October 19th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice
  • Followers list not displaying properly
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Correction: January 16th. 

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Hi Raphael , this was brought up last week with regards to the Global Shipping Program - sometimes it shows the import charges and sometimes it does not --- is this going to be resolved soon? I can see where this will or is causing potential Buyers grief as it is very confusing and a little worrisome that it appears you have to actually purchase an item and then find out what the actual shipping costs and import charges are.  I can see where this would discourage people from ebay period --- not just discourage them from buying from US Sellers but from shopping on ebay at all as there are pages and pages and pages of GSP listings on the Canadian site to the point where they just kind of overwhelm any Canadian listings. Thanks for your time!

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

One final thing and I will retreat my monopolizing of this week's Board Hour. 

Can some thought be given to adding the ebay.ca News Centre to the eBay Canada Community landing page, or putting the news into Announcements or someplace we are more likely to see it? I realize we're not the target 'media' audience but sellers such as myself do like to be kept informed. 

I never think to look for this information until someone else has mentioned it, and there are plenty of things of interest on this page that I would like to read in a timely fashion. Thank you.

http://pages.ebay.ca/media/

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Hello Raphael,

I was doing "Sell similar item" on one of my cards and system generated an enlarged screen with a little different commands or views.

Seems it went well.

I did not realize yet advantages or disadvantages of such implementation.

Can you provide some light?    The item created is 262683618560 (I do not know if you may need it)

Thank you

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Forums are bringing me to the last post in a topic, not the next unread one. I already reported this in the last week or two.

I clear my browser cookies and cache when I start my computer automatically and when I exit a browser session automatically. Is posting within in a topic kept in cookies by chance? I ask because it sometimes works and sometimes not. I just started my computer and reading the forums this morning and I am having the issue again. I will see what happens when I come back to this weekly session topic throughout the day.

Hi Pocomo,

Thanks for the report, I have added this use case to the list I'm sharing with Lithium.

I left my computer a couple of hours ago and just came back. I still had my browser open and I was still in the forums. My forum session had expired and I had to log back into the forums. I saw 7 unread posts in the Weekly Session topic and when I clicked on it, I was brought to the very last post in this topic, not the last unread post.

I went back to other topics showing unread posts and was brought to the last one in each, not the last unread.

So nothing to do with cookies, cache cleaning losing my position in a topic. I just left and logged back in the same browser forum session.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit using FireFox 49.01.

Just to make sure, can you verify that your forum preferences are set to take you to the first unread post?

My_Settings_-_The_eBay_Canada_Community.jpg

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Hi, me again. I saw the Announcement this afternoon that existing GTC on ebay.ca in USD were being given an extension to Jan. 17 2017 to convert to CAD. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/10/19/7916/  

Can you talk about how many ebay.ca sellers stayed with CAD on ebay Canada versus defected to ebay.com for the USD? Can you share any stats at all about this?

Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks. 

I'm sorry, that's not something I am at liberty to share. What I can say is that most sellers have followed what we recommended for their particular situation (for example, most auto parts sellers have moved their inventory to eBay.com as per our guidance).

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@themodernowl wrote:

Hi Raphael , this was brought up last week with regards to the Global Shipping Program - sometimes it shows the import charges and sometimes it does not --- is this going to be resolved soon? I can see where this will or is causing potential Buyers grief as it is very confusing and a little worrisome that it appears you have to actually purchase an item and then find out what the actual shipping costs and import charges are.  I can see where this would discourage people from ebay period --- not just discourage them from buying from US Sellers but from shopping on ebay at all as there are pages and pages and pages of GSP listings on the Canadian site to the point where they just kind of overwhelm any Canadian listings. Thanks for your time!

Hi themodernowl,

As I explained last week, this is part of tests that are being conducted on GSP items with regards to how the information is presented. I want to stress that in every version of those tests, the information that is shown to buyers amounts to the same totals. For example, if we show no import charges, these are added to the shipping costs and at checkout, the buyer sees a lower shipping cost with import charges that add up to the same thing they saw originally.

Different views are shown to different sellers and we are measuring the level of engagement we are seeing for each.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

One final thing and I will retreat my monopolizing of this week's Board Hour. 

Can some thought be given to adding the ebay.ca News Centre to the eBay Canada Community landing page, or putting the news into Announcements or someplace we are more likely to see it? I realize we're not the target 'media' audience but sellers such as myself do like to be kept informed. 

I never think to look for this information until someone else has mentioned it, and there are plenty of things of interest on this page that I would like to read in a timely fashion. Thank you.

http://pages.ebay.ca/media/

To speak frankly, there is very little chance of seeing what you're asking for happen. May I recommend saving the Media link in your bookmarks instead?

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

Hello Raphael,

I was doing "Sell similar item" on one of my cards and system generated an enlarged screen with a little different commands or views.

Seems it went well.

I did not realize yet advantages or disadvantages of such implementation.

Can you provide some light?    The item created is 262683618560 (I do not know if you may need it)

Thank you

Hi block36,

I apologize but I don't understand what you're asking. When I look at item # 262683618560, it looks like any other eBay listing to me. Would you send me an email with more details please? Thanks!

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

This concludes our session for this week. Thanks all for joining and see you next time!

Message 30 of 30
latest reply