Are eBay Communities connected between USA & Canada?

ashleedawg
Community Member

I'm starting to use eBay Community more often as a place to find answers.

When Googling an eBay-related question, the results will sometime include posts from:

•  community.ebay.ca
  •  community.ebay.com
  •  community.ebay.co.uk, etc.

Is it possible to search across all Community countries (from within Community)?

Of course, certain questions do require country-specific answers, but others, like technical questions, could apply to many (or all) eBay domains.  I just don't want to miss out on any valuable solutions to whatever issue I'm having on that day!

Also I'm noticing that I am allowed to post on any of them, but if I post or respond, but any followup Notifications (and the badges/ranks/etc) go to that domain only, so I have to go check back on each country individually...  Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Because, I suppose, of the differences between domains, questions on one site can only be seen on that site.

But there are more questions and more answers on the larger sites.

Which can be a problem.

For example, I have been slagged on dotCOM for saying that the Hold period on payments to  new sellers is up to 21 days when posting on dotCOM.

And it is.

For non-US sellers, who do frequent the dotCOM Boards.

But the US sellers (some of them anyway) got their panties in a knot, because --- Murrica!

If you post a question to a Board, it is well worth mentioning where you post and specifying that you need advice from members who are familiar with the quirks of that site.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You're not missing anything.

Each community is managed separately.

And one reason is that some communities have completely different forum software.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

the new original Usa site community forum is a mess in terms of view. here stills use the old version.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It was back in 2006 that I started to read the US board.

I found that it was best to read  and not respond......  One has to learn what not to do.

There used to be a discussion group  where buyers were targets.....The action on buyers was truly vicious...

My description of that group was that it was a combination of High Noon, Dodge City and OK Corral... There were major attacks almost every minute..... no one was safe.

That discussion  group was closed... and many were unhappy....  The unhappy ones gradually disappeared

In many respects  things did calm down.... However, many still choose to attack.  That is  why they choose to have a posting ID on eBay.com.

I found that the best thing to do on eBay.com was to read and learn....  Many times someone came with a problem.....many times a BIG problem     They knew the answer,  they often knew what to do.. but chose to ignore the many posters,  and continued to do their own thing....  Reading  these discussions were a true learning experience.

To be a successful seller on eBay....One learns what not to do on eBay

--------------------------------------------------------

eBay Canada  is a place to get answers.... presented in a logical manner.

There have been some difficult people... but they leave....  and they disappear.... 

We have had some painful experiences... but these posters have chosen not to  post   They know they will get ignored.... They find out they are on the wrong side of a discussion

-------------------------------------

I have seen people come here a bit belligerent...very uptight.  However,  they have adjusted... and have learned  what is acceptable.....  We can discuss many things...... and without two or more sides to a discussion we would learn nothing.

and we do learn on eBay Canada's discussion boards.

We are here to read and learn

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

femmefan1946
I rarely check on the Community but when I have I recall seeing your input several times so please tell me the best way to find community discussion topics with the most recent on top. Even this post that you replied to was a year ago. It boggles my little mind why discussions are retained for years. Yes it could be that the search was by Topic but regardless, I'd rather see nothing than something written 3-4 yrs or more ago. Look for your comments. Yes I'm in N.B. where nothing is selling for me but that's another subject.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Save this senior seller a lot of reading; I'd really appreciate it.
When I list, for example, Royal Albert used bone china dishes, does or will I need to be using Catalogue Numbers? Judging from the Brands it looks very much like they're referring to NEW merchandise.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello!

Old discussions are retained for two main reasons:

1. Our archive feature does not work "as expected"; and

2. They get resurrected with new discussion slight_smile

Getting the archive feature to work properly (instead of just chucking "archived" posts into a hidden forum that can still be searched for some reason...) is on my list of things to do. It requires some work with Lithium.

To answer your most recent question, the china you mention is not currently required to be associated to a catalogue entry. We recommend that you do so when possible, but it's not currently required. I hope that helps slight_smile

I'll close this thread to new replies now as it's technically a zombie thread, but there's some good discussion going on in this thread about the new listing requirements if you'd like to read or discuss it more.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply