September 28th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Followers list not displaying properly
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place (need examples)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Unable to add notes to items in My eBay: not an issue. See supplemental post on this.
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

FAO block36:

After investigating the issue you reported last week (seller notes not saving), we found that you had the option to display notes disabled. After enabling it, we were able to create, save, edit and delete test notes. You should be good to go.

My_eBay_Selling_Manager_Active_Listings_for_block36.jpg

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

Thank you very much, Raphael.

I noticed the FAST fixing as everything is properly noted now!  

Woman Very Happy

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

Hi Raphael, a couple of things I want to ask today: 

1) Has there been any news on the "Request Seller" feature not functioning?  I see it's still on your "pending" list above.  I purchased 2 items the other day, needed a combined shipping total, but was unable to get to the screen that allowed me to actually make the request.  I came to a screen with big red lettering that said "This seller does not permit combined shipping discounts" or words to that effect.  Because I know this seller, and know very well that she always provides such discounts, I sent her a separate email message.  This of course meant I wasn't able to pay immediately, which I would have preferred to do. 

I'm hoping my own buyers aren't getting this same dead-end when they try to ask for a combined total.  I'm concerned that many wouldn't think to use the eBay Messages system and/or might decide to back out of the transaction (cancel it) entirely, now that they can do so. 

2)  Have you heard anything yet from the powers that be regarding details on user-generated "UPC" codes (or an allowable exemption) for sellers of OOAK, vintage, antique, etc. type of items?  I brought this issue up at a couple of previous sessions.

To reiterate, logically this will mean sellers like me having to generate a meaningless code for every single such item, which seems completely nonsensical.  Why not just continue to permit "N/A" or use "Exempt"?  I don't see the point in a whole plethora of useless codes, and don't understand (from the meagre description in the Seller Update) how eBay is going to ensure these thousands upon thousands of user-generated codes aren't duplicates (or worse - don't accidentally duplicate a real UPC code). 

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Gooooood morning, Raphael.

Why is eBay Canada giving away six-month store subscriptions for free and where can I get mine? I've been a LOYAL ebay stores subscriber since 2012, can I get a six-moth break on my fees, pretty please? 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/An-interesting-promotional-offer-from-Canada-Post/m-p/352...

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 10.06.36 AM.png

Thanks,

Mmmmmaureen

p.s. On an unrelated note, most of all of our Followers have disappeared almost completely. It seems to be a page-loading error. What gives?

Hi Mmmmmaureen,

This promotion is for new subscribers only. From the promotion terms:

Who's Eligible?

The Promotion is available to prospective eBay sellers that : (i) are residents of a province in Canada; (ii) are first time eBay Store subscribers; (iii) have accepted the Promotion terms and conditions by selecting "Register now" on the Promotion landing page located on ebay.ca (the "Promotion Landing Page"); and (iv) have successfully subscribed to a new Basic eBay Store subscription on eBay.ca during the Subscription Period.

Also:

• Only Basic eBay Store subscriptions are included in the Promotion. Premium and Anchor eBay Store subscriptions are not included. No upgrades (to a Premium and/or Anchor Store subscription) are allowed as part of the Promotion.

Sorry that you aren't eligible for this promotion.

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

I would point out the "fine print" on the Canada Post eBay store offer noted above (that is, the text the asterisk refers to): 

* By signing up through this offer on or before October 31, 2016, at 23:59:59 p.m. ET , eBay will waive your Basic Store subscription fees for a 6-month period starting on your subscription date. Insertion fees and other applicable fees will apply in accordance with eBay standard policies. Premium and Anchor Store subscriptions are not included. Limited-time offer.

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. I know I'm not eligible for this promotion, but I'd like to know if I and other established stores might start feeling some love if there's much to share with strangers. 

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

Please, remind me how valued I am as an established ebay seller. My sales have tanked since June, although my efforts to sell here have not. We all suffered through a whole summer of postal unrest and, while clearly ebay is NOT at fault for that, many of us are feeling abandoned. We appreciated, for the most part, the Buy Canadian promotion and the coupon stimulus that went with it. But many Canadian sellers here are discouraged. I know I am, and I am not alone. You can read it every day, blatantly, and between the lines on the Discussion Boards.

I'm not being sarcastic, and I'm really not trying to give you a hard time. I'm certain you get enough of that already. 

We are looking for some something. I'm not sure what it is. Customers? A break? Like maybe something sweet like this which is being offered to new store owners? 

Message 8 of 57
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Hi Raphael, a couple of things I want to ask today: 

1) Has there been any news on the "Request Seller" feature not functioning?  I see it's still on your "pending" list above.  I purchased 2 items the other day, needed a combined shipping total, but was unable to get to the screen that allowed me to actually make the request.  I came to a screen with big red lettering that said "This seller does not permit combined shipping discounts" or words to that effect.  Because I know this seller, and know very well that she always provides such discounts, I sent her a separate email message.  This of course meant I wasn't able to pay immediately, which I would have preferred to do. 

I'm hoping my own buyers aren't getting this same dead-end when they try to ask for a combined total.  I'm concerned that many wouldn't think to use the eBay Messages system and/or might decide to back out of the transaction (cancel it) entirely, now that they can do so. 

2)  Have you heard anything yet from the powers that be regarding details on user-generated "UPC" codes (or an allowable exemption) for sellers of OOAK, vintage, antique, etc. type of items?  I brought this issue up at a couple of previous sessions.

To reiterate, logically this will mean sellers like me having to generate a meaningless code for every single such item, which seems completely nonsensical.  Why not just continue to permit "N/A" or use "Exempt"?  I don't see the point in a whole plethora of useless codes, and don't understand (from the meagre description in the Seller Update) how eBay is going to ensure these thousands upon thousands of user-generated codes aren't duplicates (or worse - don't accidentally duplicate a real UPC code). 

Hi rose-dee,

1) The issue with Request Total is still under investigation. I am keeping it on the list for tracking and will update you as I get updated.

2) Same thing for the additional info on the required product identifiers, as soon as the RPI team releases t6hat info I will relay it. 

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

Actually, while we're on the subject of this CPC store fee promotion, although I do understand the desire to attract new subscribers with a fee-free initial term (magazines, web hosting sites, and all sorts of other services do this all the time), why suddenly now?  And why offer it through Canada Post and not on eBay itself as well?  Dare I suggest that perhaps eBay didn't want the noses of its existing subscribers to be put out of joint too much?  

Yes, I too have been a loyal store subscriber since stores were first available (2007 or 2008 I believe??), and yeah, I have to be honest, this kind of rankles.  I could perhaps gracefully accept 1 month, maybe 3, being given free to new subscribers, but 6?  That's what? -- $19.95 Cdn x 6 = $119.70 for a 1-year commitment, even more for a month-to-month subscription.  

That's a pretty hefty amount to offer for free, especially after eBay has just jacked up the store fees by 25% for its existing subscribers, don't you agree?  

And (to bring up a sore spot from last week), we Canadian store owners are still waiting for eBay to follow through on providing useful coupons for free shipping supplies.  These were touted as a compensation for that fee hike at the time.  As you know, for many of us that was a hollow offer. 

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I know I'm not eligible for this promotion, but I'd like to know if I and other established stores might start feeling some love if there's much to share with strangers. 

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Please, remind me how valued I am as an established ebay seller. My sales have tanked since June, although my efforts to sell here have not. We all suffered through a whole summer of postal unrest and, while clearly ebay is NOT at fault for that, many of us are feeling abandoned. We appreciated, for the most part, the Buy Canadian promotion and the coupon stimulus that went with it. But many Canadian sellers here are discouraged. I know I am, and I am not alone. You can read it every day, blatantly, and between the lines on the Discussion Boards.

I'm not being sarcastic, and I'm really not trying to give you a hard time. I'm certain you get enough of that already. 

We are looking for some something. I'm not sure what it is. Customers? A break? Like maybe something sweet like this which is being offered to new store owners?  

I understand where you are coming from. This particular promotion aims to acquire new Canadian sellers, something that is our mandate. Keeping our existing members is also our mandate however, and we do our best to come up with creative ways to ensure that. The recent Buy Canadian campaign is one tiny example of us trying to stimulate sales for you.

I don't have much visibility on the promotional planning, but I will pass on your comment as a suggestion.

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Actually, while we're on the subject of this CPC store fee promotion, although I do understand the desire to attract new subscribers with a fee-free initial term (magazines, web hosting sites, and all sorts of other services do this all the time), why suddenly now?  And why offer it through Canada Post and not on eBay itself as well?  Dare I suggest that perhaps eBay didn't want the noses of its existing subscribers to be put out of joint too much?  

Yes, I too have been a loyal store subscriber since stores were first available (2007 or 2008 I believe??), and yeah, I have to be honest, this kind of rankles.  I could perhaps gracefully accept 1 month, maybe 3, being given free to new subscribers, but 6?  That's what? -- $19.95 Cdn x 6 = $119.70 for a 1-year commitment, even more for a month-to-month subscription.  

That's a pretty hefty amount to offer for free, especially after eBay has just jacked up the store fees by 25% for its existing subscribers, don't you agree?  

And (to bring up a sore spot from last week), we Canadian store owners are still waiting for eBay to follow through on providing useful coupons for free shipping supplies.  These were touted as a compensation for that fee hike at the time.  As you know, for many of us that was a hollow offer. 

We aren't trying to hide anything. If we did, we wouldn't have done a great job 😉

The reason we partnered with Canada Post for this campaign is that we are trying to reach sellers who aren't on eBay. eBay isn't the best place for that. Also, this isn't the first time we have done such campaigns. There was a similar one going out to PayPal merchants in the past 24 months. 

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

One other thing I'd like to bring up, as I'm not sure the original poster on the thread below will be here today.  I happen to agree with him that "Reviews" make no sense on vintage, OOAK, or antique items, and are detrimental to the presentation of a unique item, for the reasons I pointed out in Post #4 and further in that thread.  

I'd like to ask that the suggestion be passed along to eBay, for whatever it's worth, that Reviews no longer be shown on items in the "Collectibles" category, or on any item that has a "vintage", "antique", "pre-1930's", "hand-made" or similar designation in the description.  This is related to the UPC code issue in fact, because any UPC-exempt item should also be made exempt from Reviews (or at least give sellers of such items the option of turning off the display of Reviews). 

If eBay still wants to keep its collectibles and OOAK sellers -- something that used to make eBay a unique place -- then it needs to deal more precisely with these issues.  They've thrown both the UPC and Reviews features onto the site in a one-size-fits-all manner, without any thought for the consequences to those sellers who are not listing identical or virtually identical, mass-produced commercial consumer goods. 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Product-Reviews-on-Currency-absolutely-ridiculous/m-p/352...   (Please see Post #4 and the following posts)

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

Hi, I asked about this last week but don’t think I saw an answer. My invoices are not showing multiple items.  If I sell more than 1 item to the same person it is only showing one item.  So if I sell 10 items there is no way to send a copy to the buyer nor is there a way for me to check off the items to make sure I have what I need.  For example in the attachment you can see only 1 shot glass but I sold 2 of them. Why is it not showing both like it used to?  

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Also, this isn't the first time we have done such campaigns. There was a similar one going out to PayPal merchants in the past 24 months. 

I was actually thinking of several years ago, when stores were a new feature.  I don't recall any fee-free incentives being offered early on.  

Or how about a "bonus" month or two at the 5 and 10-year anniversary point for sellers who have been consistent store subscribers, your legacy sellers?  That would be a very nice thank you note from eBay.  

P.S. Now would be a good time.  Woman Wink

Message 15 of 57
latest reply

I agree that "reviews" do not belong on unique items. I have some vintage Canadian nickels listed for sale and the reviews that show up have absolutely nothing to do with the coins I am selling. It is deceptive to the buyer to show this type of information on collectible.

Message 16 of 57
latest reply

I have contact both Canada Post as well as Ebay Trust and safety and determined so far this is all

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Gooooood morning, Raphael.

Why is eBay Canada giving away six-month store subscriptions for free and where can I get mine? I've been a LOYAL ebay stores subscriber since 2012, can I get a six-moth break on my fees, pretty please? 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/An-interesting-promotional-offer-from-Canada-Post/m-p/352...

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 10.06.36 AM.png

Thanks,

Mmmmmaureen

p.s. On an unrelated note, most of all of our Followers have disappeared almost completely. It seems to be a page-loading error. What gives?

I have contacted Canada Post and ebay trust and safety and have been told the COP email and any links to Ebay are as phony as a $6 bill. I have sent copies to Ebay trust and safety and dealing with Canada Post as it has personal private information. I have had Lithium remove the post from the discussion boards as well

Raphael, please remove anything in relation to this from this post as well.

Message 17 of 57
latest reply

Raphael

Please remove any posts concerning the email I received from Canada Post and the listing special. It is a very well done phony email and I have an open file with Canada Post due to it having personal secure information in it.

I have already talked to Ebay trust and safety who have told me they have nothing on this offer at all.

The complete email has been forwarded to spoof@ebay.com.

I have also had Lithium remove the entire post from the seller boards.

Please do the same here.

Message 18 of 57
latest reply

I have a serious concern about the product rating on item # 391548642738

This is a unique item and the rating left by a 3rd party who apparently bought or may have bought something from a totally different seller.

How is this even allowed by Ebay? It is absolutely uncalled for and should not even be possible.

Please explain, and have it removed!

Message 19 of 57
latest reply

Yes, I am here and have posted a question on the chat as well

Message 20 of 57
latest reply