November 23rd 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Browse pages and Search pages showing different results for same category
  • "Apply my Combined Shipping Discounts" option unavailable on Revise
  • Incomplete ID History
  • Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages - Shipping team working to fix
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates - Report sent to Pitney Bowes and Canada Post for investigation
  • RESOLVED - Economy Shipping from Outside the US giving wrong EDDs (7-14 biz days instead of 11-23)
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Raphael, perhaps you could pass this on....

This happened to me and at least 2 other sellers that I'm aware of.  A buyer paid with an echeque and although it cleared in PayPal, the icon in eBay showed that it was still pending.  In my case I noticed that it had cleared so mailed the item the following day but when I checked a few days later, payment was still showing as pending on eBay.  I eventually forced it to change to the paid icon. For me, this  happened on the Oct 27 transaction on item 351866200145. 

Message 101 of 104
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

The seller called Paypal for advice (and also an explanation as to how a INR case could be open on the first business day) and was told to ship it. So she did. Other people are saying the seller should have canceled it and issued the buyer a refund. But the buyer at no time asked for one, she just opened an INR on paypal out of the blue. If the seller had canceled and refunded on ebay, instead of shipping, would she have gotten a defect for cancelling an order without buyer consent? We are of conflicting opinions with this, as to how it should best have been handled. I'm puzzled by the whole scenario, beginning with the reason paypal let the buyer open an INR on Monday morning after a weekend purchase. 

I can't speak to PayPal's ways of enforcing their rules, but if you boil this down, both the seller and the buyer want to conclude the transaction, INR claim or not. Why not just do that? Ship the item, provide tracking, be done with it. That's what I would do.

If the seller responded by cancelling the sale on eBay, yes that would result in a seller cancellation defect.

Message 102 of 104
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Raphael, perhaps you could pass this on....

This happened to me and at least 2 other sellers that I'm aware of.  A buyer paid with an echeque and although it cleared in PayPal, the icon in eBay showed that it was still pending.  In my case I noticed that it had cleared so mailed the item the following day but when I checked a few days later, payment was still showing as pending on eBay.  I eventually forced it to change to the paid icon. For me, this  happened on the Oct 27 transaction on item 351866200145. 

It happens sometimes that eBay and PayPal don't immediately become aware of changes made on the other side. Thanks for the report. I'll pass it on.

Message 103 of 104
latest reply

This concludes our session for this week. As a reminder, there will be no session next week, and I will return on Dec 7th for my final weekly session as an employee of eBay Canada. hope to see you then!

Message 104 of 104
latest reply