September 28th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Followers list not displaying properly
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place (need examples)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Unable to add notes to items in My eBay: not an issue. See supplemental post on this.
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

@dutchman48 wrote:

I have contact both Canada Post as well as Ebay Trust and safety and determined so far this is all

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Gooooood morning, Raphael.

Why is eBay Canada giving away six-month store subscriptions for free and where can I get mine? I've been a LOYAL ebay stores subscriber since 2012, can I get a six-moth break on my fees, pretty please? 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/An-interesting-promotional-offer-from-Canada-Post/m-p/352...

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 10.06.36 AM.png

Thanks,

Mmmmmaureen

p.s. On an unrelated note, most of all of our Followers have disappeared almost completely. It seems to be a page-loading error. What gives?

I have contacted Canada Post and ebay trust and safety and have been told the COP email and any links to Ebay are as phony as a $6 bill. I have sent copies to Ebay trust and safety and dealing with Canada Post as it has personal private information. I have had Lithium remove the post from the discussion boards as well

Raphael, please remove anything in relation to this from this post as well.

Hi dutchman,

I'll reply to your post in priority as it is important to set the record straight. You have been given the wrong information.

This campaign, email, Canada Post and eBay landing pages are 100% legitimate. 

Please cease spreading false information.

Thanks!

Message 21 of 57
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

One other thing I'd like to bring up, as I'm not sure the original poster on the thread below will be here today.  I happen to agree with him that "Reviews" make no sense on vintage, OOAK, or antique items, and are detrimental to the presentation of a unique item, for the reasons I pointed out in Post #4 and further in that thread.  

I'd like to ask that the suggestion be passed along to eBay, for whatever it's worth, that Reviews no longer be shown on items in the "Collectibles" category, or on any item that has a "vintage", "antique", "pre-1930's", "hand-made" or similar designation in the description.  This is related to the UPC code issue in fact, because any UPC-exempt item should also be made exempt from Reviews (or at least give sellers of such items the option of turning off the display of Reviews). 

If eBay still wants to keep its collectibles and OOAK sellers -- something that used to make eBay a unique place -- then it needs to deal more precisely with these issues.  They've thrown both the UPC and Reviews features onto the site in a one-size-fits-all manner, without any thought for the consequences to those sellers who are not listing identical or virtually identical, mass-produced commercial consumer goods. 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Product-Reviews-on-Currency-absolutely-ridiculous/m-p/352...   (Please see Post #4 and the following posts)

Thanks for sharing your concerns and suggestion.

Message 22 of 57
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Hi, I asked about this last week but don’t think I saw an answer. My invoices are not showing multiple items.  If I sell more than 1 item to the same person it is only showing one item.  So if I sell 10 items there is no way to send a copy to the buyer nor is there a way for me to check off the items to make sure I have what I need.  For example in the attachment you can see only 1 shot glass but I sold 2 of them. Why is it not showing both like it used to?  

Hi bunbar,

I did reply to you on this last week. I'm going to need more info in order to look into it. Can you give me a couple of order numbers? If you can't find that, please give me a few groups of item numbers that were sold together in an order and for which the invoice came up with only one item. My email please. Thanks!

Message 23 of 57
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Also, this isn't the first time we have done such campaigns. There was a similar one going out to PayPal merchants in the past 24 months. 

I was actually thinking of several years ago, when stores were a new feature.  I don't recall any fee-free incentives being offered early on.  

Or how about a "bonus" month or two at the 5 and 10-year anniversary point for sellers who have been consistent store subscribers, your legacy sellers?  That would be a very nice thank you note from eBay.  

P.S. Now would be a good time.  Woman Wink

Thank you for sharing your suggestion. 🙂

Message 24 of 57
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Raphael

Please remove any posts concerning the email I received from Canada Post and the listing special. It is a very well done phony email and I have an open file with Canada Post due to it having personal secure information in it.

I have already talked to Ebay trust and safety who have told me they have nothing on this offer at all.

The complete email has been forwarded to spoof@ebay.com.

I have also had Lithium remove the entire post from the seller boards.

Please do the same here. 

Dutchman, can you forward me the email in question? I'm pretty sure it's legitimate but would like to make sure.

For the record, the email that Maureen posted is 100% legitimate.

Message 25 of 57
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

I have contact both Canada Post as well as Ebay Trust and safety and determined so far this is all

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Why is eBay Canada giving away six-month store subscriptions for free and where can I get mine? I've been a LOYAL ebay stores subscriber since 2012, can I get a six-moth break on my fees, pretty please? 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/An-interesting-promotional-offer-from-Canada-Post/m-p/352...

Thanks,

Mmmmmaureen

p.s. On an unrelated note, most of all of our Followers have disappeared almost completely. It seems to be a page-loading error. What gives?

I have contacted Canada Post and ebay trust and safety and have been told the COP email and any links to Ebay are as phony as a $6 bill. I have sent copies to Ebay trust and safety and dealing with Canada Post as it has personal private information. I have had Lithium remove the post from the discussion boards as well

Hi dutchman,

I'll reply to your post in priority as it is important to set the record straight. You have been given the wrong information.

Thanks!

Raphael

I suggest you contact trust and safety who gave me the information it was false as well as Canada Post who told me the same thing.

I am also very concerned now as to who has correct information if trust and safety give out wrong info as well as Canada Post

This does not sit well with me and makes me, you, Ebay trust and safety, and CP all look very bad to be polite.

And incidentally, I am not spreading false rumours, only posting what I was told by Ebay when I called them this morning as wrll as Canada Post who I also called this morning.

I would really appreciate getting to the bottom of this mess.

I will forward the original email to you as well.

Message 26 of 57
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I have a serious concern about the product rating on item # 391548642738

This is a unique item and the rating left by a 3rd party who apparently bought or may have bought something from a totally different seller.

How is this even allowed by Ebay? It is absolutely uncalled for and should not even be possible.

Please explain, and have it removed!

Product reviews are attached to a product, not to a specific listing or seller. The review in your example seems to have come from a buyer on another listing that was offering another issue of the same bank note, and the author seems to have misunderstood the idea to review the product in general instead of the specific copy they were looking at.

While I can see how product reviews might not be as good a fit form numismatics as it is for tech gadgets, I don't really see what is so inappropriate with this particular review. It is favourable, after all.

Message 27 of 57
latest reply

It should not be allowed.

As others have said, if this garbage continues, Ebay will lose a lot of sellers as they really have no idea what they are doing any more with collectibles.

Message 28 of 57
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Thanks,

Mmmmmaureen

Hi dutchman,

Thanks!

Raphael

I suggest you contact trust and safety who gave me the information it was false as well as Canada Post who told me the same thing.

I am also very concerned now as to who has correct information if trust and safety give out wrong info as well as Canada Post

This does not sit well with me and makes me, you, Ebay trust and safety, and CP all look very bad to be polite.

And incidentally, I am not spreading false rumours, only posting what I was told by Ebay when I called them this morning as wrll as Canada Post who I also called this morning.

This thing is getting to be a mess.

Trust and safety also told me that the email  growyourbusiness@ebay.ca

does not exist!

Message 29 of 57
latest reply

The Followers system is messed up, on eBay.ca and eBay.com.

If one views an eBay member profile, the followers will show 0 followers maybe half the time. Just press browser refresh on a member profile and you will see that followers appear and disappear "randomly".

I follow some sellers and when I click on the list of who I follow, then select an eBay id and click on it, many times the eBay member does not show and I get an error message. I have to click on the eBay member name 1 to 5 times to get it to show and sometimes I only get the error message.

Frustrating as I was checking out 50 eBay ids I follow on my buyer account as I was checking them to see if there was anything interesting so I could use the $10 off flash coupon. Took me 10 times longer to check out all the eBay ids.

Here is a recent forum topic discussing the followers issue.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Where-have-all-the-Followers-gone/m-p/351829

Message 30 of 57
latest reply

I sell lots of lapel pins and lots of shot glasses. Is it possible to list them with the option to pay for more than one at the same time so they don’t have to ask for an invoice?

Like if I want to set it up for a buyer to pay an extra .25 cents per pin but on listing the shot glasses  to add $1.00 extra per shot glass  

Without this option, I have a lot of buyers who pay for the pins one at a time and since I sell a lot of $1 items,  I lose half my sale to paypal who charges about .50 cents extra for each individual item, and only a few cents if paid for at the same time. I wish ebay would let buyers know this before they pay for multiple items

Message 31 of 57
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Thanks,

Mmmmmaureen

Hi dutchman,

Thanks!

Raphael

does not exist!

growyourbusiness@ebay.ca exists, it belongs to our Business Development team. The person who told you otherwise was wrong.

This campaign in collaboration with Canada Post has been designed & implemented by the eBay Canada marketing team. it is 10% legit. I assure you I know what I'm saying is true.

EDIT: Sorry about the unfortunate typo. It's 100% legit, not just 10%. 😉 

Message 32 of 57
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I sell lots of lapel pins and lots of shot glasses. Is it possible to list them with the option to pay for more than one at the same time so they don’t have to ask for an invoice?

Like if I want to set it up for a buyer to pay an extra .25 cents per pin but on listing the shot glasses  to add $1.00 extra per shot glass  

Without this option, I have a lot of buyers who pay for the pins one at a time and since I sell a lot of $1 items,  I lose half my sale to paypal who charges about .50 cents extra for each individual item, and only a few cents if paid for at the same time. I wish ebay would let buyers know this before they pay for multiple items

All this is possible if the buyer uses the shopping cart. Unfortunately, as many already know, if you list on eBay.ca and your buyer shops on eBay.com, they won't be able to use the cart there. The shopping cart on eBay.com only works for items listed on eBay.com.

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

All my pins and shot glasses are iisted on .com but I don't know how to set this up in advance, so if I sell 2 pins it will automatically let them pay just .25 for the 2nd one and if I sell a shot glass it will charge a different amount for each additional one. I sell other items on .ca and don't know how to set that up there either

Message 34 of 57
latest reply

For your listings on .com you might be able to set up combined shipping rules that could work if the buyer used the cart on most sites...other than the UK.  You might want to look into promotions manager on .com as well.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/build-your-business-online/boost-profits/manage-your-promoti...

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

All my pins and shot glasses are iisted on .com but I don't know how to set this up in advance, so if I sell 2 pins it will automatically let them pay just .25 for the 2nd one and if I sell a shot glass it will charge a different amount for each additional one. I sell other items on .ca and don't know how to set that up there either

There are 2 ways the system combines items for shipping.

1) For multi-quantity listings and multi-variation listings, you can set a different shipping cost for additional purchases. This will allow buyers to buy more than one item from the same listing and the system will calculate the shipping cost according to what you set for shipping cost on additional items. This only works for items purchased from the same listing at the same time and works the same on eBay.com and on eBay.ca.

2) You can set up combined shipping discount rules that will apply to some or all items (depending on how you set up your rules). This will allow buyers to purchase more than one item from you and have the system put them together in an order automatically and set the order's shipping cost according to your combined shipping discount rules. You can set up your rules from your Site Preferences, or at this link: http://cgi5.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellerShippingPreferences

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

Side note, for anyone with a Basic Store subscription, a new listing for eBay shipping supplies was just created with a lower price point much closer to your coupon value.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/eBay-Branded-Shipping-Supplies-Value-Pack-/252559403413

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Thanks,

Mmmmmaureen

Hi dutchman,

Thanks!

Raphael

does not exist!

growyourbusiness@ebay.ca exists, it belongs to our Business Development team. The person who told you otherwise was wrong.

This campaign in collaboration with Canada Post has been designed & implemented by the eBay Canada marketing team. it is 10% legit. I assure you I know what I'm saying is true.

Which is correct?

To participate in the Promotion, eligible prospective eBay sellers must subscribe to a Basic Store subscription on or before September 30, 2016, at 23:59:59 p.m. EST ("Subscription Period").

or

* By signing up through this offer on or before October 31, 2016, at 23:59:59 p.m. ET , eBay will waive your Basic Store subscription fees for a 6-month period starting on your subscription date. Insertion fees and other applicable fees will apply in accordance with eBay standard policies. Premium and Anchor Store subscriptions are not included. Limited-time offer.
Message 38 of 57
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Thanks,

Mmmmmaureen

Hi dutchman,

Thanks!

Raphael

does not exist!

Which is correct?

To participate in the Promotion, eligible prospective eBay sellers must subscribe to a Basic Store subscription on or before September 30, 2016, at 23:59:59 p.m. EST ("Subscription Period").

or

* By signing up through this offer on or before October 31, 2016, at 23:59:59 p.m. ET , eBay will waive your Basic Store subscription fees for a 6-month period starting on your subscription date. Insertion fees and other applicable fees will apply in accordance with eBay standard policies. Premium and Anchor Store subscriptions are not included. Limited-time offer.

Well this kills the whole thing    (ii) are first time eBay Store subscribers;

Message 39 of 57
latest reply

Where is the free 6 month store offer? How to get it? A link please.

This eBay id has had a store in the past so I cannot use it. I have a couple of other eBay ids I sell casually on so maybe they are eligible. Depending on the the offer conditions, I might start selling again on one of those ids and get a store there.

Message 40 of 57
latest reply