October 5th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice
  • Followers list not displaying properly
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place - will remove this one due to lack of examples. If it happens again and there is an example listing for me to look at, I will re-add it.
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

I guess I could end it right before it is due for GTC renewal. It's make-work for no good reason though. I revised it as asked. There are only five on ebay so it's not like one needle in a haystack.... More importantly, I am willing to wait until it sells on my terms. There was a limited number produced so it's only going to become more valuable as time wears on. I guess this might be a useful note if I didn't already know it had been listed for more than a year. 

I wouldn't end it, you got 13 watchers on so I would leave it alone, everything eventually sells (13 watchers is good PR for your site).

The momentum for the listing is there so let it play out.... but if it bothers you by all means relist it.  

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

The note does annoy me, yes. I use that field for things that I think are important to a listing. Like where I keep that particular piece within my inventory, or whether editing the listing will trigger a Product Catalogue overwrite. Having ebay tell me the listing is stale isn't particularly useful to me after the initial ten seconds it takes to read that information has passed. 

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

I guess I could end it right before it is due for GTC renewal. It's make-work for no good reason though. I revised it as asked. There are only five on ebay so it's not like one needle in a haystack.... More importantly, I am willing to wait until it sells on my terms. There was a limited number produced so it's only going to become more valuable as time wears on. I guess this might be a useful note if I didn't already know it had been listed for more than a year. 

I wouldn't end it, you got 13 watchers on so I would leave it alone, everything eventually sells (13 watchers is good PR for your site).

The momentum for the listing is there so let it play out.... but if it bothers you by all means relist it.  

If the listing is ended and relisted using relist (not Sell Similar which starts fresh), all watchers get an ebay message or email from what I understand. Or is it that the old listing will still be in the buyers watch list and a message shows in the watch list that it has ended and been relisted. The truly interested buyers will watch the new listing.

Is this how it works? Just curious.

Maybe mj wil post a listing number and a couple of us can add to the watch list on the item and follow what happens when she ends the old 16 month listing.

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

The note does annoy me, yes. I use that field for things that I think are important to a listing. Like where I keep that particular piece within my inventory, or whether editing the listing will trigger a Product Catalogue overwrite. Having ebay tell me the listing is stale isn't particularly useful to me after the initial ten seconds it takes to read that information has passed. 

There are two kinds of notes. One is "My Note" and the other is "eBay Note". Not the same thing. "My Note" is your note up to 250 characters that you compose and full control over to create, edit or delete. "eBay Note" is an eBay generated note that only eBay controls. Both can co-exist. If you are using Selling Manager, you can go into Customize in the top right of Active, Sold, Unsold and Scheduled listing pages to turn off or on "My Note" or "eBay Note" or both. Not a good idea to turn off "eBay Note" as there might be an important message for that listing there one day.

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

raphael, here is a Forums issue.

When I have read a topic and come back later when there are new reply posts to the topic to continue reading (like the weekly session here), I am brought back to the last post in the topic, not the last unread post. Very annoying since I have to scroll back up to try and remember where I left off.

This seems to be happening in the past few days or more. I do not remember exactly when.

While I am on the subject of these forums, it seems that when I go to the overview page "Discussion Boards" of all the forums, there are forums that show that posts are unread or more and these are ghosts as there is no unread posts when you open up the forum and check for unread topics (highlighted in blue if unread).

The first section for eBay News and Information is the worst offender. Sometimes topics that do not belong in Site Issues or eBay News and Information forum are moved by the moderators to the correct forum in Selling And Buying which leaves a number of posts showing not read as a count but none show up in the forum itself. To fix this, I have to go into the forum options and mark all topics read to clear.

Anyone else seeing these annoying forum issues? Please post if you do.

I am using FireFox browser (v49.01 latest) under Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Anniversary edition.

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

There are two kinds of notes. One is "My Note" and the other is "eBay Note". Not the same thing. "My Note" is your note up to 250 characters that you compose and full control over to create, edit or delete. "eBay Note" is an eBay generated note that only eBay controls. Both can co-exist. If you are using Selling Manager, you can go into Customize in the top right of Active, Sold, Unsold and Scheduled listing pages to turn off or on "My Note" or "eBay Note" or both. Not a good idea to turn off "eBay Note" as there might be an important message for that listing there one day.

That's true, thank you for sharing this with other members who may not otherwise know that. 

My point is that if I see a note on a listing highlighted in yellow, I am assuming there is some important information contained therein. 

I should be able to 'turn off' this particular ebay note now that I have reviewed it and done as was recommended, that is, I have revised it. I already knew it was listed and active for more than a year, I didn't need the reminder but that is another matter. I want to be able to make it go away now that the message contained in the note has been received. I use My Notes for important information. This is not important information from ebay anymore, if it ever was. It's just messy on my page now and distracting me. 

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Or is it that the old listing will still be in the buyers watch list and a message shows in the watch list that it has ended and been relisted. The truly interested buyers will watch the new listing.

The ended listing will show up in the watchers ended listings where it will show the item has been relisted. If your lucky you will get a 1/4 of the watchers back.

The nice thing about a high number of watchers is that the item appears to be popular when new buyers are perusing through mj's listings.

I wouldn't end any listings until after Christmas.....

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

If the listing is ended and relisted using relist (not Sell Similar which starts fresh), all watchers get an ebay message or email from what I understand. Or is it that the old listing will still be in the buyers watch list and a message shows in the watch list that it has ended and been relisted. The truly interested buyers will watch the new listing.

Completely correct.  The item in the watch list shows "The seller relisted this item" and if the buyer hasn't shut off the eBay notices option in their account comm prefs then they get a notice that a watched item has been relisted.  Putting the new version back in the watch list is as easy as clicking the "View relisted item" in the top corner of the old one, and clicking to add it.  And there they are, watching it go round for another 30 days.

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

The listing is 231560584474.

If I recall correctly, it was the first item I ever set to GTC since it always did carry a fair number of Watchers who may or may not have continued to add it to their watch list after it ended its 30-day run to get relisted. I always knew it would take awhile to sell. The first one that I had did sell just before Christmas one year. This one will too, sooner or later. It's just that note is uncessary now that I've read it and revised it. I added Offers, that should be a big enough change to satisfy the note bosses.
Message 29 of 48
latest reply

If I recall correctly, it was the first item I ever set to GTC since it always did carry a fair number of Watchers who may or may not have continued to add it to their watch list after it ended its 30-day run to get relisted. I always knew it would take awhile to sell. The first one that I had did sell just before Christmas one year. This one will too, sooner or later. It's just that note is uncessary now that I've read it and revised it. I added Offers, that should be a big enough change to satisfy the note bosses.

It's funny how some listings that have over 10 watchers are highlighted in "black" while others display in "red".

Good for you adding or best offer.... it's that time of year when buyers are shopping of Christmas. You should receive more serious offers now then during the Summer months when people are making offensive offers out of pure boredom. 

I would add "best offer" to more of your listings to take advantage of Christmas Season. This is the time of year when toy sellers need to go hard! 

Message 30 of 48
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

@silverpinups wrote:

I've revised it, as ebay has requested. What else do I need to do in order to make this 'note' disappear? I like to use that area for information that I think is important and, like I said, I already did as ebay asked of me. 

Your taking what their asking to literally, I received these eBay notes also.... It's an automatic response sent when a listing has been for sale for 16 months or longer.   

You don't need to respond to it, nothing is going to hap[pen, but if you feel you can improve on a listing then by all means revise it. 

Now long does it take to drop-off? Will that note never disappear now that it is 'tainted'? 

It won't drop off (I have a few of them because I use GTC almost exclusively).  However as 'poco' mentioned, your own notes and eBay notes can co-exist.  

Since the item is highlighted already anyway in your Selling Manager list, why not add your own note so that the highlighting won't remain meaningless?  Your own note will appear above the eBay note, so it will be more prominent.  For example, you could add a note to the effect that you've revised the listing already.  I do that sometimes to remind myself that I've already done anything I could do to enhance the listing. 

As 'silverpinups' mentioned, these notes are just generic, produced by eBay's bots after the listing has been sitting for the prescribed time.  Don't assume the bots actually know the particular listing needs revising, so don't feel obliged to do anything if you prefer to leave it as is.  

Message 31 of 48
latest reply

Thank you. If the note won't leave on its own, I'll end the listing and relist it. I've got another 27 days to do that since it just renewed. I've no need for that note from eBay, I don't need it distracting me from my own important messages to myself.
Message 32 of 48
latest reply

I have often noticed "ghost" posts in the last month or so,  The overview will show that there are unread topics on a board but once I go on that board there is nothing that shows as being unread.

I haven't had a problem though with the order....I am still being taken to the last read post in each thread.  Is it possible that your preferences got changed without your knowledge?  In the forum preferences - linear layout- is jump to first unread post checked off?

Message 33 of 48
latest reply

No preferences were not changed. Now it works and I go to the last post correctly.

The ghosts still happen. I just had a couple more posts show in forums counts right now and none were there.

My computer is set up to clear browser cache and cookies on exit and I shutdown my computer each day and run Cleaner to clear the computer temp files when starting. A clean Windows 10 computer each time it starts.

Ghosts have been happening for a long time (months). The last post issue just in the past few days on and off.

Message 34 of 48
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

Bulk edit drafts category errors and no item condition available, can not bulk edit / complete drafts.

Single drafts missing item condition and return policy not carried over.

I will / should have multiple items sitting in my draft folder from the migration tool throughout the day / week as I move them to .com for you to refer to.

Please see my recent post...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Drafts-bulk-edit-category-errors-and-blank-condtion/td-p/...

On another note the Assurant insurance option showing up right on the middle of my listings without my permission on random listing on listings carried over to .com is garbage, I don`t care if it`s being around for a couple of years. Enough garbage to contend with on ebay.

Hi merritt-motorcycle-salvage,

I see 32 drafts in your Selling Manager Pro. Since I don't know much about auto parts, I can't tell whether they are appropriately categorized. Moreover, when I load them in the build editor, they come up no problem and none show errors. That's not to say there wouldn't be errors if I tried publishing them, but for obvious reasons I can't try that. Are you able to provide more details, perhaps a specific draft presenting issues and a detailed summary of whet the issues are? You can reach me by email. Many thanks in advance.

Similarly, I'll need more information on the Assurant insurance option you mention. I see nothing that fits that description on your listings. Could it be a 3rd party advertisement?

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I am not experiencing this but I find this member's question to be alarming. Can you comment?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Unsafe-Content-Warning-on-Ebay-listings-scaring-customers...

Er, I meant to say at least say good morning first. Good morning! 

Hi Maureen,

This is an issue with eBay's compatibility with the Microsoft Edge browser and it is being looked into. 

Message 36 of 48
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Raphael, I was wondering if you ever found out why some searches on some sellers show how many watchers and then other sellers it doesn't show?    I have several with 3 watchers and one with 6 watchers.  I have over 60 listings being watched right now, all ranging from 1 to 6 watchers.  

mjwatching.jpgmy watching.jpg

Hi musicyouneed,

Sorry but I don't have any news on that and had forgotten to add it to my list.

Message 37 of 48
latest reply

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Hello  Raphael hen i listed my items i always mark immediate payment somehow they are missing from some of my listing and since yesterday i have two buyers that buy the same products over and over without paying for it.eBay customer service informed me that this is glitch in the system.Its been for about a month free shipping added or other stuff that never was included in the original listing.Just yesterday i had the bad experience because i have duplicate listing and was removed from ebay. When i was searching in the listing was missing so i just relisted.If you need the items number im able to provided with 

Hi handbagsvogue,

Happy to look into it but yes I would need item numbers and as many details as you have. Please send everything to raphael@ebay.com. Thanks!

Message 38 of 48
latest reply

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Hello Raphael,

I have a problem and i hope you could help me out and advice.

I have an open case for a Ricardo Beverly Hills California 2.0  .The customer opened a return request under "doesnt match descriptions or photos" and then explained in the comment section that she tried to match her item (Ricardo Beverly Hills Santa Cruz 5.0 ) with the one that she bought from me.I do want to accept the return request but i the only one thing that i dont agree with is about the shipping,which is that i need to pay for return shipping.In this case if i accept the return i need to recover both shipping costs.With the buyer we communicated and she informed me that she sent  the item to back to me.And the case remains open,we got in touch with eBay customer service to reply on the request,but they didnt help us a lot in this case which is very complicated on our side.We are looking for solution since monday and so far we dont know what to do.If we accept the return request as it is we would need to recover both shipping.What we could do when we have a case like that?

We will really appreciate any help or advice.Thank you in advance

Technically, since the buyer reported the item to be not as described, you are supposed to pay for return shipping whether or not you accept the return in My eBay. When an item is not as described, the seller has to accept the return even if their return policy was no returns. Since the buyer already sent the item back, you're likely going to have to refund them what it is they paid to return the item. My best advice would be to document every detail on the Return page, so that if eBay has to review the case and make a decision, all the information is there for us to see.

Message 39 of 48
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

Bulk edit drafts category errors and no item condition available, can not bulk edit / complete drafts.

Single drafts missing item condition and return policy not carried over.

I will / should have multiple items sitting in my draft folder from the migration tool throughout the day / week as I move them to .com for you to refer to.

Please see my recent post...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Drafts-bulk-edit-category-errors-and-blank-condtion/td-p/...

On another note the Assurant insurance option showing up right on the middle of my listings without my permission on random listing on listings carried over to .com is garbage, I don`t care if it`s being around for a couple of years. Enough garbage to contend with on ebay.

Hi merritt-motorcycle-salvage,

I see 32 drafts in your Selling Manager Pro. Since I don't know much about auto parts, I can't tell whether they are appropriately categorized. Moreover, when I load them in the build editor, they come up no problem and none show errors. That's not to say there wouldn't be errors if I tried publishing them, but for obvious reasons I can't try that. Are you able to provide more details, perhaps a specific draft presenting issues and a detailed summary of whet the issues are? You can reach me by email. Many thanks in advance.

Similarly, I'll need more information on the Assurant insurance option you mention. I see nothing that fits that description on your listings. Could it be a 3rd party advertisement?

I have provided you with ample information as well as screenshots of the problem in the post where the link points to. I have wasted days and weeks doing something that should have taken a couple of hours. Get someone at ebay to investigate the issue. I pay ebay to diagnose their site issues, makes perfect sense.

untitled.JPG

3rd party advertising right in the middle of sellers listings. Cute.

Message 40 of 48
latest reply