "Shipping" section (see below). 

I also have to wonder what effect that lettering in bright orange may be having on my U.S. buyers, i.e. "Please note the delivery estimate is greater than 8 business days".  They can already see "Located in Canada", and "Economy Shipping from Outside the U.S.".  Why is the prominent long delivery reminder also necessary?  The fact is, I tell every one of my U.S. customers what their actual expected delivery date is -- with Light/Small Packet USA I tell them 6 to 8 business days (and in reality, it's mostly faster than that).  

2016-Nov16-Shipping Time2.jpg

2016-Nov16-Shipping Time.jpg

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I notice that you don't  have on your list a problem discussed last week with the economy shipping from outside of the US time frame given.  The time given to sellers in the syi form is 11-23 days but it is still showing buyers 7-14 days on both .ca and .com.

example:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Antique-Sewing-Pattern-1912-Edwardian-Skirt-w-Tulip-Hem-MULTI-SIZE-XSm-to-XL-...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Sewing-Pattern-1912-Edwardian-Skirt-w-Tulip-Hem-MULTI-SIZE-XSm-to-XL...

Sory, I forgot to add this to the list but I have been working on it though. I have added it now.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Hi Raphael, yesterday I had a customer from Australia wanting to buy 4 of my items. (I list on .com). She emailed me to say that when she went to pay she got a message that I do not combine shipping. I checked my Preferences and I DO show to combine shipping. I was able to send her a revised invoice. I usually have no problem when selling multiple items, at least to the US or Canada. Do you know what is causing this and can it be fixed? I do sell quite a few items to Australia.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

One other problem: About three weeks ago another member mentioned about the Order Details page printing very small. Its still that way, and even though I don't need reading glasses its VERY hard to make out the printing. Almost need a magnifying glass to read the numbers. This is when you click on the Printer Friendly Page to print and there seems to be no way to adjust the print size before printing. This happens when printing from .ca and .com. Can this please be fixed, this is the page I use for copying the shipping address and also keep this copy or my records. (otherwise I'm going to have to buy some reading glasses!)

Thanks.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Hi Raphael, yesterday I had a customer from Australia wanting to buy 4 of my items. (I list on .com). She emailed me to say that when she went to pay she got a message that I do not combine shipping. I checked my Preferences and I DO show to combine shipping. I was able to send her a revised invoice. I usually have no problem when selling multiple items, at least to the US or Canada. Do you know what is causing this and can it be fixed? I do sell quite a few items to Australia.

Exactly this scenario happened to me twice recently as a buyer.  In both cases, the "Seller does not combine shipping" message came up when I selected "Request Total" at checkout, and I couldn't get any further.  I ended up having to email the seller for a revised invoice.  

Raphael, has there been any further word on the "Request Total" process not functioning as it used to?

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Good evening,

Can you tell us more about Charity Donations? I don't recall seeing this before. I'd like to know more before i add it to my listings just to see what it does. What charities are available? 

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 8.21.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 8.21.31 PM.png

With so many changes as of late, it makes me ever more hopeful that sellers on ebay.ca will soon see Promotions Manager made available to us. Is that coming? Please say yes. 

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

My question relates to the Fee Illustrator for stores  and the selling of Books compared to Collectables .

The Fee  Illustrator is tested with 4000 fixed price  listings  and changing the category from Books to Collectables.

Fee Illustrator link to 

http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

When I do a calculation for 4,000 listings of book    the insertion fee for fixed price listings  is the same for all three levels of a store.... That is 5 cents

When it is for 4,000 listings of Collectables the insertion fee  is 20 cents for a Basic store, 10 cents for a Premium Store and 5 cents  for an  Anchor Store.

Why does it do this for books....

When eBay's store fees are checked, the fixed price insertion fee  varies among store level.

Link to 

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/stores/Subscriptions.html

Is the Fee Illustrator right or is it wrong for Books?

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Good morning everyone,

Before I start replying to posts from last night and this morning, I'm happy to announce that the EDDs on Economy Shipping from Outside the US have been restored to 11-23 days. You should see your listings with the appropriate dates now.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Thanks.

Hi msmaggie060,

I just tried putting a few of your items in the shopping cart and proceeded to checkout on the AU site and wasn't shown any message about you not combining shipping. Can you send me a quick email with more details, the items that your buyer was purchasing and the buyer's user ID? I'll try from their account.

Message 20 of 35
latest reply