October 5th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice
  • Followers list not displaying properly
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place - will remove this one due to lack of examples. If it happens again and there is an example listing for me to look at, I will re-add it.
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Bulk edit drafts category errors and no item condition available, can not bulk edit / complete drafts.

Single drafts missing item condition and return policy not carried over.

I will / should have multiple items sitting in my draft folder from the migration tool throughout the day / week as I move them to .com for you to refer to.

Please see my recent post...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Drafts-bulk-edit-category-errors-and-blank-condtion/td-p/...

On another note the Assurant insurance option showing up right on the middle of my listings without my permission on random listing on listings carried over to .com is garbage, I don`t care if it`s being around for a couple of years. Enough garbage to contend with on ebay.

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

I am not experiencing this but I find this member's question to be alarming. Can you comment?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Unsafe-Content-Warning-on-Ebay-listings-scaring-customers...

Er, I meant to say at least say good morning first. Good morning! 

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

I used my stores subscription shipping supply coupon right away and I was pleased to see the bundles of boxes, envelopes and tape. I ordered two sets, and I was highly tempted by the holiday-themed items as well. Good work. The new bundles that are priced to meet a Basic Store subscription are great, thank you for that.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Hi Raphael, I was wondering if you ever found out why some searches on some sellers show how many watchers and then other sellers it doesn't show?    I have several with 3 watchers and one with 6 watchers.  I have over 60 listings being watched right now, all ranging from 1 to 6 watchers.  

mjwatching.jpgmy watching.jpg

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Hello  Raphael hen i listed my items i always mark immediate payment somehow they are missing from some of my listing and since yesterday i have two buyers that buy the same products over and over without paying for it.eBay customer service informed me that this is glitch in the system.Its been for about a month free shipping added or other stuff that never was included in the original listing.Just yesterday i had the bad experience because i have duplicate listing and was removed from ebay. When i was searching in the listing was missing so i just relisted.If you need the items number im able to provided with 

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Hello Raphael,

I have a problem and i hope you could help me out and advice.

I have an open case for a Ricardo Beverly Hills California 2.0  .The customer opened a return request under "doesnt match descriptions or photos" and then explained in the comment section that she tried to match her item (Ricardo Beverly Hills Santa Cruz 5.0 ) with the one that she bought from me.I do want to accept the return request but i the only one thing that i dont agree with is about the shipping,which is that i need to pay for return shipping.In this case if i accept the return i need to recover both shipping costs.With the buyer we communicated and she informed me that she sent  the item to back to me.And the case remains open,we got in touch with eBay customer service to reply on the request,but they didnt help us a lot in this case which is very complicated on our side.We are looking for solution since monday and so far we dont know what to do.If we accept the return request as it is we would need to recover both shipping.What we could do when we have a case like that?

We will really appreciate any help or advice.Thank you in advance

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Hi, I just got a pin back from the post office saying there was no such number so I contacted the buyer and it turns out they have the wrong address on their paypal page. It's missing a number. I replied asking for them to send the shipping cost to me since it was their mistake not mine but haven't heard anything since. Are there any rules or guidelines for this?

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Hi, 

I have a "display" question.   From time to time some people have asked where the search option "Most Bidders" has gone.  I don't ever remember seeing it but they say it used to be in the "Sort" list of things like "Newly listed" and "Distance nearest" for choosing search options. 

Have you heard anything or would you know anything about it?  Is searching for auctions by "Most Bidders" going to be removed and no longer a choice? 

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:

Hi, 

I have a "display" question.   From time to time some people have asked where the search option "Most Bidders" has gone.  I don't ever remember seeing it but they say it used to be in the "Sort" list of things like "Newly listed" and "Distance nearest" for choosing search options. 

Have you heard anything or would you know anything about it?  Is searching for auctions by "Most Bidders" going to be removed and no longer a choice? 

Post 34

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/September-21st-2016-Weekly-Session/td-p/351583/page/...

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Good afternoon,

On  the evening iof September 30 some of us saw a promotion for free listings on selling manager  which started at midnight and ended 3 hours later.    The promotion was no longer showing in the morning in current or ended promos.  I don't imagine that ebay meant to do a 3 hour promotion so was the date set up wrong or.....?  Should some of us actually be getting a similar promo right now?

Thank you for selling on eBay – List FREE for a limited time
Pay no insertion fees for up to 50K listings a month when you select Good ‘Til Cancelled.

Start: 01/10/16 00:00:00 EDT
End: 01/10/16 03:00:00 EDT
Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Post 34

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/September-21st-2016-Weekly-Session/td-p/351583/page/...

Oh how could I have missed that???  SORRY EVERYONE for asking an already answered question.  I probably read it and forgot.  I do read these things but it seems I can't always keep it all in.   Sigh.  I miss my memory.  🙂

Thank you  pjcdn2005 for the answer reminder! 

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Good evening.

This popped up on one of my listings overnight:

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 5.02.49 PM.png

I've revised it, as ebay has requested. What else do I need to do in order to make this 'note' disappear? I like to use that area for information that I think is important and, like I said, I already did as ebay asked of me. 

Thank you,

Maureen 

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

For me it seems to be much easier to remember what happened years ago vs what happened last month so I totally relate to people not remembering things!

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

I've revised it, as ebay has requested. What else do I need to do in order to make this 'note' disappear? I like to use that area for information that I think is important and, like I said, I already did as ebay asked of me. 

Your taking what their asking to literally, I received these eBay notes also.... It's an automatic response sent when a listing has been for sale for 16 months or longer.   

You don't need to respond to it, nothing is going to hap[pen, but if you feel you can improve on a listing then by all means revise it. 

Message 15 of 48
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Your taking what their asking to literally, I received these eBay notes also.... It's an automatic response sent when a listing has been for sale for 16 months or longer.   

You don't need to respond to it, nothing is going to hap[pen, but if you feel you can improve on a listing then by all means revise it. 

Now long does it take to drop-off? Will that note never disappear now that it is 'tainted'? 

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

Do I have to 'end' the listing to get rid of the note? I have 13 Watchers on that item but it's one of only five on ebay and probably the only in Canada so it wouldn't be that hard for people to find again. 

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

You probably have to end it and list it as new to get the reminder taken off.   That might help it in search too.

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

I guess I could end it right before it is due for GTC renewal. It's make-work for no good reason though. I revised it as asked. There are only five on ebay so it's not like one needle in a haystack.... More importantly, I am willing to wait until it sells on my terms. There was a limited number produced so it's only going to become more valuable as time wears on. I guess this might be a useful note if I didn't already know it had been listed for more than a year. 

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Raphael, I sent you a question via email about the Standing Committee on Canada Post. I'm staring dumbly at a form that needs to be completed and submit by Friday. Can you have a look at that for me please? It's just one question, a small one, easy to answer.

Thank you,

Maureen 

Message 20 of 48
latest reply