Answer center points.

scifan57
Community Member

What is the purpose of the points earned by answering questions in the answer center?Can they be used for anything?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Answer center points.

Hi Scifan -

They are meant to help rate answers that are most helpful so that people looking for information are able to find the most helpful information more quickly.

It's not a point system in the sense of collection them, or anything, it's more a way for users to provide feedback on whether or not an aswer worked for them. 🙂

Thanks!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Answer center points.

With the points are you going to show the "best answer" (highest points first) like some sites do?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Answer center points.

With the points are you going to show the "best answer" (highest points first) like some sites do?

Hi Poco -

When browsing the Answer Centre you can choose to sort by rating which will give you those that have been rated highly first. The points don't play a role, however, in search- which is based on content relevance only.

Thanks

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Answer center points.

scifan57
Community Member

If you need a minimum feedback score of 10 to answer questions in the answer center,how does a member with a feedback score of less than that get points.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Answer center points.

Hi Sci -

The "points" in Answer Centre aren't meant to be attributed to a specific member per se - and certainly don't contribute to feedback scores.

The requirement of 10 feedback to answer a question is there to ensure that members who have experience trading on the site answer questions.

Thanks!

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Answer center points.

Can I transfer my points to my Zeller's Card? Tim Horton's ? Air Miles?

One thousand useful answers for an Ice Capp! :-x

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Answer center points.

I think this topis is now pointless to continue. 🙂

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Answer center points.

I think this topis is now pointless to continue. 🙂

I think this topic is now pointless to continue. 🙂

Sigh, I am the typo king. 😞

Message 9 of 9