September 28th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Followers list not displaying properly
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place (need examples)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Unable to add notes to items in My eBay: not an issue. See supplemental post on this.
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

It is an email from Canada Post to be eligible under the Solutions for Small Business and you have to have a card with an ID number.

I am trying to use a 2nd account I have and for some reason, log in does not work.

I have to wait until they contact me to see if a 2nd account can be used or not.

Message 41 of 57
latest reply

I see where I can add a certain amount to each item but it looks like it will put this on all items, and not just pins

At one place is says what you see below so I'm assuming I can assign profiles to different things but so far I haven't found out how. I'll keep checking but if anyone can help that would be great

if you have a profile named "Light items" and the additional cost is $1.00. The amount will apear as US$1.00 if you select US currency.

Message 42 of 57
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Which is correct?

To participate in the Promotion, eligible prospective eBay sellers must subscribe to a Basic Store subscription on or before September 30, 2016, at 23:59:59 p.m. EST ("Subscription Period").

or

* By signing up through this offer on or before October 31, 2016, at 23:59:59 p.m. ET , eBay will waive your Basic Store subscription fees for a 6-month period starting on your subscription date. Insertion fees and other applicable fees will apply in accordance with eBay standard policies. Premium and Anchor Store subscriptions are not included. Limited-time offer.

Both are correct.

The 1st one is from eBay's terms. The 2nd one is from Canada Post's terms and pertains to their side of the offer.

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I see where I can add a certain amount to each item but it looks like it will put this on all items, and not just pins

At one place is says what you see below so I'm assuming I can assign profiles to different things but so far I haven't found out how. I'll keep checking but if anyone can help that would be great

if you have a profile named "Light items" and the additional cost is $1.00. The amount will apear as US$1.00 if you select US currency.

Once you have set combined shipping discount rules, you'll be able to apply them (or not apply them) on a listing by listing basis. That part is done when you create the listing.

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

Hi Raphael, I would like to know why on some sellers listings it shows watchers but on others it doesn't.  For example another 1st picture is another sellers listing then mine.

mjwatching.jpgmy watching.jpg

Message 45 of 57
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Raphael, I would like to know why on some sellers listings it shows watchers but on others it doesn't.  For example another 1st picture is another sellers listing then mine.

mjwatching.jpgmy watching.jpg

Hi musicyouneed,

Can you share the URLs for the two search pages you are showing me screen shots from?

Message 46 of 57
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Side note, for anyone with a Basic Store subscription, a new listing for eBay shipping supplies was just created with a lower price point much closer to your coupon value.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/eBay-Branded-Shipping-Supplies-Value-Pack-/252559403413

Thank you Raphael.

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Which is correct?

To participate in the Promotion, eligible prospective eBay sellers must subscribe to a Basic Store subscription on or before September 30, 2016, at 23:59:59 p.m. EST ("Subscription Period").

or

* By signing up through this offer on or before October 31, 2016, at 23:59:59 p.m. ET , eBay will waive your Basic Store subscription fees for a 6-month period starting on your subscription date. Insertion fees and other applicable fees will apply in accordance with eBay standard policies. Premium and Anchor Store subscriptions are not included. Limited-time offer.

Both are correct.

The 1st one is from eBay's terms. The 2nd one is from Canada Post's terms and pertains to their side of the offer.

Does it allow for a store on a 2nd ID?

Message 49 of 57
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Which is correct?

or

Both are correct.

What happens if the department does not call you back prior to the 30th? I tried to sign in manually but won't let me.

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Side note, for anyone with a Basic Store subscription, a new listing for eBay shipping supplies was just created with a lower price point much closer to your coupon value.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/eBay-Branded-Shipping-Supplies-Value-Pack-/252559403413

Thank you Raphael.

Good news, yes! While this might not be every seller's dream solution to the Canada Basic Stores Shipping Coupon dilemma, it will let sellers use their Basic Stores coupon without having to pay out-of-pocket which I think was peoples' main concern with it. I recommend the branded packing tape. It is quite sticky and colourful. And one roll lasts a long time. 

Message 51 of 57
latest reply

Also, thank you to the eBay Canada Deals team for yesterday's flash coupon sale. (For the second Wednesday in a row.) As a buyer here, I made sure to utilize both. 

Message 52 of 57
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

mine

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/m.html?_ssn=musicyouneed&_sop=16

Other seller

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/mjwl2006/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

Thanks. After a bit of poking around, I can't tell for sure why some items have watchers on the Search page and some items don't. Perhaps the page only shows watchers if there are more than a certain number?

I have reached out to the Search team to try and learn more.

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

The Followers system is messed up, on eBay.ca and eBay.com.

If one views an eBay member profile, the followers will show 0 followers maybe half the time. Just press browser refresh on a member profile and you will see that followers appear and disappear "randomly".

I follow some sellers and when I click on the list of who I follow, then select an eBay id and click on it, many times the eBay member does not show and I get an error message. I have to click on the eBay member name 1 to 5 times to get it to show and sometimes I only get the error message.

Frustrating as I was checking out 50 eBay ids I follow on my buyer account as I was checking them to see if there was anything interesting so I could use the $10 off flash coupon. Took me 10 times longer to check out all the eBay ids.

Here is a recent forum topic discussing the followers issue.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Where-have-all-the-Followers-gone/m-p/351829

Raphael, any comments on this issue?

Message 54 of 57
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Which is correct?

or

Both are correct.

What happens if the department does not call you back prior to the 30th? I tried to sign in manually but won't let me.

As long as you fill the form before October 31st, you'll be fine. Once that's done you can either wait for the phone call or subscribe to a Basic store yourself, the person who will call you will adjust your store subscription to make it free for 6 months as per the promotion terms.

Message 55 of 57
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

The Followers system is messed up, on eBay.ca and eBay.com.

If one views an eBay member profile, the followers will show 0 followers maybe half the time. Just press browser refresh on a member profile and you will see that followers appear and disappear "randomly".

I follow some sellers and when I click on the list of who I follow, then select an eBay id and click on it, many times the eBay member does not show and I get an error message. I have to click on the eBay member name 1 to 5 times to get it to show and sometimes I only get the error message.

Frustrating as I was checking out 50 eBay ids I follow on my buyer account as I was checking them to see if there was anything interesting so I could use the $10 off flash coupon. Took me 10 times longer to check out all the eBay ids.

Here is a recent forum topic discussing the followers issue.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Where-have-all-the-Followers-gone/m-p/351829

Raphael, any comments on this issue?

Hi pocomo,

No comment other than I'm reaching out to the team who owns this feature. I'll try to have something by next week's session.

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

This concludes our session for this week. Thanks for joining and see you next time!

Message 57 of 57
latest reply