October 19th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice
  • Followers list not displaying properly
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Good morning, Raphael.

Two things today. Both are glitches. One is Paypal. There is a problem with Paypal Shipping not fully functional (as per the Announcement) and the another with delayed notices of payment. Will ebay still punish sellers with Late Shipment Defects if sellers don't know the item is paid because the notice from Paypal stating thus is 36 hours late? And then cannot print the label? http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/lag-time-in-paypal-notices-for-payment-received-again/m-p... and http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/PayPal-down/m-p/354457#M70252

The second issue is that our ID History is all messed up. I joined ebay May 26, 2006 with this account and yet it says I've only been here since Dec of 2015 (or maybe December 2010 depending on how that data is arranged). I'm not alone. What gives? http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-Member-User-ID-History-is-displaying-incorrect-infor...

Thank you,

Maureen 

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Actually, a third thing while I have the floor. When I look at ebay Community on my mobile device, I see weird stuff. Like Groups. What the heck is this? It's like some secret land to Strangeville that doesn't appear on a desktop. Who are these Groups and why are some open and some closed? What is this place?

IMG_7010.PNG

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Groups are on the Desktop. No one uses them here on eBay.ca Canada but there are groups used in the eBay.com USA forums. Been there since the Lithium forums were introduced. I do not know if they are new to the mobile app.

Top left column on main forums page, third line

ebay ca groups.jpg

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Hi Maureen,

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good morning, Raphael.

Two things today. Both are glitches. One is Paypal. There is a problem with Paypal Shipping not fully functional (as per the Announcement) and the another with delayed notices of payment. Will ebay still punish sellers with Late Shipment Defects if sellers don't know the item is paid because the notice from Paypal stating thus is 36 hours late? And then cannot print the label? http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/lag-time-in-paypal-notices-for-payment-received-again/m-p... and http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/PayPal-down/m-p/354457#M70252 

As we stated in yesterday's announcement, we have promptly notified PayPal as soon as reports started coming in about labels failing to print. We have also relayed the information about delayed emails. From here on, it's in their hands. I wish I had a better response but this is all I have for now.

With that said, and I apologize in advance if this sounds blunt, as inconvenient as late emails or failing labels may be, those aren't good reasons to ship late. Payment status can still be checked directly on the PayPal site and items still need to get dropped off at a Canada Post counter in order to get shipped, so postage can be purchased there as well. For those reasons, there are no measures in place to extend sellers' stated handling time proactively, but sellers are welcome to adjust their own handling time if these circumstances really do prolong their shipping times.

@mjwl2006 wrote:

The second issue is that our ID History is all messed up. I joined ebay May 26, 2006 with this account and yet it says I've only been here since Dec of 2015 (or maybe December 2010 depending on how that data is arranged). I'm not alone. What gives? http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-Member-User-ID-History-is-displaying-incorrect-infor... 

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like a bug, I'll get the appropriate team to fix it.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Thank you. I'll link your response back to the original threads since I volunteered to bring it forward on another member's behalf. 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Groups are on the Desktop. No one uses them here on eBay.ca Canada but there are groups used in the eBay.com USA forums. Been there since the Lithium forums were introduced. I do not know if they are new to the mobile app.

ebay ca groups.jpg

I see. So it's just that I've never noticed them before. Thanks!

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Psst: I want to know what can be found in a Private Place. Any guesses? 

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Forums are bringing me to the last post in a topic, not the next unread one. I already reported this in the last week or two.

I clear my browser cookies and cache when I start my computer automatically and when I exit a browser session automatically. Is posting within in a topic kept in cookies by chance? I ask because it sometimes works and sometimes not. I just started my computer and reading the forums this morning and I am having the issue again. I will see what happens when I come back to this weekly session topic throughout the day.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Forums are bringing me to the last post in a topic, not the next unread one. I already reported this in the last week or two.

I clear my browser cookies and cache when I start my computer automatically and when I exit a browser session automatically. Is posting within in a topic kept in cookies by chance? I ask because it sometimes works and sometimes not. I just started my computer and reading the forums this morning and I am having the issue again. I will see what happens when I come back to this weekly session topic throughout the day.

Hi Pocomo,

Thanks for the report, I have added this use case to the list I'm sharing with Lithium.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Hi, Raphael! Long time Weekly Chat follower, first time contributor.

Recently I've been getting back in the swing of creating listings, and I noticed that on my Drafts page in Selling Manager that I am able to sort drafts by any column other than Action and Custom Label. (I've included a screenshot to show exactly which page I am talking about.)

Untitled.png

It's obvious why I can't sort the Action column, but it is a little confusing that I am not able to sort drafts by Custom Label. Is there something wrong on my end, or is this just a feature that doesn't currently exist? If it doesn't exist, could you please offer it as a suggestion to the relevant team for consideration? It's a small feature, but I think it would come in handy for many sellers.

Thanks for your time!

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

ebay ca groups.jpg

Pardon me for belabouring this point since it seems that Groups are a non-starter on ebay Canada but why don't the Groups I see on a desktop correspond with the ones I see on my mobile device? 

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 12.28.50 PM.png

Versus IMG_7010.PNG

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:

Hi, Raphael! Long time Weekly Chat follower, first time contributor.

Recently I've been getting back in the swing of creating listings, and I noticed that on my Drafts page in Selling Manager that I am able to sort drafts by any column other than Action and Custom Label. (I've included a screenshot to show exactly which page I am talking about.)

Untitled.png

It's obvious why I can't sort the Action column, but it is a little confusing that I am not able to sort drafts by Custom Label. Is there something wrong on my end, or is this just a feature that doesn't currently exist? If it doesn't exist, could you please offer it as a suggestion to the relevant team for consideration? It's a small feature, but I think it would come in handy for many sellers.

Thanks for your time!

Hi there thestuffofchris, welcome to the weekly chat!

It's possible that the content that goes in Custom Labels lives in an entirely different place than the rest of the data that populates this view, which may make it difficult to use to sort the list. Just offering my own guess as to why it hasn't been made to work this way, so keep in mind that what I just said might be complete baloney.

With that said, thank you for sharing your suggestion. I will pass it to the Selling Manager team.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

The Groups you see on mobile are contained within the main Groups you see on desktop. If you were to click on the Groups on desktop, you would see some of the Groups that you see on mobile.

Also, notice at the bottom of the mobile screen there is a "Version", Mobile or Full. You are currently on "Mobile". What happens if you click on "Full"? Does it show the same Groups that you see on your desktop?
Message 14 of 30
latest reply

That would make sense if that's the case.

Thanks for replying and passing on my suggestion!
Message 15 of 30
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:
The Groups you see on mobile are contained within the main Groups you see on desktop. If you were to click on the Groups on desktop, you would see some of the Groups that you see on mobile.

Also, notice at the bottom of the mobile screen there is a "Version", Mobile or Full. You are currently on "Mobile". What happens if you click on "Full"? Does it show the same Groups that you see on your desktop?

If I click Full at the bottom of that screen, it takes me only to the front page of Ebay Canada Community. Clicking Groups from that page takes me straight back to the mobile version of Groups which doesn't appear anywhere else that I can find. 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Pardon me for belabouring this point since it seems that Groups are a non-starter on ebay Canada but why don't the Groups I see on a desktop correspond with the ones I see on my mobile device? 

The groups you see on Mobile are separated into categories on Desktop.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Got it. Thanks. 

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Hi Pocomo,

Thanks for the report, I have added this use case to the list I'm sharing with Lithium.

I left my computer a couple of hours ago and just came back. I still had my browser open and I was still in the forums. My forum session had expired and I had to log back into the forums. I saw 7 unread posts in the Weekly Session topic and when I clicked on it, I was brought to the very last post in this topic, not the last unread post.

I went back to other topics showing unread posts and was brought to the last one in each, not the last unread.

So nothing to do with cookies, cache cleaning losing my position in a topic. I just left and logged back in the same browser forum session.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit using FireFox 49.01.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Hi, me again. I saw the Announcement this afternoon that existing GTC on ebay.ca in USD were being given an extension to Jan. 17 2017 to convert to CAD. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/10/19/7916/  

Can you talk about how many ebay.ca sellers stayed with CAD on ebay Canada versus defected to ebay.com for the USD? Can you share any stats at all about this?

Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks. 

Message 20 of 30
latest reply