October 5th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice
  • Followers list not displaying properly
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place - will remove this one due to lack of examples. If it happens again and there is an example listing for me to look at, I will re-add it.
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

@bunbar wrote:

Hi, I just got a pin back from the post office saying there was no such number so I contacted the buyer and it turns out they have the wrong address on their paypal page. It's missing a number. I replied asking for them to send the shipping cost to me since it was their mistake not mine but haven't heard anything since. Are there any rules or guidelines for this?

Hi bunbar,

This seems like a bit of an edge case, I don't think there are guidelines for this specific situation. If your buy never responds, you should probably cancel the transaction with reason "buyer requested to cancel" and refund their money.

Message 41 of 48
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:

Hi, 

I have a "display" question.   From time to time some people have asked where the search option "Most Bidders" has gone.  I don't ever remember seeing it but they say it used to be in the "Sort" list of things like "Newly listed" and "Distance nearest" for choosing search options. 

Have you heard anything or would you know anything about it?  Is searching for auctions by "Most Bidders" going to be removed and no longer a choice? 

Hi Vivian,

I honestly don't remember ever seeing that sorting option, and I've been using eBay since 2000, working here for the past 8 years. Not impossible that I simply never noticed, but for sure it's not been around any recently. I would doubt it will come back, if it ever was here.

Best Match actually uses an auction's popularity as part of its algorithm to determine listings' ranking in search, so naturally auctions with lots of bidders should surface closer to the top.

Message 42 of 48
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Good afternoon,

On  the evening iof September 30 some of us saw a promotion for free listings on selling manager  which started at midnight and ended 3 hours later.    The promotion was no longer showing in the morning in current or ended promos.  I don't imagine that ebay meant to do a 3 hour promotion so was the date set up wrong or.....?  Should some of us actually be getting a similar promo right now?

Thank you for selling on eBay – List FREE for a limited time
Pay no insertion fees for up to 50K listings a month when you select Good ‘Til Cancelled.

Start: 01/10/16 00:00:00 EDT
End: 01/10/16 03:00:00 EDT
Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca

Hi pjcdn,

I'm not aware of this, I'll ask our promo team in case they know. Thanks for flagging this.

Message 43 of 48
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good evening.

This popped up on one of my listings overnight:

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 5.02.49 PM.png

I've revised it, as ebay has requested. What else do I need to do in order to make this 'note' disappear? I like to use that area for information that I think is important and, like I said, I already did as ebay asked of me. 

Thank you,

Maureen 

Not sure what is going on there. It's entirely possible that it's a bug. I'll have someone looking into it.

When you revised, what exactly did you change? I think this particular flag looks at price primarily. It probably thinks you should lower the price a bit to generate sales.

Message 44 of 48
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@silverpinups wrote:

I guess I could end it right before it is due for GTC renewal. It's make-work for no good reason though. I revised it as asked. There are only five on ebay so it's not like one needle in a haystack.... More importantly, I am willing to wait until it sells on my terms. There was a limited number produced so it's only going to become more valuable as time wears on. I guess this might be a useful note if I didn't already know it had been listed for more than a year. 

I wouldn't end it, you got 13 watchers on so I would leave it alone, everything eventually sells (13 watchers is good PR for your site).

The momentum for the listing is there so let it play out.... but if it bothers you by all means relist it.  

If the listing is ended and relisted using relist (not Sell Similar which starts fresh), all watchers get an ebay message or email from what I understand. Or is it that the old listing will still be in the buyers watch list and a message shows in the watch list that it has ended and been relisted. The truly interested buyers will watch the new listing.

Is this how it works? Just curious.

Maybe mj wil post a listing number and a couple of us can add to the watch list on the item and follow what happens when she ends the old 16 month listing.

Hey Pocomo, yes that's how it works.

Message 45 of 48
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

raphael, here is a Forums issue.

When I have read a topic and come back later when there are new reply posts to the topic to continue reading (like the weekly session here), I am brought back to the last post in the topic, not the last unread post. Very annoying since I have to scroll back up to try and remember where I left off.

This seems to be happening in the past few days or more. I do not remember exactly when.

While I am on the subject of these forums, it seems that when I go to the overview page "Discussion Boards" of all the forums, there are forums that show that posts are unread or more and these are ghosts as there is no unread posts when you open up the forum and check for unread topics (highlighted in blue if unread).

The first section for eBay News and Information is the worst offender. Sometimes topics that do not belong in Site Issues or eBay News and Information forum are moved by the moderators to the correct forum in Selling And Buying which leaves a number of posts showing not read as a count but none show up in the forum itself. To fix this, I have to go into the forum options and mark all topics read to clear.

Anyone else seeing these annoying forum issues? Please post if you do.

I am using FireFox browser (v49.01 latest) under Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Anniversary edition.

I have passed your report to the Lithium team to address.

Message 46 of 48
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

Bulk edit drafts category errors and no item condition available, can not bulk edit / complete drafts.

Single drafts missing item condition and return policy not carried over.

I will / should have multiple items sitting in my draft folder from the migration tool throughout the day / week as I move them to .com for you to refer to.

Please see my recent post...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Drafts-bulk-edit-category-errors-and-blank-condtion/td-p/...

On another note the Assurant insurance option showing up right on the middle of my listings without my permission on random listing on listings carried over to .com is garbage, I don`t care if it`s being around for a couple of years. Enough garbage to contend with on ebay.

Hi merritt-motorcycle-salvage,

I see 32 drafts in your Selling Manager Pro. Since I don't know much about auto parts, I can't tell whether they are appropriately categorized. Moreover, when I load them in the build editor, they come up no problem and none show errors. That's not to say there wouldn't be errors if I tried publishing them, but for obvious reasons I can't try that. Are you able to provide more details, perhaps a specific draft presenting issues and a detailed summary of whet the issues are? You can reach me by email. Many thanks in advance.

Similarly, I'll need more information on the Assurant insurance option you mention. I see nothing that fits that description on your listings. Could it be a 3rd party advertisement?

I have provided you with ample information as well as screenshots of the problem in the post where the link points to. I have wasted days and weeks doing something that should have taken a couple of hours. Get someone at ebay to investigate the issue. I pay ebay to diagnose their site issues, makes perfect sense.

untitled.JPG

3rd party advertising right in the middle of sellers listings. Cute.

I see it now, thanks for providing the additional information as I requested.

Here is more information on Assurant:

http://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotection/assurant.html 

It's a 3rd party insurance service that eBay offers directly to buyers. It doesn't impact you what so ever and helps generate sales.

Message 47 of 48
latest reply

This concludes our session for this week. Thanks for joining!

Message 48 of 48
latest reply